• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Pato

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lancenet.com.br/corinthians/Corinthians-recusa-milhoes-Arsenal-Pato_0_1039696127.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lancenet.com.br/corinthians/ ... 96127.html</a>

According to brazilian reports they are saying Corinthians reject 8M euros offer from us for Pato Brazilian reports saying Corinthians want 12M euros to sell Pato.

spartandre217

Established Member
Saw some people on twitter saying that if Wenger spends 8m on Pato then he hasn't been watching the Brazilian league.

Seems like he splits opinions among even the most ardent Pato watchers. In the past he was brilliant and he probably still has the pace and capacity to finish practically any decent chance but with so many questions about him, can you see this happening?

I don't.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saw that too, seems to be more his attitude being questioned rather than his actual ability.

spartandre217

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
He loves a rave. I can see him and David Luiz getting up to all sorts :lol:

Nothing wrong with a rave every once in a while if you're not high off your mind and don't have to work the next day.

That said, as talented as he might be and as good as he might become, we can ill afford another Bendtner-esque disruptive character in the dressing room.

This is too important a season to take punts. That said Pato of old feeding off passes from Santi,Mesut,Jack and Aaron would get anyone's knickers wet.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we've really bid for him then Wenger must be confident that he can make something out of him and that's enough for me. I'm sure Edu's given us the inside scoop on Pato as well. He reportedly turned down Tottenham the other time round, so there's another plus!

Buhry

Established Member

spartandre217 said:
Saw some people on twitter saying that if Wenger spends 8m on Pato then he hasn't been watching the Brazilian league.

Seems like he splits opinions among even the most ardent Pato watchers. In the past he was brilliant and he probably still has the pace and capacity to finish practically any decent chance but with so many questions about him, can you see this happening?

I don't.

If you go to youtube videos corinthians fans basically seem to be raging at him in the comment section of most of them. If we do end up signing this guy it would probably be a pretty big gameble. Seem like it could easily turn into another arshavin situation, without the initial honeymoon stage.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The foundation of this Arsenal team is built upon professionalism, consistency and mental toughness. Yet some of you want to sign Pato. I really don't understand.

You do not need the best centre forward in the world in order to be the best TEAM in the world. Bayern have proved that. We need to bring in someone who fits into our system. We need a player who can offer something similar to Giroud.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well wenger today said we never made a bid for Pato and we are not interested to sign him.

blrgooner

Established Member
I don`t think we need a player who offers something similar to Giroud. On the contrary, I think Giroud is good at what he does and we need someone who can offer a different dimension to the game.
That being said, I am not sure about Pato. He is immensely talented but I am not sure he will succeed here. I am always concerned about players whose exposure to major leagues is limited to Serie A. I think if he does come to EPL and succeed, he will take a considerable amount of bedding in time which we cannot afford ATM.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
The_Playmaker said:
The foundation of this Arsenal team is built upon professionalism, consistency and mental toughness. Yet some of you want to sign Pato. I really don't understand.

You do not need the best centre forward in the world in order to be the best TEAM in the world. Bayern have proved that. We need to bring in someone who fits into our system. We need a player who can offer something similar to Giroud.

You're full of Wengerisms today.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom