• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger has some guts if he leaves out the big guns. There are no friendlies for him from now on.

And there's is no hiding place. So strap on your amour Wenger. There's a big bunch fans who have got it in for you just waiting to release their aggression and shout 'I told you so'.

In the days when 3trophies and a runner up in 4 years are considered ****, you know that self entitlement fuelled by social media has reached new heights.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
In the days when 3trophies and a runner up in 4 years are considered ****, you know that self entitlement fuelled by social media has reached new heights.

Mate, you're being disingenuous. Being runners up to Leicester just because Sp**s **** the bed means nothing and winning the FA Cup has nothing to do with our league performances over the last few years. Let's not blame self-entitlement for the criticism at Wenger because a lot of it is justified. We lost 9 games in the league last season ffs!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Mate, you're being disingenuous. Being runners up to Leicester just because Sp**s **** the bed means nothing and winning the FA Cup has nothing to do with our league performances over the last few years. Let's not blame self-entitlement for the criticism at Wenger because a lot of it is justified. We lost 9 games in the league last season ffs!
We're on a similar level to Sp**s and Liverpool in as much as we can't outspend the big three.

What have they won in the last 4 years?

BigPoppaPump

We're on a similar level to Sp**s and Liverpool in as much as we can't outspend the big three.

What have they won in the last 4 years?

I don't really care about Sp**s and Liverpool tbh, what they win isn't relevant to the fact that we lost 9 games in the league last season and couldn't even beat Leicester to the title the season before.

Plus Man United are on our level too regardless of how much they've spent, we've finished above them every season since Fergie left. And they've spent the most.

The FA cup is like 6 games a season, we can't really come to any conclusions from that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't really care about Sp**s and Liverpool tbh, what they win isn't relevant to the fact that we lost 9 games in the league last season and couldn't even beat Leicester to the title the season before.

Plus Man United are on our level too regardless of how much they've spent, we've finished above them every season since Fergie left. And they've spent the most.

The FA cup is like 6 games a season, we can't really come to any conclusions from that.
Yeah, we lost 5 games on the trot when our midfield fell apart. We all know why that is.

But like Wenger, even on AM there are posters still putting their faith in Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere whose bodies have let us down for years.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Özil, Gabriel and Ramsey have injury concerns. Mustafi, Holding and Chambers are short of fitness as is Alexis and Wilshere. Coquelin is also coming back from injury. Absolutely no need to do fitness tests and risk people when a weeks additional training and rest would see them fully fit for the start of the season.

------------------------Cech---------------------
------Holding-----Mert--------Koscielny
Ox----------Elneny-----Xhaka------Monreal
---------Walcott------------------Welbeck
-----------------------Giroud

That would be my team if you are talking about putting out a fully fit side in the view to our first match and not showing our hand.
Depressing front three :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Yet there are 87 clubs in the FA alone and literally hundreds of non-league clubs across England who would gladly switch spots with Arsenal in this past season's league table (compared to 4 who wouldn't). To the fans of most of those clubs, Arsenal fans must seem like a bunch of whiney little self-entitled babies. Winning the league isn't a birthright. Nor is finishing in the top 4 (despite how Arsenal's amazing run under Wenger might have made it seem so).

Accomplishing those things has become increasingly difficult in recent years as sugar daddy owners have lifted a couple of clubs far past their historical place. Competition at the top is fierce. Somebody really good is going to lose out every year when you have a "Big 6" that you're trying to fit into 4 spots. Arsenal finished 5th last season with 75 points. In no other season in Premier League history would that not have been enough to make the top 4 and in many years it would have easily attained 2nd place. It was a higher point total than their runner-up finish the previous season. Yet to hear some of the moaning and groaning you'd think Arsenal had barely survived relegation.

BigPoppaPump

Yeah, we lost 5 games on the trot when our midfield fell apart. We all know why that is.

But like Wenger, even on AM there are posters still putting their faith in Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere whose bodies have let us down for years.

I agree with you on there. Same people who hate on Wenger are the same ones who love the players that are letting him down. I always said we need to give up on these British players and go back to filling up our team with foreigners. We even bought Xhaka for the sole purpose of getting the best out of Ramsey! Then we have Coq and El Neney who are there because they have no chance of benching Ramsey.

Our midfield is basically players who are back up for Ramsey or there to support him.

Yet there are 87 clubs in the FA alone and literally hundreds of non-league clubs across England who would gladly switch spots with Arsenal

I don't care about that. You do understand it's all relative right?

Can't see anything but a fairly comprehensive Chelsea win, say 2-0. three good signings from Chelsea, and they seem a more cohesive and tactically apt team, good combination of creativity and steel

BobP

Memri Fan
Sp**s finished 2nd on 86 points last season

According to @Makingtrax that shouldn't be possible considering how much Sp**s spend.

It's an anomaly right? Just like Leicester winning the league, right?

If I were a moderator, I'd seriously consider banning @Makingtrax, guy is a legitimate troll. As soon as you disprove his pseudo-theory, he'll start chatting about something completely unrelated only to bring up that very same theory elsewhere. It's a never ending cycle.

BobP

Memri Fan
I love how people on here think Sp**s finishing second is some kind of achievement and brilliant league performance from them but when we do it that is not good enough.

Just one of the thing that is happening with Arsenal fans in last 2-3 years. Liking Sp**s more than their own team. Disgusting.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is a GIGANTIC difference between finishing 2nd on 71 points and finishing 2nd on 86 points. 15 points to be exact, or 5 wins.

71 points doesn't get you into the top 4 in the season just gone by let alone 2nd.

When was the last time we finished on 86 points? It's been over a decade by now.

By all means though, give yourself a pat on the back about how great it is that we finished 2nd with a points tally which was barely good enough to scrape into the top 4 during the pre-2013 years.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s finished 2nd on 86 points last season

According to @Makingtrax that shouldn't be possible considering how much Sp**s spend.

It's an anomaly right? Just like Leicester winning the league, right?

If I were a moderator, I'd seriously consider banning @Makingtrax, guy is a legitimate troll. As soon as you disprove his pseudo-theory, he'll start chatting about something completely unrelated only to bring up that very same theory elsewhere. It's a never ending cycle.
Aggressive post or what!

Sp**s are in the top 6 for spending and came 2nd. No big deal there, of course it's possible. What's the matter with you. Money is only a rough guide ffs.

Leicester were in the bottom 6 for spending and came first. Now that's what you call an anomaly. And if you don't think so . . . . your ***ing deluded.

You've disproved nothing Bob. Not my fault if you don't understand how money works in football.

You've suddenly turned into an aggressive **** . . . . again. Take a chill pill or pick on somebody else ffs.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is a GIGANTIC difference between finishing 2nd on 71 points and finishing 2nd on 86 points. 15 points to be exact, or 5 wins.

71 points doesn't get you into the top 4 in the season just gone by let alone 2nd.

When was the last time we finished on 86 points? It's been over a decade by now.

By all means though, give yourself a pat on the back about how great it is that we finished 2nd with a points tally which was barely good enough to scrape into the top 4 during the pre-2013 years.

Each season is different, teams in bottom half are stronger. They do better. But what never change is the positions. 1st is the same as 1st and 2nd is the same as 2nd.

BobP

Memri Fan
Aggressive post or what!

Sp**s are in the top 6 for spending and came 2nd. No big deal there, of course it's possible. What's the matter with you. Money is only a rough guide ffs.

Leicester were in the bottom 6 for spending and came first. Now that's what you call an anomaly. And if you don't think so . . . . your ***ing deluded.

You've disproved nothing Bob. Not my fault if you don't understand how money works in football.

You've suddenly turned into an aggressive **** . . . . again. Take a chill pill or pick on somebody else ffs.

Not being aggressive.

You're just a consistently **** poster.

This post is further evidence of that.

Take a chill pill or pick on somebody else ffs.

Pretty much this. Feels like Bruce Banner turned into Hulk for no reason.

Never saw you said money was the decided factor, but its big with other factors, injuries being another big. But even then I did a multiple linear regression models just after I finished my 2nd statistic and probabilities course and in none of them you can reject the p-value which says they are good. And then leave the science out of it, there is no coincidence that the three biggest spenders are the ones who share the title among themselves for more than decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom