• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

iced22

Speedy, versatile forward that likes to dribble and steadily improving goal-scoring ability. That's a start.

And for those who fear Gervinho/Giroud-esque failures, Lacazette has one advantage over them: Champions League experience. I'm surprised so few people use this as a way to judge a player - often when signing relatively unproven players or players from lesser leagues, Champions League experience often can indicate their true ability. Case in point: Eduardo. Lacazette hasn't gotten significant play time in Europe, but 2 goals in 2 career CL starts and a bunch of sub appearances isn't terrible for his age.

He probably shouldn't be our first choice at a forward signing considering his age and that he's not 100% "proven", but is decent for a plan B.

mo50

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
He's 22 and I think already a much better all round player than Remy. I'm not sure if he's good enough but just because Gervinho and Giroud aren't/weren't good enough doesn't mean we should turn our nose up at every Ligue 1 player. Kos and Sagna are certainly good enough. Would Hazard/Benzema/Cabaye/Pea/Ben Arfa have been poor buys? I don't think so

After our recent purchases from France, you can't help but not be scarred by the arrival of any forwards from there. Chamakh/Park/Giroud/Gervinho, all way under par.

Some of the defending in in the clips I've seen from this guy is borderline negligent. No way he'd be afforded that luxury in England. At least he's got pace and can run with the ball without losing it.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Bigbludfire said:
Excuse the hyperbole "****", and replace it with "not good enough" if it bothers people so much. If I asked every person in this thread whether they'd want us to sign him, I guarantee you it'd be no where near a majority.

Not good enough. Next.

I assume you haven't seen him play, at all.

This guy is quality, perfect replacement for Podolski. He's not a huge upgrade on Podolski, but he's got tons of upside unlike Podolski who's getting old.

Lacazette could easily do a job on the wing straight away. He's not worse than Chamberlain or Podolski, and he's only 22. Has looked brilliant every time I've seen him play.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOs1MYekzg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOs1MYekzg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't get the instant snubs. He's exactly what everyone has been crying out for: Tricky, direct winger with tons of pace.

I don't want a Podolski replacement. I want a better player, a player that significantly improves the team. I've seen the videos, and I'm not going to pretend I know his game. However there's nothing that suggests he's a significant improvement to Podolski or our team.

I'm not even bothered that he's French, or plays in the French league. I can quite clearly see he's a lot more technical than Gervais, Giroud and Chamakh. But it doesn't make me want him any more or any less

outlaw_member

Established Member
What is with the fascination with under-23 players. I don't get it. You guys realise the inconsistencies that come with young players? I guess not.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I know feck all about him but we've got enough young developing wingers and don't need another on our books. Unless he is going to make an immediate impact (which I highly doubt) I don't see the need.

At least someone like Remy is in his peak, proven in England and covers the front 3.

eye4goal

Established Member
He makes sense as a Podolski replacement, but there could be better players available in the summer(Greizmann, Alexis Sanchez, Carrasco etc). It would be a speculative buy, but you can't always buy the finished article. Liverpool took a risk on afew and look at them now. Even Chelsea buy alot of youngsters nowadays.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette will be 23 this summer - he doesn't exactly lack the all-encompassing attribute that is "experience" either. He's not that young.

But then this goes back to what I said earlier - he's not the "name" so he's sh-t/not good enough I suppose. Bollocks, I say....

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
MutableEarth said:
Lacazette will be 23 this summer - he doesn't exactly lack the all-encompassing attribute that is "experience" either. He's not that young.

But then this goes back to what I said earlier - he's not the "name" so he's sh-t/not good enough I suppose. Bollocks, I say....

Depends entirely on where he'll be playing, if we're adding to the wing we need something special that we really push us on. If his replacing Giroud with another striker coming in then I think most attitudes would change.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He's not what we need. He can do a job on the wings but he's more effective centrally, and you don't play a 5'7 midget up front if his name isn't Messi or Agüero.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
MutableEarth said:

Yawnnnn.

Is he going to take us up a level, or in better terms... Improve the team? If not, what's the point you're trying to make? That he's a decent player? So f**king what. It doesn't change anything in regards to our team :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bigbludfire said:
MutableEarth said:

Yawnnnn.

Is he going to take us up a level, or in better terms... Improve the team? If not, what's the point you're trying to make? That he's a decent player? So f**king what. It doesn't change anything in regards to our team :lol:

Well f*cking duh, you fool. Of course I'm saying he can improve the team :lol:

Anzac

Established Member
SiMamu said:
Would he offer anything Walcott doesn't?

Dribbling ability at pace - a Gervinho with goals?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/73078/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/73078/</a>

Pires7_Legend

We need Diego Costa/Cavani to be our first choice striker. I would not mind this guy or Michy Batshuai to be back up striker but not a first choice!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
SiMamu said:
Would he offer anything Walcott doesn't?

Better technique and dribbling. Links up slightly better too.

One thing I've noticed is that he does tend to score on the big occasion/when it matters. If we signed him, I would be cool with it - not my first choice, but a very good option.

Mine would obviously be Cavani - ultimate wishlist. Costa's not a bad shout but I can't see him coming, nor am I completely convinced he's the striker we need, but wouldn't complain about him either. There really is a dearth of top strikers around, mostly potential top strikers.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Our lack of pace up front has been a real issue, it's so easy to defend against but imagine for a minute Özil feeding these 3

...............Özil
Lacazette...............Chamberlain
...........Walcott

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Our lack of pace up front has been a real issue, it's so easy to defend against but imagine for a minute Özil feeding these 3

...............Özil
Lacazette...............Chamberlain
...........Walcott

Would be happier with him feeding these 3:

..............Özil..................
.....Walcott...........Ox/Reus.....
.............Balotelli.............

Lacazette isn't a player who offers anything more than Campbell or Gnabry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom