• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amaury Bischoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Reeks of a Liverpool-esque signing. The man has hardly kicked a ball for Werder, and now he's supposed to be Arsenal quality? Ok.

Unfortunately, I think Wenger was referring to this guy as our "one more signing".

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

My attempt at being delighted by this signing failed miserably. But he must be half decent else he wouldnt be here

nazo

Established Member
So he's the one 'certain' signing. I guess we have to pray for that 'maybe' signing to happen.

scytheavatar

Established Member
raidersoftheark said:
Reeks of a Liverpool-esque signing. The man has hardly kicked a ball for Werder, and now he's supposed to be Arsenal quality? Ok.

Unfortunately, I think Wenger was referring to this guy as our "one more signing".

Wenger is not an idiot. He wouldn't waste his time and money signing him if he's not an improvement from what we have. At the very least he should do the job as a squad player.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I'm interested to see what this guy is all about. Wenger obviously saw something in him. I would hope that he gets a run in pre-season at some stage.

beepos

scytheavatar said:
raidersoftheark said:

Wenger is not an idiot. He wouldn't waste his time and money signing him if he's not an improvement from what we have. At the very least he should do the job as a squad player.

And remember that a certain Patrick Viera was 20 and languishing in AC Milan's reserves when we bought him. Viera only played 2 games for Milan.

Rohit

Established Member
I don't think Wenger was referring to him as one of the two signings. Like Nasri his signing was completed long back when he himself and his club announced it. Arsenal.com as discreet as they are and rightly so held back the official announcement due to the compensation we were suppossed to pay UEFA. Wenger's interview happened long after the player's admission. He was already an Arsenal player when Wenger said we will certainly be signing one player and may be another.

Rohit

Established Member
Guillermo said:
Hardly the most awe-inspiring of signings. Still, it's another body between Eboue and that right-midfield berth.

That is exactly what i am hoping for. I want to make myself believe that he has been bought to be played on the right wing.

scruzgooner

yay. i think one hair on the back of my neck stood up.

another body for midfield, not a bad thing. hopefully he'll fulfill at least matty's pre-"star" promise, if not more.

stuart

Established Member
oh dear lord if this is our final signing i'll cry myself into the new season. Ok, he's obviously got something for Wenger to want to bring him here but he's 21 and couldn't get a game for Werder bloody Bremen.

So thats that then, our new central midfielder is either going to be remarkably inexperienced...or ****. yaaay

phenn

But you know, deep down, most of the rest of the premiership is just a little nervous as to who the **** this guy is. Because Wenger has the best eye for talent in the league, and everyone knows it.

He could very well turn good.

jay-d

Established Member
stuart said:
oh dear lord if this is our final signing i'll cry myself into the new season. Ok, he's obviously got something for Wenger to want to bring him here but he's 21 and couldn't get a game for Werder bloody Bremen.

So thats that then, our new central midfielder is either going to be remarkably inexperienced...or s**t. yaaay
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom