• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze80

Established Member
he looked the business, though how bad were rangers? they looked about as good as bolton - i think theyd struggle just to stay up if they played in the premiership.

banduan

Established Member
No competition on that list. Arshavin is a well-established talent, the rest are still just potential.

But we won't get him. His price will have skyrocketed after the Rangers demo job.

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
He was certainly outstanding today, but to me, he does really look more like a central playmaker than someone we should turn to to make ground up the flanks.

Brilliant performance today though, but not sure he's a Hleb replacement.

He played as a left forward for much of the match (Zenit played 4-3-3), and he has played on both wings and behind the striker in the Russian league. I see no difference with Hleb, they both start out wide but come inside. The difference is that Arshavin actually uses his pace and is deadly on the counter attack, which makes him useful without the ball as well. Oh yeah, he shoots too.

I've watched this guy for a long time and I was waiting to see what he could do on the big stage before posting in here. He has been the best player in Russia for some time now, but now it's clear that he's more than that.

Soler

Established Member
makaveli tha don said:
ture..but he doesn't score enough goals for a striker of his class in a league like that...no thanks

He was often played behind the main #9 though, like Kerzhakov before he left.

If we sold Hleb and brought in Arshavin I wouldn't be exactly upset. Arshavin's fantastic.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
UEFA Cup final was the first time I got a real glimpse of Arshavin. He looked quite sharp, and definitely has the aura of a Wenger player. Wouldn't mind at all if we tooka punt on him. At least we know he wouldn't bottle it Englands winter...

JazzG

Established Member
He might find it too warm here ;)

So how much would this guy actually cost us? If we are talking £15mill then we won't go for him and Ben Arfa, it will be one of the other.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
He'll cost a fortune & it wouldn't suprise me at all if he already makes far more money than any of our players (think he's the best paid player in Russia). Zenit/Gazprom are billionaires. The players got 450k euro each (300+k pounds) for winning the final yesterday.

-Shaun-

From what I saw in the Uefa Cup Final, he is a great player. Of course, I have only seen him once, I had never heard of him before that game, but blimey he does look good. He was a constant threat down that wing and Rangers really struggled to deal with him. He has good movement off the ball as well, which I noticed throughout the game, and his passing was simply brilliant. Especially the one to set up Denisov for the first goal, through the legs of Cuellar.

Looks like an Arsenal player to me, but doubt we'll get him.

Lancelot

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
He'll cost a fortune & it wouldn't suprise me at all if he already makes far more money than any of our players (think he's the best paid player in Russia). Zenit/Gazprom are billionaires. The players got 450k euro each (300+k pounds) for winning the final yesterday.
Talk about Chelski's league, CO.

I guess we can just forget about his signature really.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gazza Martinez said:
UEFA Cup final was the first time I got a real glimpse of Arshavin. He looked quite sharp, and definitely has the aura of a Wenger player. Wouldn't mind at all if we tooka punt on him. At least we know he wouldn't bottle it Englands winter...
Go to youtube and type Arshavin, watch at least 4 videos and you will be amazed with his shooting ability, playmaking, and goalscoring. Perfect

Lord Dula

Established Member
I love these little pacy versatile playmaker type things. If I 'ad me way we'd lined up like this.

---------------------------Almunia

Sagna-----------Triple H------Gallas------------Clichy

----------------Fabregas----------Denilson

--------Ben Arfa-----------Hleb-------------Arshavin

---------------------------Ade

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Lord Dula said:
I love these little pacy versatile playmaker type things. If I 'ad me way we'd lined up like this.

Why not Undertaker? :lol: at the back

Lord Dula

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Lord Dula said:

Why not Undertaker? :lol: at the back

He's not so composed on the ball ;)

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Gazza Martinez said:
Go to youtube and type Arshavin, watch at least 4 videos and you will be amazed with his shooting ability, playmaking, and goalscoring. Perfect

I did that when he was first linked with us, but I always wait to see a player in a couple of full matches before I form something of an opinion. He showed his quality in a big game, which is a big tick, but as people have mentioned, the russian league is cash rich at the moment, so if we really want to sign him we have to hope he admires Wenger and the football we play a hell of a lot, because he certainly won't come to us for monetary reasons.

Lord Dula said:
Lord Dula wrote:

Thats ridiculous... it should be the big show

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Gazza Martinez said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Gazza Martinez said:

I did that when he was first linked with us, but I always wait to see a player in a couple of full matches before I form something of an opinion. He showed his quality in a big game, which is a big tick, but as people have mentioned, the russian league is cash rich at the moment, so if we really want to sign him we have to hope he admires Wenger and the football we play a hell of a lot, because he certainly won't come to us for monetary reasons.

Lord Dula said:
Lord Dula wrote:

Great Khali anyone?

:lol:

Lord Dula

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Gazza Martinez said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Gazza Martinez said:

Lord Dula said:
Lord Dula wrote:

Great Khali anyone?

:lol:

Now you're talkin.

All we need is to bring him in and get investment from Ted Debiose and we'll be sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom