• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
And right now Barca is trying to give him away and only Sp**s are biting, so what does that tell you?

And yeah, I don’t know how much you’ve seen him play but you don’t know wth my friends value so once you make an assumption don’t act like I’m gonna let that go without making one of my own.

So when Arsenal decided to let Wilshere go, that meant he was worthless to everyone? And you don't really know if Sp**s are the only club "biting." Some reports have said that's where the player wants to go because he thinks Pochettino can get the best out of him. Others have linked him to some fairly big clubs in Italy. We really don't know who wants him.

And the only assumption I made about your friends is that they are fans. I actually feel the same way about opinions expressed in this forum. I always take them with a grain of salt. Nobody (me included) should be thought of as any sort of authoritative source. I'm not a scout, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. If your friends were actually scouts, I'm sure you would have mentioned it. So what your friends are expressing are opinions. We all know what they are like. So forgive me if I don't care what your friends think and will wait to see whether or not Sven Mislintat and Unai Emery think he's worth pursuing before I get too excited one way or the other.

Arsenio Venger

So when Arsenal decided to let Wilshere go, that meant he was worthless to everyone? And you don't really know if Sp**s are the only club "biting." Some reports have said that's where the player wants to go because he thinks Pochettino can get the best out of him. Others have linked him to some fairly big clubs in Italy. We really don't know who wants him.

And the only assumption I made about your friends is that they are fans. I actually feel the same way about opinions expressed in this forum. I always take them with a grain of salt. Nobody (me included) should be thought of as any sort of authoritative source. I'm not a scout, nor do I pretend to be one on the internet. If your friends were actually scouts, I'm sure you would have mentioned it. So what your friends are expressing are opinions. We all know what they are like. So forgive me if I don't care what your friends think and will wait to see whether or not Sven Mislintat and Unai Emery think he's worth pursuing before I get too excited one way or the other.

I only mentioned them because they watch Barcelona religiously. I never said they were experts but they are informed. Just because we go after a player doesn’t mean it’s all good. I’ve liked every move Arsenal he made this summer but it doesn’t mean I have to like every move ever. Everyone has opinions, you’re right, and we are allowed to disagree but don’t give me the scout bullshit otherwise no one should discuss anything cause we aren’t scouts.

Why have a forum then?

Song Billong

So what are Gomez's strengths? What does he bring to the table? Forget his torrid Barca days, what was he like when he was playing well in a system that seemingly was getting the best out of him?

Norman666

Getting Renato Sanches is a better deal than André Gomes, probably around the same prices. That's how bad this deal is rn.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would still back Renato to make it at the top level. Bayern was a move way too early & Swansea just a shocking loan.

The kid is Maitland Niles age & a baby for the position. Wonder if a Roma, Seville etc will bite on favourable terms this window.

Really, really irritating player. He has good technique (knows how to treat the ball well) and all, but no passion or desire. Super weak mentality, plays like a *****.

In Portugal national team it was the same like in Barcelona, we completely turn on him. And we are more patience then Barça fans. The way he can't produce anything its infuriating. Looks like we were playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

Someone who hides from the game, it doens't matter how talented he is, it's just useless.

Let Sp**s have him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Google really needs to update their translate app from seduced to attracted.

Believe it or not, the original article did use "sedueix," which is Catalan for "seducir," (Spanish) or "to seduce" (English).

L’Arsenal és la prioritat, però n’hi ha més

No hi ha una pressa excessiva per resoldre el futur del jugador, perquè la Premier League té el mercat obert fins al 9 d’agost. L’Arsenal, que aquesta propera temporada jugarà la prèvia de l’Europa League, és l’opció que més sedueix André Gomes, però no és l’únic equip que s’hi ha interessat.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Believe it or not, the original article did use "sedueix," which is Catalan for "seducir," (Spanish) or "to seduce" (English).
I don't know spanish, but I'm guessing seducir means attracted in spanish, its got a totally different connotation in engilsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom