• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Sammer said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Yeah, we do. We're well set up top, but when Cesc and/or Hleb are out of the lineup, it feels like we struggle to create chances.

We don't need another central playmaker. We have Rosicky and (and a bit more defensive orientated) Denilson.

In your logic you'd have to have 5 covers for each position...doesn't make any sense at all.

We need to strengthen the positions with more fragile cover -such as RM or even LM.

How many times has Wenger bought an attacking mid and played him wide? All the time. As I said above, we need another creative midfielder.

Glovegun

Established Member
It depends on how he views certain players.

Take Hleb and Rosicky as our first-choice wingers, everyone agreed on that?

Right, then a list of guys who can play out wide if need be:

Eboue - massive question marks over him
Diaby - same as Eboue. cant seem to find his position.
Walcott - progressing painfully slowly. May well end up as a striker anyway.
Randall - young, and more of a central player.
Traore - Wenger obviously sees him as a LB.
Eduardo - has been used wide left but much more of a penalty-box player.
Denilson - could do a job if pushed I assume, bit slow though.
Gibbs - could be a great left-winger, but again still young.
Lansbury - would prefer to be central you have to feel.
Vela - young, right position?

So, depending on what view you take, we could have any number of wingers from 2 to 12. Personally, I see Eboue, Diaby and Walcott as nothing more than stopgaps. Theo should be a striker in the forecoming years, and I reckon Diaby and Eboue will struggle to impose themselves. Gibbs and Vela could bring something to the table, but both are young.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No disrepect to the poster, but I'd rather Wenger spend a few quids more in snatching players from Europe-less Valencia. Silva will be on the top of my list.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Well, if Cesc is out or a Rosicky or Hleb then we could use a playmaker. we lack that a little bit if one of them are out.

Christofaux

To have Hleb Rosicky and Arshavin all fit and fighting for left and right in our 4-4-2 and the '5' when we play the 4-5-1 formation would be ideal.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Ok, so here's the poll of the day. If you can only sign 1 player from this list in this transfer window, which is it

Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Nasri
Gourcuff
Ayew

nazo

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Ok, so here's the poll of the day. If you can only sign 1 player from this list in this transfer window, which is it

Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Nasri
Gourcuff
Ayew

*looks to find a proper winger who isn't an amc originally*
Ben Arfa

Jameel46

Established Member
bluenaz said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Nasri
Gourcuff
Ayew

Ben Arfa

yes, but in tems of talent, Nasri would be the one hands down

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
bluenaz said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Nasri
Gourcuff
Ayew

Ben Arfa

yes, but in tems of talent, Nasri would be the one hands down

Not sure how you'd even begin to quantify that.

Jaded

From FC Zenit official site:

In 1999-2000 Andrey played for FC Zenit reserve team. He made his debut for the first squad in the Intertoto Cup away game against Bradford, which FC Zenit won 3:0. In his first game in the starting eleven Andrey justified the hopes of the head coach of that time Yuiy Morozov.

Andrey started as a right midfielder, his duet with Aleksandr Kerzhakov became well known in Russian Championship, especially in seasons 2001, 2003 as FC Zenit won medals.

He says that his hobby is creating goals for the team and it doesn’t matter whether he scores himself or assists someone.

It was Petrjela who decided that Arshavin should play at the edge of the attack in the middle of 2003, and Andrey scored two goals in his debut match as a forward against FC Uralan. This new role seemed to inspire Andrey and up to now Arshavin managed to score 58 goals (he celebrated his first goal in the match against Fakel (Voronezh) and his 50th goal in the home match against Luch-Energia).

He is originally a winger. I haven't see much of him, but anyone who can play on the wing is a must IMO.

nazo

Established Member
I thought we already signed that defender. Oh well, and he said he likes Arshavin, that keeps some hope for whoever wants him here.

nidza7

Established Member
for as I know Arsène never disliked any player linked with us.

...when asked about possible transfer though.

longrufus

Established Member
Good performance indeed, but i wouldnt get too carried away, it was Rangers after all.

Most important for me was the fact that he only made an impact to the game once he started playing a more central role. In the first half when used out wide he wasnt really as effective. Considering we would only use him as a wide player im not sure how big an impact he would make.

Hleb replacement? Considering Zenit are a wealthy club he isnt going on the cheap, and if we're spending over £10m we may as well go for Nasri who is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom