• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That last line is a MUST.. Tierney, Balogun, Lokonga, Tavares, Holding, ESR/Vieira, Partey, Xhaka, etc should make 130m minimum
I like how you went from saying Stan and Josh would do nothing to becoming a Stan stan. Xhaka level redemption arc for you and in less than 24 hours as well.

Well Done Reaction GIF

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine when the club annoucing Kai Havertz, Jurren Timber, Declan Rice joining in front of camera, that would be 210M spending in the early stage of one single transfer window. 210M is almost half of the building cost of Emirates stadium 20 years ago, if I’m not mistaken. Scary inflation.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We need to be proactive with selling the likes of Lokonga, Cedric and others during the rest of the window. Partey and Xhaka too should command decent fees.

ptrcopp

I read somewhere recently about the cut off for FFP being 30th June so think there has been a conscious effort to get one over the line before that date.

But as fans we must remember we also don’t know how these things are paid. we already know many transfers happen over years of instalments, which may suit Chelsea to get a player of their book. We don’t know the ins and out of transfer pay and we also know what a farce FFP so I’m sure they can work around it

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like enjoying my football and by and large I'm enjoying it. Let someone else worry about FFP and the economics of it. It's worked well by and large for City, PSG, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid and a host of other teams. Why should we as fans become concerned with spreadsheets and money laundering.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine when the club annoucing Kai Havertz, Jurren Timber, Declan Rice joining in front of camera, that would be 210M spending in the early stage of one single transfer window. 210M is almost half of the building cost of Emirates stadium 20 years ago, if I’m not mistaken. Scary inflation.

There use to be an old rumour that we had 100M in reserves in case things ever got pleak, like dropping out of the CL. Could've bought 3-4 world class players back then. Now it doesn't even cover Rice.

blaze_of_glory

Groceries are so expensive here now that we have started getting ours at Walmart. Then Arsenal go nuts in the transfer market.. hmmm

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like enjoying my football and by and large I'm enjoying it. Let someone else worry about FFP and the economics of it. It's worked well by and large for City, PSG, Chelsea, Barcelona, Madrid and a host of other teams. Why should we as fans become concerned with spreadsheets and money laundering.
I'm a fan but I enjoy the financial side and academy developments/scouting for talents more than what happens on the pitch. I properly enjoyed all those years of profits and the young squads of Wenger.

This game of who wastes more oil money (or whatever the source is) and fans cheering for 100M transfers ain't for everyone

blaze_of_glory

That's what happens when you have a massive increase in minimum wage
That's what happens when corporations raise prices well beyond increases in their own overhead costs, as every study is now showing has happened, especially in the grocery sector. Record profit margins have nothing to do with minimum wage.

I"m not going to engage on this further by the way. Facts are facts.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That's what happens when corporations raise prices well beyond increases in their own overhead costs, as every study is now showing has happened, especially in the grocery sector. Record profit margins have nothing to do with minimum wage.

I"m not going to engage on this further by the way. Facts are facts.

I'm sorry blaze but this is just completely incorrect and a narrative spun by politicians and central bankers to mask their own policy failures.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon (always). It has nothing to do with corporations raising costs.

This. Even if we fail with ffp we can drag it out for next 20 years like City will.

It only seems like Juventus cant get around things.

blaze_of_glory

I'm sorry blaze but this is just completely incorrect and a narrative spun by politicians and central bankers to mask their own policy failures.

Inflation is a monetary phenomenon (always). It has nothing to do with corporations raising costs.
Corporations have used inflation as a cover to raise prices further than necessary, making the situation worse . Its very clear, its the only explanation for increased profits margins.

Eg.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom