• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I don't like the fact that Ramsey is still nowhere close signing a new contract when the transfer window ends in less than 3 weeks.

I don't want another Sanchez/Nasri situation.

Unfortunately there has been no serious bid from another club .
If he doesn't sign a new contract by the end of July I hope we're going to sell him as fast as possible to get a proper replacement .

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I haven't seen too much of him but from what I understand he was good at Valencia and has been pretty terrible since.
By many accounts (including his own) alot of it appears to be mental above anything else.

If Barcelona pay £30-40m for someone chances are he has something, I think Real were interested as well, he must have some sort of ability.
We have actually had alot of success with players who went to huge clubs with a big reputation but for whatever reason didn't quite work out, Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Sanchez.
Bergkamp especially has admitted he struggled to cope with the pressure and expectation at Inter, he was a figure of fun in Italy, people forget that.
It took him a long time to score his first goal for us as well but our fans were much more patient.
It sounds obvious but feeling comfortable in your surroundings is such a big factor for players, some just struggle to cope under intense scrutiny.

Another thing is even though he had left Emery will have alot of contacts at Valencia from when Gomes was there, if he is genuinely interested he will know everything about the player, his playing style, temperament, mentality, everything.
Having said all that a loan with an option to buy would still be the ideal situation here, it's obviously still a risk.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don't like the fact that Ramsey is still nowhere close signing a new contract when the transfer window ends in less than 3 weeks.

I don't want another Sanchez/Nasri situation.

Unfortunately there has been no serious bid from another club .
If he doesn't sign a new contract by the end of July I hope we're going to sell him as fast as possible to get a proper replacement .
The ball not really with the club any more after yet another inept contract management.

If you are the player no reason not drag it out till January & have even more negotiating power just like Özil/Alexis/Walcott.

We want him to sign now has to be a monster deal.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The ball not really with the club any more after yet another inept contract management.

If you are the player no reason not drag it out till January & have even more negotiating power just like Özil/Alexis/Walcott.

We want him to sign now has to be a monster deal.

This is really worrying. We're the only club of that size that has so much issues with contract management.

We were in the same situation with RVP, Nasri, Özil, Sanchez, Chamberlain...

African Flair

I know they smoke some funny things down there and that football is swimming in cash these days but they gotta be mad asking for €30M when they got Fabregas for forty.

OSBK

Established Member
From a possesion pov he would be a great asset. Quality on the ball and can play through the lines. His downside is he aint a guy who will deliver 10 goals a season and will go past the striker.

Neny/xhaka/torreria/afro guy/willock/amn/ramsey and poss nonzi then gomes signing doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom