• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Not so much scoring Mark , he just played with real aggression against Cardiff and he took shots as soon as they were presented and he nearly always scores when he does . I just feel that there is a level there he has as a striker where he looks like he can score at any moment . You don't always see it .
Happier?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Laca and PEA will allow Emery the time to make his system work. No matter how we're playing these two always have goals in them. By the end of the season, these two might be the most lethal duo in the EPL.

This 100%. Love them!

Laca is currently my favorite player in this squad!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Saw some comments over the half time that Laca should be off because he has no end product :D
When we have that top talent at our hands we just can't appreciate it.

This guy is doing everything for his team, I can't think of any better CF these days.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Bit mixed , happy about the goal but he was about to get subbed when he scored and I don't blame Emery for wanting to .
Watched the post-match press conference and Emery didn’t actually say that he wanted Laca off. Didn’t even imply it

Jae

Watched the post-match press conference and Emery didn’t actually say that he wanted Laca off. Didn’t even imply it

So what if he did anyway. He was no better or worse than Aubameyang up or anyone else in the team up until that point. Was probably the only one putting passes together in the final third.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
So what if he did anyway. He was no better or worse than Aubameyang up or anyone else in the team up until that point. Was probably the only one putting passes together in the final third.
Just pointing out that the journalists are once again running with a false headline after one of Emery’s press conferences. It’s a language issue and the way he expresses himself at times leaves a lot to be open for interpretation.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

Just pointing out that the journalists are once again running with a false headline after one of Emery’s press conferences. It’s a language issue and the way he expresses himself at times leaves a lot to be open for interpretation.

Fair does mate! Wouldn't disagree with you there. Think the media have got a bit of an axe to grind with us, luckily they hate United more than us :lol:

On another note, when Laca drops deep and adopts that number 10 positions he's arguably been better than both Özil and Ramsey this season :lol: some of those balls he played through the defence were worldies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Fair does mate! Wouldn't disagree with you there. Think the media have got a bit of an axe to grind with us, luckily they hate United more than us :lol:

On another note, when Laca drops deep and adopts that number 10 positions he's arguably been better than both Özil and Ramsey this season :lol: some of those balls he played through the defence were worldies.
Wouldn’t mind seeing him at 10 over Ramsey at all. Steve Bould has even said that he could do well there.

I think that if Emery doesn’t fix up soon and start playing Auba/Laca up front then I could definitely see Barca use our situation to their advantage and try to get Laca as their Suarez replacement. He’d fit perfectly there

Reactions: Jae

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah fewtch , haven't heard anything from journo's was watching the match and they were preparing Iwobi to come on for Laca.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Nah fewtch , haven't heard anything from journo's was watching the match and they were preparing Iwobi to come on for Laca.
Can’t personally remember the commentators mentioning that. Thought you got it from the press conference reports but fair enough.

They asked him about playing with two strikers in a 442 a couple weeks ago and then they ran with “Auba and Laca won’t play together” headlines after he simply said that we won’t play 442. I find it a bit annoying when they continuously misrepresent someone who is clearly struggling with the language atm.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's been very good this season. Some of his passing was so crisp in the final third. He really weighted his passes so well, with enough zip to feed the wide players when he dropped deep.

His hold up play is a step up from girouds. He just doesn't get knocked over that easily. Plants his back in to the challenging defender and shifts his bodyweight low. Often picks a pass on the exit turn and really links up well with all other attacking players. The finish was brilliant, but I just love the fight in the guy.
His response to the aubameyang signing is enough to tell us all we need to know about his character.

WilshereGone

Before the season I was against the idea of Auba on the wing unless Laca really forced the issue himself. He's definitely done that. Better all round player than Auba, though I do think Auba is the more natural goalscorer. Hopefully we get to see a bit more experimentation in regards to maybe a 4-3-1-2 or a diamond or something, but as it stands I'm happy for both to continue as they are.

uriazu

Not his best game and yet perhaps the more accurate in the last third with the clearer ideas.
His touches are always with an idea behind.
He scored one and should get an assist on the second.
He holds the ball very well
He is in my opinion much more technique than Auba and I thikn Auba needs to improve plenty. He is really not close to his best.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This guy is the main reason I watch at the moment.

Gutted whenever he doesn't start, I hope this form continues. His goal celebrations are quality too.

He punched Mustafi in the back of the head when he scored the other week as well, major brownie points.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

My opinion on him has changed, think it's mainly down to with his partnership with Aubameyang - love the two of them.

Surprised no one has mentioned his goal celebration, it's ****ing brilliant! :lol:
Yeah what is it actually, looks like a slow dance or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom