• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

akhil

Isn’t the point that he’s good outside the box cos he has to be, cos he can’t compete in the box. We should be targeting a player with strength and pace who can actually unsettle defenders in the box, and who can score a 1v1 versus the goalie.
He's supposed to be a striker leading the line though, not a 2nd striker or an AM. I'd rather have a striker who can drop deep occasionally and help out but whose primary contributions are in goals, not a striker who barely get any shots off but gets his props for doing most of his good stuff far from goal.

He's not a 180K/week good anyway, never has been.Solid pro though, never heard any issues with him his entire time here, even though he's been treated lousily being in and out the team his entire tenure here.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
PL defenders:
imac21.jpg

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sounds like a sensible decision. We need to find a replacement, not renew his contract. He needs a last long term contract. Laca has been an honest grafter for us, through a difficult period for the club.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
feel him & Eddie getting any pre agreements sorted quick is only a good thing for us

it has to weigh on your mind playing without that security & so much money on the line

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sounds like a sensible decision. We need to find a replacement, not renew his contract. He needs a last long term contract. Laca has been an honest grafter for us, through a difficult period for the club.

If Balogun has a good loan at Middlesbrough, maybe he could be our back up striker next season...would have Martinelli who could play there too.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd imagine we'd only offer him a year extension if anything which from his own point of view he'd be silly to accept when he could get a 2-3 deal with someone like Lyon.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He would be wise to focus on his performance and if he does well take a decent contract from Lyon

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not if they can agree on a pre contract. Then he can coast for the next three months.
Yeah but he has nailed in place next 4 months here and he doesn’t have to rush anything. But if he does well he can earn a big move to france

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I wont be sad to see him go in all honesty and think its a good thing we dont renew.

I also think the same with Nketiah.

But it is very alarming that the club will lose the two main strikers we now have, in the summer and for free.

We will be going into the summer transfer market where striker options are limited and require 1 main striker and a backup which will be extremely difficult to get.

I suppose the one positive is Mbappe and Haaland will quick off them merry go round but we are then waiting to react.

This makes it even more confusing that we didnt sign a Cabral or similar in January, a player who could have helped now but also could have been upgraded on if required in the summer and he could then move into the back up role.

I hope this club knows what its doing but I really doubt it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I wont be sad to see him go in all honesty and think its a good thing we dont renew.

I also think the same with Nketiah.

But it is very alarming that the club will lose the two main strikers we now have, in the summer and for free.

We will be going into the summer transfer market where striker options are limited and require 1 main striker and a backup which will be extremely difficult to get.

I suppose the one positive is Mbappe and Haaland will quick off them merry go round but we are then waiting to react.

This makes it even more confusing that we didnt sign a Cabral or similar in January, a player who could have helped now but also could have been upgraded on if required in the summer and he could then move into the back up role.

I hope this club knows what its doing but I really doubt it.
The club will do anything to renew him. Even offer him improved contract. Last thing they want is to buy a new strike force. We will also buy a striker next January

akhil

Yeah but he has nailed in place next 4 months here and he doesn’t have to rush anything. But if he does well he can earn a big move to france

I'm not sure why he wouldn't consider Milan to be honest. Giroud and Ibra are the options up top there. Could get more money than Lyon and CL football. They've been interested in him before. Atletico Madrid too.

Lyon would be a purely sentimental option, he could still offer a decent amount in Italy and Spain.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not sure why he wouldn't consider Milan to be honest. Giroud and Ibra are the options up top there. Could get more money than Lyon and CL football. They've been interested in him before. Atletico Madrid too.

Lyon would be a purely sentimental option, he could still offer a decent amount in Italy and Spain.
Personally I see him going to Spain

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom