• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Corporations have used inflation as a cover to raise prices further than necessary, making the situation worse . Its very clear, its the only explanation for increased profits margins.

Eg.

Many things can impact profit and gross margins, chiefly sales mix. In Canada, many of the large grocers also own other retail brands eg, Loblaw owning Shoppers Drugmart - with the infusion of additional disposable income from stimulus, people have had money to buy lots of stuff which in turn have been higher margin products. There's zero evidence that margins have increased due to "corporate greed".

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Many things can impact profit and gross margins, chiefly sales mix. In Canada, many of the large grocers also own other retail brands eg, Loblaw owning Shoppers Drugmart - with the infusion of additional disposable income from stimulus, people have had money to buy lots of stuff which in turn have been higher margin products. There's zero evidence that margins have increased due to "corporate greed".
As long as those margins are properly taxed, and re-funneled into a comprehensive education and health system.

It is ridiculous to see workplaces in the US with chairs marked "not for employees". I can't believe some countries create workplaces like that. I doubt it is even efficient from a purely profit outlook either.

Goonger

No idea. I thought the whole lot-shirt snd stadium-ended in 2028. If it wasn't costly and there was a better deal to be done, I'd be looking at early termination. We can certainly do better especially if we start winning

The kit deal part of the Emirates deal ends in 24-25. The naming rights for the stadium ends in 2028.

It's estimated we make about £40m a year from the current Emirates deal, which includes front of shirt, naming rights, training kit and branding rights for Emirates Cup.

Man City earn £67.5m a year from Ethihad for naming rights and front of shirt alone, plus £20m a year from OKX for training range sponsorship.

The stadium naming rights portion is actually only estimated to be worth £4M per season. Sp**s are trying to get £25M per season for their stadium as a comparison.

The commercial side is a side we really lack in, compared to our rivals. Our last accounts showed we had £167m.

Man City - £373m, Utd - £309, Liverpool - £275,
Sp**s £215, Chelsea - £207.

That's pretty shocking to be have left behind so much, and we really need a few years of at the very least Champions League football with a focus on driving commercial revenues in the back of being on an upward curve.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The kit deal part of the Emirates deal ends in 24-25. The naming rights for the stadium ends in 2028.

It's estimated we make about £40m a year from the current Emirates deal, which includes front of shirt, naming rights, training kit and branding rights for Emirates Cup.

Man City earn £67.5m a year from Ethihad for naming rights and front of shirt alone, plus £20m a year from OKX for training range sponsorship.

The stadium naming rights portion is actually only estimated to be worth £4M per season. Sp**s are trying to get £25M per season for their stadium as a comparison.

The commercial side is a side we really lack in, compared to our rivals. Our last accounts showed we had £167m.

That's pretty shocking to be have left behind so much, and we really need a few years of at the very least Champions League football with a focus on driving commercial revenues in the back of being on an upward curve.
We've been rubbish on the commercial side for years. It isn't anything new, sadly. Surely, there is a potential for increased revenue there.

Goonger

We've been rubbish on the commercial side for years. It isn't anything new, sadly. Surely, there is a potential for increased revenue there.

Our Adidas deal I think is good in comparison to our peers, think the new deal is worth £75m per season which puts us up there with Its as 1 of the best. Our Emirates deal is really undersold as mentioned above, and I assume there's loads of secondary sponsorships we are lagging behind on as well.

baccy_man

Established Member
I just saw this BS on sky sports

Arsenal plot audacious Mbappe bid​

Arsenal are considering a sensational move for Kylian Mbappe when his Paris Saint-Germain contract expires next summer, according to footballtransfers.
The 24-year old forward is admired by the Premier League club, who are considering whether or not to send an offer to the Frenchman’s representatives.
Mbappe’s contract is up at the Parc des Princes in 2024, meaning that PSG may have to sell him this window or risk losing him on a free transfer.
This one players would create havoc with our finances for years to come, It looks like there are some desperate journo's out there.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off

Wal Mart will be our next kit sponsor

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Thanks for this info. I thought the whole sponsorship had been tied up together. I really hope we can emulate Utd on the commercial front. I think we've probably lost £300m if Sky is right and a club earns £50m for getting CL. We've a lot to do commercially and a great chance to do so whilst we're in good form. Over to Vinai

UltrasID

Can someone explain how it's possible that Arsenal can spend so much money every year on transfers?

Is that Kroenke's money or is it from regular income or is it borrowing money?

Arsenal don't have money from Europe if we compare it with other clubs. Also Arsenal don't have biggest income from match day.

In last 3-4 years Arsenal spent so much money on transfers, salaries and cancellations of contracts.

What's the trick?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can someone explain how it's possible that Arsenal can spend so much money every year on transfers?

Is that Kroenke's money or is it from regular income or is it borrowing money?

Arsenal don't have money from Europe if we compare it with other clubs. Also Arsenal don't have biggest income from match day.

In last 3-4 years Arsenal spent so much money on transfers, salaries and cancellations of contracts.

What's the trick?

Thankfully tifo football answered this just over an hour ago.

UltrasID

It doesn't convince me.

Arsenal paid big money for cancellations of contracts and new contracts of many players.

Other clubs also have money that Arsenal have and will get from CL, TV and match day revenues.

Also salaries are going up and this year Arsenal will be at least third-fourth biggest salary spenders.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom