• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I love how people on here think Sp**s finishing second is some kind of achievement and brilliant league performance from them but when we do it that is not good enough.

Just one of the thing that is happening with Arsenal fans in last 2-3 years. Liking Sp**s more than their own team. Disgusting.
Seriously the love fest for the **** in this place is just sickening.

Sp**s have crafted a highly effective starting eleven, the back five is highly impressive even without walker, alderweireld is highly impressive. Dier is good and effective anchor man. Sp**s only problem is recent poor and ineffective signings such as Janssen and Sissoko, they have a lack of squad depth.

Sp**s have crafted a highly effective starting eleven, the back five is highly impressive even without walker, alderweireld is highly impressive. Dier is good and effective anchor man. Sp**s only problem is recent poor and ineffective signings such as Janssen and Sissoko, they have a lack of squad depth.

Okay that is nice way to say they are trash.

Ewarwoowar

Squad cost is not an effective argument in my book, what we should be looking at is squad worth. Up until say recent seasons arsenal were laying in the bottom half of the table in net spend for a significant period of years whilst the other of the top 6 sides were spending a lot of money by the standards of pre hyper inflation. Our misfortune is just as We do seem to have a little spare cash it just so happens to fall in line with the period of this hyper inflation, which would ultimately see us not get any where near as much for our money as those sides whom built predominantly most of their team before hyper inflation.:p

"Don't worry bro. We got this. We win at Wembley!" #WeAreTheArsenal7

20597474_960285747446805_5439472259950485157_n.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squad cost is not an effective argument in my book, what we should be looking at is squad worth. Up until say recent seasons arsenal were laying in the bottom half of the table in net spend for a significant period of years whilst the other of the top 6 sides were spending a lot of money by the standards of pre hyper inflation. Our misfortune is just as We do seem to have a little spare cash it just so happens to fall in line with the period of this hyper inflation, which would ultimately see us not get any where near as much for our money as those sides whom built predominantly most of their team before hyper inflation.:p
Good point. Now that countries are starting to own clubs it's going to get worse.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yet there are 87 clubs in the FA alone and literally hundreds of non-league clubs across England who would gladly switch spots with Arsenal in this past season's league table (compared to 4 who wouldn't). To the fans of most of those clubs, Arsenal fans must seem like a bunch of whiney little self-entitled babies. Winning the league isn't a birthright. Nor is finishing in the top 4 (despite how Arsenal's amazing run under Wenger might have made it seem so).

Accomplishing those things has become increasingly difficult in recent years as sugar daddy owners have lifted a couple of clubs far past their historical place. Competition at the top is fierce. Somebody really good is going to lose out every year when you have a "Big 6" that you're trying to fit into 4 spots. Arsenal finished 5th last season with 75 points. In no other season in Premier League history would that not have been enough to make the top 4 and in many years it would have easily attained 2nd place. It was a higher point total than their runner-up finish the previous season. Yet to hear some of the moaning and groaning you'd think Arsenal had barely survived relegation.
In other words we were 5th out of 92.

Believe I said something similar once and @Jury made his mission to lampoon it as often as humanly possible. As if to say, 'We're Arsenal, it's absurd to think that we should be anything other than 1st out of 20.'

I've never subscribed to that. Ambition is one thing but realistic ambition is a whole other ball game. A lot has changed since 2005.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've felt this same way for a while but didn't want to come across as super negative because i'm new here. But damn I don't know whats happened to Arséne's eye for talent. The banter years had a better starting 11 than this.
It's a forum mate, post what you feel, if it's negative then people will just have to suck it up.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Believe I said something similar once and @Jury made his mission to lampoon it as often as humanly possible. As if to say, 'We're Arsenal, it's absurd to think that we should be anything other than 1st out of 20.'
It wasn't that at all! If you'd have said '2nd of 20', it wouldn't have been anywhere near as funny. The '2nd of 92' was ridiculed because about 87 of those 92 clubs don't even have a shot! 'Realistic ambition', you say? :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member
I love how people on here think Sp**s finishing second is some kind of achievement and brilliant league performance from them but when we do it that is not good enough.

Just one of the thing that is happening with Arsenal fans in last 2-3 years. Liking Sp**s more than their own team. Disgusting.

Sp**s is a small club, we are a big club, if you want us to be held to the same standard as them then wake the freak up. Is being better than Sp**s really something to be proud of?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
In other words we were 5th out of 92.

I've never subscribed to that. Ambition is one thing but realistic ambition is a whole other ball game. A lot has changed since 2005.

The problem with that thinking, of course, is that United fans can say "We're Manchester United...," Liverpool fans can say "We're Liverpool...," etc. They can't all be right and since nobody wins it every season they're actually all wrong. It's exactly the sort of self-entitled thinking you were talking about. It's just too crowded at the top for anybody to be assured of anything. Sp**s joined the club the past couple of seasons to make it 6 and now that Everton has some money they might just make it 7 before too long. It's increasingly tricky navigation. Even being a sugar daddy club isn't a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom