• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
200.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
when footballers at club they settled in winning trophies even not major once money shouldn't make you change that. you still earning s**tload of money.

how many footballers now left Arsenal in wenger era just to regret their decision afterward i even include Cesc the guy was booed at Barcelona ffs his hometown

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yes he is. People always try to downplay RvP because of the way he left (which is weird because Sanchez left the same way)
He absolutely didn't. Alexis gave everything for us and went to United a carcass, RVP was a carcass for 80% of his time here and left for United after his first full season. No comparison.
and I get it but he went to Utd and immediately supplanted Rooney as the best player in the team and won them a title easily. If not for dodgy refereeing he'd have gotten us past Pep's prime Barcelona in the CL as well. We have not had a player near that brilliant since. Alexis was never doing that. That last 18 months of RvP in an Arsenal shirt was better than anything we've seen from a player since Thierry left and has not been matched since. The only reason this is even an argument is because Alexis won some FA Cups. The reality is that if RvP had stayed one more year at Arsenal we'd probably have won the league instead of Utd. He was that good at that point.
RVP's first six months in that 18 month run were not nearly as good as his last full season. Wenger brought him on every game without fail to build him up and he'd get half decent numbers but his overall play wasn't anywhere near his best. Not surprising we went from challenging for the title to scraping 4th in that time frame.

His last season and Alexis best is much of a muchness. He was very silky on the ball and overall class but a bit wasteful in front of goal, watch a couple of those games back you'll be surprised how many balls he lashed at considering his unreal ability on the ball. Will never forget that piss poor pathetic attempt at a lob over Abbiati, Giroud would've blushed at that level of bottling it. Nevermind the Barcelona game that Milan game was one he could've gotten us into CL quarter finals and he had piss streaming down his legs.

That Arsenal team was also entirely built to feed him, he beefed Ramsey Walcott and Gervinho at times for not delivering the ball to him. Alexis was a bit of a weirdo but RVP was a rat.

A lot of history rewriting and overrating of that Dutch snake going on. RVP could do almost everything with the ball but for a striker he had poor composure, he was a cripple most of his career and his entire prime was basically two seasons. Alexis had more good seasons just with us than that fraud had his entire career, guy didn't even have much of a physical game and left for Turkey at 31 ffs.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He absolutely didn't. Alexis gave everything for us and went to United a carcass, RVP was a carcass for 80% of his time here and left for United after his first full season. No comparison.

RVP's first six months in that 18 month run were not nearly as good as his last full season. Wenger brought him on every game without fail to build him up and he'd get half decent numbers but his overall play wasn't anywhere near his best. Not surprising we went from challenging for the title to scraping 4th in that time frame.

His last season and Alexis best is much of a muchness. He was very silky on the ball and overall class but a bit wasteful in front of goal, watch a couple of those games back you'll be surprised how many balls he lashed at considering his unreal ability on the ball. Will never forget that piss poor pathetic attempt at a lob over Abbiati, Giroud would've blushed at that level of bottling it. Nevermind the Barcelona game that Milan game was one he could've gotten us into CL quarter finals and he had piss streaming down his legs.

That Arsenal team was also entirely built to feed him, he beefed Ramsey Walcott and Gervinho at times for not delivering the ball to him. Alexis was a bit of a weirdo but RVP was a rat.

A lot of history rewriting and overrating of that Dutch snake going on. RVP could do almost everything with the ball but for a striker he had poor composure, he was a cripple most of his career and his entire prime was basically two seasons. Alexis had more good seasons just with us than that fraud had his entire career, guy didn't even have much of a physical game and left for Turkey at 31 ffs.
Yeah ok mate. Ask anyone in football who was the superior player and RvP is clear. You've literally proved my point demonstrating your bias that Alexis "gave everything" vs RvP was injured for us a lot. The reality is that if you take that bias out, RvP's peak was a title winner who could have you going toe to toe with the best team in modern history whereas Alexis' peak was winning some Cups and nothing else.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah ok mate. Ask anyone in football who was the superior player and RvP is clear. You've literally proved my point demonstrating your bias that Alexis "gave everything" vs RvP was injured for us a lot. The reality is that if you take that bias out, RvP's peak was a title winner who could have you going toe to toe with the best team in modern history whereas Alexis' peak was winning some Cups and nothing else.
Read your own post again, I said Alexis gave everything in response to Alexis allegedly doing the same thing as RVP not about his ability. As for bias I'm not the one thinking we went toe to toe with Barcelona in a game where we had zero shots on goal for 90 minutes. We were thoroughly dominated and your talisman did nothing in that game.

RvP had two great years and his time at the top ended at 31 in Turkey. Player careers aren't just their peak years, Alexis is the perfect example won one title with Barcelona before he reached his peak with us and another with Inter on the wrong side of 30.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t feel anything towards Alexis. Didn’t do anything here, didn’t do anything at United.

He’s irrelevant, unlike Cesc and RVP who were truly elite at Chelsea and United.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Read your own post again, I said Alexis gave everything in response to Alexis allegedly doing the same thing as RVP not about his ability. As for bias I'm not the one thinking we went toe to toe with Barcelona in a game where we had zero shots on goal for 90 minutes. We were thoroughly dominated and your talisman did nothing in that game.

RvP had two great years and his time at the top ended at 31 in Turkey. Player careers aren't just their peak years, Alexis is the perfect example won one title with Barcelona before he reached his peak with us and another with Inter on the wrong side of 30.
You can twist and turn however you would like. RvP's football legacy is larger than Sanchez's. His peak is higher and nobody in football thinks Alexis belongs in the same sentence. I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you when it's obvious that your opinion is based solely on a dislike of RvP. We all know that you post utter nonsense when you dislike a player like everything in the Rice thread. :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You can twist and turn however you would like. RvP's football legacy is larger than Sanchez's. His peak is higher and nobody in football thinks Alexis belongs in the same sentence. I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you when it's obvious that your opinion is based solely on a dislike of RvP. We all know that you post utter nonsense when you dislike a player like everything in the Rice thread. :lol:
Couldn't engage anything I said so the response is ad hominems and "it's obvious you're biased".

Even with you being American this is embarrassing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez' legacy with Chile is probably greater than any legacy Van Persie had with any of his teams, to be fair to Alexis.

Sanchez was the main man in the teams that won the only trophies in Chile's history, that is historic really.

Let's play Aubamawang

If you are actually comparing what RvP was as a player to Alexis then you need help. Alexis was never close to being the best player in the league. RvP was as soon as he could put some health together. No comparison and I say this as someone who loved both when they were here and in fact who counted both as my favorite players when they were here.
Like I said, you can be as talented as you want, but the best ability is availability. RVP was constantly in the treatment room before he had 2.5 good seasons. Yes, he was an extraordinary player, but so was Alexis. I do consider them both top quality players, so no I don't need help. But if I do I'll let you know so you can drop me off at Arkham.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d put Alexis way above RVP career wise.

Talent wise it was probably in Robin’s favour but Alexis had that dog in him and ended up with the better career.

Balled out at Udinese, Barcelona then with us.

Also was one of the best international tournament players I’ve ever seen as was Robin tbf.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That dinked penalty to win the first Copa America for Chile, literally would have died if I even thought about trying that :lol:

Honestly in no small part down to him Messi retired and might have been done internationally after 2016.

That Chile team was hard working but Vidal and Alexis is what really put them over the top.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That Chile team of 2014-2018 were amazing to watch, great mix of talent and workrate.

Their CF Vargas was one of my favs, elite for his country and pretty much did nothing for his clubs...like my guy David Healy for Northern Ireland, swear that don was unemployed and only turned up during the international breaks 😅

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That Chile team of 2014-2018 were amazing to watch, great mix of talent and workrate.

Their CF Vargas was one of my favs, elite for his country and pretty much did nothing for his clubs...like my guy David Healy for Northern Ireland, swear that don was unemployed and only turned up during the international breaks 😅
Yeah NT Vargas went from unplayable to club Vargas non league standard. Ended up at ****ing Hoffenheim for a minute real weird career.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom