• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

As a punt I’m not again this, but a punt doesn’t cost 40 million

I am though a bit puzzled by this. I think it’s clear emery wants a physical presence, but their are many better options, especially at the quoted prices

I am hope this is more Barca trying to market a player than anything else, much like how they tried to market Rafinha for so long and before him Pedro.

isop

Him against Real when he was at Valencia:

Speed, dribbling, passing, physicality, intelligence, tenacity; seemed a talent and can understand why he'd get a move to Barca if that was his previous level. Only 24 as well.

I don't like the sound of his mental strength and he's obviously flopped at Barca, but there's a talented player in there somewhere. Needs a change of environment. Maybe worth a punt at €25m, not €40m.

Last edited:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope we're looking for a loan with an option to buy. There is no way that any club is going to meet Barca's asking price for Gomes. If he has a good season with us they'll have a better chance of getting their money.

And if he turns out to be a quality player for us then we'll just buy him next summer.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Price makes more sense, transfer still doesn't unless we have a departure.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good value for money.

He is obviously talented, just couldn't deal with the pressure at Barca. A lot less pressure here, but still a bit of a gamble of course.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
No. Unless its dirt cheap. But would he be better than Xhaka?
Think he’d be more of an upgrade on Elneny... like a much higher upgrade. Don’t see it happening though after Elneny being given a new number and Ornstein saying we’d be done after Torreira and Guendouzi.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think he’d be more of an upgrade on Elneny... like a much higher upgrade. Don’t see it happening though after Elneny being given a new number and Ornstein saying we’d be done after Torreira and Guendouzi.

Rather keep Elneny in all honesty. Him and Gomes are completely different players, seldom do you find a player like Elneny who's willing to be 4th/5th option.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
signing another midfielder won't be happening unless we sell somebody. we have 6 midfielders and that's enough to rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom