• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Our lack of pace up front has been a real issue, it's so easy to defend against but imagine for a minute Özil feeding these 3

...............Özil
Lacazette...............Chamberlain
...........Walcott

We'll do **** all with a frontline like that.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Our lack of pace up front has been a real issue, it's so easy to defend against but imagine for a minute Özil feeding these 3

...............Özil
...........Walcott

Would be happier with him feeding these 3:

..............Özil..................
.....Walcott...........Ox/Reus.....
.............Balotelli.............

Lacazette isn't a player who offers anything more than Campbell or Gnabry

He's proven and a better dribbler and entering his prime.

fabo said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

...............Özil
...........Walcott

We'll do **** all with a frontline like that.

We're not likely to get a top striker imo. Walcott wants to play striker and has the pace and finishing to rack up big numbers. Chamberlain's better out wide and 1 of our best players lately. We'd be stretching defences with pace, the opposite to what we're doing at the moment

burnsjed

Established Member
I saw him play this weekend and really didn't think he stood out at all, of course you can't judge a player in one single game, especially when they are playing against RM.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's your typical good young developing player, its only Arsenal fans who get high on these types despite them still needing years of work before they reach the required levels.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ASAP Berg said:
Do you guys rate Griezmann much?

Not as high as some, but I think he's extremely promising. He reminds me a bit of Ljungberg - works hard, excellent movement off the ball and a good finisher. He's not a bad dribbler either, but he's not really that kind of winger.

Impressive player, and has scored a lot of goals, but still a way to go. I'd be happy with him here.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
GDeep said:
He's your typical good young developing player, its only Arsenal fans who get high on these types despite them still needing years of work before they reach the required levels.

Who would you like Arsenal to go for to potentially replace Podolski in the summer?

Maybe El-Shaarawy? I'm not sure who is out there, a lot of players who would need a season or two to really get going I think.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ASAP Berg said:
GDeep said:

Who would you like Arsenal to go for to potentially replace Podolski in the summer?

Maybe El-Shaarawy? I'm not sure who is out there, a lot of players who would need a season or two to really get going I think.

INB4 someone says Reus :D ....

burnsjed

Established Member
I would like a true winger, someone that will take on the defender, a dribbler.
One of our biggest problems is our inability to stretch the oppositions defence, this is in part due to our lack of these qualities coming from the flanks.
There was an observation on another thread comparing Liverpool's penalty tally compared to ours.
Well considering we invariably do not over commit when going forward, and we have a lack of players running directly with the ball and attacking opposition defenders in the box, it is hardly surprising we do not win many PK's.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
burnsjed said:
I would like a true winger, someone that will take on the defender, a dribbler.
One of our biggest problems is our inability to stretch the oppositions defence, this is in part due to our lack of these qualities coming from the flanks.
There was an observation on another thread comparing Liverpool's penalty tally compared to ours.
Well considering we invariably do not over commit when going forward, and we have a lack of players running directly with the ball and attacking opposition defenders in the box, it is hardly surprising we do not win many PK's.

I agree that we need a dribbler, but perhaps a wide-forward rather than a "true winger" - you know Wenger doesn't sign wingers :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
ASAP Berg said:
GDeep said:

Loic Remy would be a good replacement for Podolski. Quick, direct, can beat a player, scores, and most importantly for me, he'll deliver straight away as he's experienced and got league experience. Play him central too, sometimes.

I'm against Remy when people suggest him as our starting CF next season, don't think he's the permanent answer or enough on his own.

You'll be waiting 2/3 seasons for Lacazette.

Giroud

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
ASAP Berg said:
Do you guys rate Griezmann much?

Not as high as some, but I think he's extremely promising. He reminds me a bit of Ljungberg - works hard, excellent movement off the ball and a good finisher. He's not a bad dribbler either, but he's not really that kind of winger.

Impressive player, and has scored a lot of goals, but still a way to go. I'd be happy with him here.

Wasn't too keen on him a few months ago but we desperately need someone like him now. I don't think he's as influential as Vela but that willingness to attack the box and get in between defenders is exactly what we're missing with Walcott out. Neither Griezmann or Walcott are going to be world class but with Özil in behind we'll have two very threatening wide forwards.

Giroud

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
GDeep said:

Pedro would be a great signing IMO.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Yeah I think the two most proven wingers that maybe could be poached would be Pedro or Reus. But I doubt Barcelona would sell Pedro he's very loyal to their club and they have a transfer ban.

Honestly I'd love us to go for Arda, he can beat a player but he offers everything Cazorla does at a higher intensity and is better suited to EPL. Cazorla + 10m for Arda should do it.

Giroud

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
Yeah I think the two most proven wingers that maybe could be poached would be Pedro or Reus. But I doubt Barcelona would sell Pedro he's very loyal to their club and they have a transfer ban.

Honestly I'd love us to go for Arda, he can beat a player but he offers everything Cazorla does at a higher intensity and is better suited to EPL. Cazorla + 10m for Arda should do it.

But Arda's still a player who doesn't want to get between or behind defenders to get in goalscoring positions. He's a great player but we have so many other players who do the exact same thing which is why I don't think we need him. We need someone who offers the same sort of things as Walcott, not another playmaker.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Pedro is one of the most underrated players in world football, goal threat, completely ambidextrous and immense work rate, can't think of any better winger out there. Ronaldo and Bale are inside forwards, not even sure I rate the latter higher than Pedro.

I rate Turan but like Giroud said he's absolutely not what we need.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
MutableEarth said:
ASAP Berg said:
GDeep said:

INB4 someone says Reus :D ....

I would have said R*** ! Pedro, Lavezzi as the main 3 other than El Shawaary. would possibly take a punt on Rodriguez or Llalana as long as we brought a top forward in.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/550269/Manchester-City-Arsenal-Liverpool-Alexandre-Lacazette-Nabil-Fekir-transfer-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... nsfer-news</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Weak link and with Theo, Alexis and Giroud already but he really is ripping it up in ligue 1 and looks like he could do it in the PL imo. Would hate to see Liverpool or City get him right now.

He plays in a front 2 so how he'd do as a CF is up for debate. With the forwards we have we probably don't see 'the squad space' for him much like we didn't have the 'the squad space' for Fabregas. Would love to see us go for in for him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom