• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Part of the reason that La Liga has such a spending disparity is that if I'm not mistaken, their TV money is not distributed in anywhere near as equitable a fashion as the Premier League money. Essentially the reason that a low table PL team can comfortably outspend a mid table La Liga team is because Barca and Madrid cannibalize a much smaller revenue stream and the rest after Atleti really get scraps whereas the top 6 clubs are getting a smaller portion of a bigger pie relative to the rest of the Premier League.
Not saying what Barcelona and Madrid are doing is fair or right but if there was equitable TV revenue sharing in Spain they'd have CL winners making like a third domestically of what relegation battlers in England get. The difference is staggering.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Part of the reason that La Liga has such a spending disparity is that if I'm not mistaken, their TV money is not distributed in anywhere near as equitable a fashion as the Premier League money. Essentially the reason that a low table PL team can comfortably outspend a mid table La Liga team is because Barca and Madrid cannibalize a much smaller revenue stream and the rest after Atleti really get scraps whereas the top 6 clubs are getting a smaller portion of a bigger pie relative to the rest of the Premier League.

This essentially has a snowball effect which allows the Premier League to field 20 clubs capable of making big signings, improving parity and thus creating a much more competitive and unpredictable league which of course leads to more popularity, more revenue and the cycle continues. Really, the Premier League has blown the other leagues away by being much smarter about the way they reinvest their revenue and that has really fueled their exponential growth relative to their competitors.

If you also look at the "smaller" teams in the PL. You can't bully them financially because of what you said. But i think theres a pride element too. How many times do Real or Barca sign someone from Betis or Celta for big money. It never happens. 20m here or there. The little teams get bent over.

Here if you want a Ben White or a Rice you're paying big money and those teams can then invest and usually find some decent replacements. Look at Caicedo. If he's playing in Seville, Real are getting him for 30m max. We had 75m rejected lol. Madness.

As I said before the PL has at least 15-20 big matches a year. Matches that would interest most football fans. However no other league has that.

Even look at fan support. We are arguably the 3rd biggest team in England. Look at how many different nationalities we have here every day talking about Arsenal.

Go to an Atletico Madrid forum I doubt their are too many international fans.

The PL is the best league in the world by a country mile and its only going one way.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Not saying what Barcelona and Madrid are doing is fair or right but if there was equitable TV revenue sharing in Spain they'd have CL winners making like a third domestically of what relegation battlers in England get. The difference is staggering.
Understand but it's a chicken egg problem. A longer term view could be they need to make the competition more equitable so that a smaller share of something within the ball park of the PL is far greater than a large proportion of what la liga gets now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also manutd is such funny club all that Glazers out and they ahead of man city in terms of spending and paying thier players

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Our wages have significantly decreased in recent years. We had quite a bloated payroll with Auba, Laca and Özil on crazy wages amongst others. Have really trimmed the squad now so should be in good health.

Buhry

Established Member

Also manutd is such funny club all that Glazers out and they ahead of man city in terms of spending and paying thier players

fans constantly complaining that glazers are bleeding them dry yet the have 100's of millions to blow on dross like pogba, sancho, lukaku, antony etc?? the list goes on

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool experiencing something very predictable right now. When you have all these players who seem to hit their peak at the same time and are in their late 20’s / early 30’s, unless you are very brave or cut throat and let go of some of these guys you’re gonna have big issues with wages and also not gonna get any big transfer fees for them to reinvest into their squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Liverpool experiencing something very predictable right now. When you have all these players who seem to hit their peak at the same time and are in their late 20’s / early 30’s, unless you are very brave or cut throat and let go of some of these guys you’re gonna have big issues with wages and also not gonna get any big transfer fees for them to reinvest into their squad.
That's definitely gonna be something teams will learn from, you can see what Chelsea and Arsenal are doing now.

I would expect contracts for 28+ years old players will go down and top contracts will shift to players from 20-25y with the exception of some senior guys who bring a lot of marketing value to the club.

We also learned it the hard way with massive contracts for Özil and Auba and then you end up with those players just sitting there and taking the money out of the club with no motivation left

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our wages are low now because we’ve been out of CL for so long. Presuming the club carries on its current trajectory we’ll have to give out higher wages to keep our stars and in a few years time the wage bill will probably be closer to 300m.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Interesting. Makes sense that revenues have been falling since we dropped out of CL but interesting that transfer spending has basically been increasing at the same rate.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Spuds revenue is quite remarkable too, obviously partly cos they’ve been in CL but I imagine new stadium is massive boost too. All their silly gimmicks like go-kart track sound dumb but probably pretty lucrative.

Wonder how Arsenal will seek to add and diversify revenue

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The comparison vs 2017 is pointless as it's in nominal terms. What we've seen is a huge inflation effect on transfers and wages since then so in real terms the % change vs 2017 won't be near as stark.

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our wages are low now because we’ve been out of CL for so long. Presuming the club carries on its current trajectory we’ll have to give out higher wages to keep our stars and in a few years time the wage bill will probably be closer to 300m.

Isn't the fact that we have one of the youngest squads in the league the primary driver?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Curious lads, are we in danger of breaching FFP if we sign Rice, Havertz and Timber before selling anyone ?
That’s because net spending on players, which is the club’s investment from it’s own pocket rather than using sales, has been going through the roof since 2019. Inflation has only been a world factor in the last few months, but these last 4 years have seen a much greater investment in players than Arsenal put in for the whole of Wenger’s 22 years.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Curious lads, are we in danger of breaching FFP if we sign Rice, Havertz and Timber before selling anyone ?

There's an article in The Athletic (I don't have a subscription) which states that we've got a decent space to sign all the above players and not be in trouble with FFP. Then there's the fact that we're almost certain to get decent fees coming in for sold players this summer.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
There's an article in The Athletic (I don't have a subscription) which states that we've got a decent space to sign all the above players and not be in trouble with FFP. Then there's the fact that we're almost certain to get decent fees coming in for sold players this summer.
That last line is a MUST.. Tierney, Balogun, Lokonga, Tavares, Holding, ESR/Vieira, Partey, Xhaka, etc should make 130m minimum

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom