• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
51m quid seems a bit steep for him. For that kind of money, surely we'd be able to tempt someone else?

But then again, and in that price bracket, who would be our realistic options?

Lukaku, Lacazette, Fekir? Higuain would cost a bit more, but maybe. PEA would reach 60 in this crazy market.

Mind, these are just names we'll be seeing us linked to at some point or another. I'm not saying these player are our aren't quality, etc.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The media and twitter twa*s are going to be linking us to every striker out there. Its all guess work at this stage. Obviously I'm coming along for the ride, thats what close season is all about! :)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

51M is taking the piss...his scoring record isn't at all that flash - 15 goals in 63 apps for Juve

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

51M is taking the piss...his scoring record isn't at all that flash - 15 goals in 63 apps for Juve

It's shocking for a guy who is reputedly quick, technically good and can dribble and plays for a top club.

remains

Not interested in this guy at all. Not the finished article. Unlikely to take our attack up a gear.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's shocking for a guy who is reputedly quick, technically good and can dribble and plays for a top club.

IMO - At the end of the day strikers are judged on the goals they score - the lad has big talent but it hasn't translated to goals as of yet. 51M is the price you pay for PEA, Griezmann etc

PS - I still can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

IMO - At the end of the day strikers are judged on the goals they score - the lad has big talent but it hasn't translated to goals as of yet. 51M is the price you pay for PEA, Griezmann etc

PS - I still can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not :lol:

I'm agreeing with you :lol: . I'd pay that for those two or a make a cheeky bid for Martial .

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
34 games, 7 goals, playing in a 352 system and dropping deep as a secundary striker, trequartista, playing a free role on the final third.
He is not what we need, we need goals.
so, no.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well with the Euro's in France , Wenger should arrange breakfast with Martial parents.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sounds exactly like the Ox to me. All the tools but it's not working.

I don't watch Morata but I would guess his poor stats might be explained by poor decision making or mentality.

Hyper D

34 games, 7 goals, playing in a 352 system and dropping deep as a secundary striker, trequartista, playing a free role on the final third.
He is not what we need, we need goals.
so, no
Who would you recommend then? Realistically.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sounds exactly like the Ox to me. All the tools but it's not working.

I don't watch Morata but I would guess his poor stats might be explained by poor decision making or mentality.

Striker especially you can't feel sorry for yourself , you may keep missing but you have to keep showing .

Gunners1616

Who would you recommend then? Realistically.

Option 1: Icardi... Proven enough (around 40 goals and 15 assists in Serie A in the last 2 seasons) and a pure striker; no bullsh*t.

Option 2
: Lukaku... Proven enough in the EPL & wants to leave now. For the same price (around 50M or could be less) will score 20ish goals in the league (for sure). No adaptation needed. Yeah he is not top class, not sexy with the ball, not clinical and not word class but still a major upgrade...

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Option 1: Icardi... Proven enough (around 40 goals and 15 assists in Serie A in the last 2 seasons) and a pure striker; no bullsh*t.

Option 2
: Lukaku... Proven enough in the EPL & wants to leave now. For the same price (around 50M or could be less) will score 20ish goals in the league (for sure). No adaptation needed. Yeah he is not top class, not sexy with the ball, not clinical and not word class but still a major upgrade...
Icardi: Not good enough and more worried about the bling bling than his football.
Lukaku: We already have a more than adecuate target man, we need someone different, Lukaku would suffer in our system, his touch is appaling and we dont play for his strenghts. I like him, but he can be our Benteke, we need different.

and btw, we already have a target man that produces 20+goals a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom