• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
He absolutely didn't. Alexis gave everything for us and went to United a carcass, RVP was a carcass for 80% of his time here and left for United after his first full season. No comparison.

RVP's first six months in that 18 month run were not nearly as good as his last full season. Wenger brought him on every game without fail to build him up and he'd get half decent numbers but his overall play wasn't anywhere near his best. Not surprising we went from challenging for the title to scraping 4th in that time frame.

His last season and Alexis best is much of a muchness. He was very silky on the ball and overall class but a bit wasteful in front of goal, watch a couple of those games back you'll be surprised how many balls he lashed at considering his unreal ability on the ball. Will never forget that piss poor pathetic attempt at a lob over Abbiati, Giroud would've blushed at that level of bottling it. Nevermind the Barcelona game that Milan game was one he could've gotten us into CL quarter finals and he had piss streaming down his legs.

That Arsenal team was also entirely built to feed him, he beefed Ramsey Walcott and Gervinho at times for not delivering the ball to him. Alexis was a bit of a weirdo but RVP was a rat.

A lot of history rewriting and overrating of that Dutch snake going on. RVP could do almost everything with the ball but for a striker he had poor composure, he was a cripple most of his career and his entire prime was basically two seasons. Alexis had more good seasons just with us than that fraud had his entire career, guy didn't even have much of a physical game and left for Turkey at 31 ffs.
I love you man, a post that belongs in the upper echelon of AM.

Respect.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah NT Vargas went from unplayable to club Vargas non league standard. Ended up at ****ing Hoffenheim for a minute real weird career.

Never forget him looking unplayable for like 3 games at QPR as well :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He absolutely didn't. Alexis gave everything for us and went to United a carcass, RVP was a carcass for 80% of his time here and left for United after his first full season. No comparison.

RVP's first six months in that 18 month run were not nearly as good as his last full season. Wenger brought him on every game without fail to build him up and he'd get half decent numbers but his overall play wasn't anywhere near his best. Not surprising we went from challenging for the title to scraping 4th in that time frame.

His last season and Alexis best is much of a muchness. He was very silky on the ball and overall class but a bit wasteful in front of goal, watch a couple of those games back you'll be surprised how many balls he lashed at considering his unreal ability on the ball. Will never forget that piss poor pathetic attempt at a lob over Abbiati, Giroud would've blushed at that level of bottling it. Nevermind the Barcelona game that Milan game was one he could've gotten us into CL quarter finals and he had piss streaming down his legs.

That Arsenal team was also entirely built to feed him, he beefed Ramsey Walcott and Gervinho at times for not delivering the ball to him. Alexis was a bit of a weirdo but RVP was a rat.

A lot of history rewriting and overrating of that Dutch snake going on. RVP could do almost everything with the ball but for a striker he had poor composure, he was a cripple most of his career and his entire prime was basically two seasons. Alexis had more good seasons just with us than that fraud had his entire career, guy didn't even have much of a physical game and left for Turkey at 31 ffs.
Epic rant. I don’t have time for either of them. Just me?

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
RvP was the (clearly) better player in his (short) prime, but Alexis was around T10 in the world for a few seasons too and ofc he had a greater carrer.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No matter it ending badly here, at their best...

tumblr_ncswqt5a2k1tigieto1_500.gif

...the Emirates' GOATs 🥲
Swear to God, Alexis was the only one who looked good in that Puma kit! 😢

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I believe we had Sanchez in his prime. He would grab the game, and make an impact. Don't think he had too many bad games.
Amen to that brother! He was easily our best player for several years. Always ready to take on the opposition and a motor that did just not stop. There was a while where he played more or less non-stop for club and country. What a warrior! Loved the guy! 💯

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If you are actually comparing what RvP was as a player to Alexis then you need help. Alexis was never close to being the best player in the league. RvP was as soon as he could put some health together. No comparison and I say this as someone who loved both when they were here and in fact who counted both as my favorite players when they were here.
Alexis definitely close to the best player in the league, he was at least top 3 his entire time here. I don’t get why some people love to put his Arsenal career down.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I definitely prefer Sanchez to RvP myself. Not even on a who snaked it less vibe, but RvP has cultivated a god like status among Arsenal fans over the years which I don't think was ever correct.

Alexis peak he was winning games on his own and was very explosive and dominant. The only bad thing I could say about him was he came across a bit petulant and rude so I wasn't sad to see him go once he was openly acting a bit funny.

I lean towards him when I think of Emirates goat (between him and Cesc).

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I definitely prefer Sanchez to RvP myself. Not even on a who snaked it less vibe, but RvP has cultivated a god like status among Arsenal fans over the years which I don't think was ever correct.

Alexis peak he was winning games on his own and was very explosive and dominant. The only bad thing I could say about him was he came across a bit petulant and rude so I wasn't sad to see him go once he was openly acting a bit funny.

I lean towards him when I think of Emirates goat (between him and Cesc).
Van Persie for his last season and a half was one of the best players I’ve seen at Arsenal but not like he was clear of Alexis.

Sanchez did it for longer too and won some trophies along the way.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom