• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WakeupCall

Why do fans always want to engage in a bigger Willie contest? Nobody said Sp**s were as big a club as Arsenal. But to call them a "small club" is ridiculous. Also, Twitter followers? Really?

Just means Arsenal Fans can use mordern technologies such as pcs and handys while the less said about the spuds the better.

As for tomorrow, i have a good feelign even though im scared it will paper over the cracks.

Our biggest problem is we NEVER EVER put pressure on the oppenents. OK sometimes for a period of 10-15 minutes especially in the beginning and guess what? We dominate mostly than...
Im still baffled we still cant press effectively and still allow shots just around the box, i mean come on... i love wenger as a human but he lost his mind if he thinks our midfield can compete let alone win the leauge.
Xhaka and ramsey are both specialized players and cant control a match, i like both but with neither you can build a very dominant and fluid midfield. Hopefully Wenger isnt insane and he sees something...
Whats happend with him, even though we havnt won something in the banter years, i preferred to watch ath technical and fast passing style. Nowaays we just capituale and hope to create good chances but thats a risky model.
We are such a mess right now in miedfieldand here we are transfer window and we arent even linked to a central midfielder. Fix it ffs

Why is it we give lottery tickets to non footballers like elnenny and coqulein. Just because they are hard working?

Yeah it wasnt a good pre season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're missing the point. It's not a matter of feeling sorry for Charlton Athletic or their fans. It's understanding that Arsenal is still one of the top clubs, but that this fact doesn't entitle either the club or its fans to anything. All teams have bad results. Even Chelsea had some bad results last season. City had roughly as many as Arsenal. One little thing somewhere along the way might have reversed the position in the table.

As an Arsenal fan, you have it pretty damned good. The sky isn't falling. Leeds United was one of the biggest clubs in England not all that long ago. Where are they now? Nottingham Forest won back-to-back European Cups. When was the last time you saw them in the Premier League? If Arsenal goes the way of those clubs, then you'll have something to ***** about and a reason to feel sorry for yourself. But right now your club is in the top 5 among hundreds. That's not so terrible.

I'm really not missing your point, I get what you're saying. It's like when I'm having a bad day and someone says you can't be sad there's starving kids all over the world or something. And again I say it's all relative, I'm allowed to be mad at Arsenal for crap results without having to think about Leeds or Nottingham. Arsenal have always been a top 5 club too, we have different standards from the other 86 clubs below us.

I'm an Arsenal fan, I see the same failings and Arsène insisting on continuing with the same players that have failed him many times. When we have a run of ****ty results do I always have to put it in perspective? I don't even expect Arsenal to win the league I just want to see improvements in our league performances which I haven't in years. I don't care if City or Chelsea have had bad results, I actually hope they have lots more and fail miserably.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Maychday!

DGhxcXQXgAAxwj6.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No FA Cup winner has ever gone on to beat the same opponent in the Community Shield.

History is against us.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

But Alexis Sanchez has won all 6 of his matches at Wembley with Arsenal and Chile.

History is with us, if he plays.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Chelsea had only won the league once in a hundred years before an oligarch poured money into the club.

Since then they've won it 5 times in 12 years.

@BobP says, 'Squad cost is boll*cks.' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Plutarch

Why do fans always want to engage in a bigger Willie contest? Nobody said Sp**s were as big a club as Arsenal. But to call them a "small club" is ridiculous. Also, Twitter followers? Really?
Because we do. It's part of being a fan. Pointing out that Sp**s are a smaller club than Arsenal is not a strange pursuit: I've been doing it for about thirty years. Interest in the size of your club compared to others is a legitimate and normal part of being a football fan.

And yes, Twitter followers. Like it or not it's a good indication of worldwide support. Compared to Arsenal's 10.7 M and Sp**s 2.16 M, Real Madrid have 24.8 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom