• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember when we beat these ****s in the Shield 2 years ago and then lost 2-0 at home to West Ham the very next week ffs. The focus should be fully on Leicester, a win in this will be a bonus but will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don't mean to change the topic of this thread too much. But your general tone of posting has become extremely negative to the extent that I can sense some very deep anger or frustration that goes beyond being disappointed with the state of the team. Though, in saying that it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that it is a contributing factor too. Of course I could be just reading too much into things. But I kinda expect certain things from certain posters and I've seen a radical change very recently, and I mean radical.
He's hurting, he's one of the guys who bought into the sweeping changes when Wenger signed on for 2 more years. It's slowly looking to be the same old though, a lot of people would be despondent in his position. I sense @Makingtrax is coming to a similar position to this as well.

Acceptance is part of the healing process.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Giroud
Welbeck Özil
Kolašinac Xhaka Ramsey Ox
Nacho Per Kosc
Cech

100% starters, unless any injury happens till the game

Prawn Sandwich

We're not ready yet.

It's east to get fired up for the FA Cup, but When you're still at least two short, this is so underwhelming.

The new season starting feels like the gateway to too much effort.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So happy that the season is about to start. Getting to watch my favorite club one or twice a week again! So many players have had a good full pre-season and are ready to go, Alexis and Mustafi will be ready soon too. New marque striker that is getting more used to the team by the day. And who knows, maybe there will be one or two new players to look forward to soon! Can't wait!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't mean to change the topic of this thread too much. But your general tone of posting has become extremely negative to the extent that I can sense some very deep anger or frustration that goes beyond being disappointed with the state of the team. Though, in saying that it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that it is a contributing factor too. Of course I could be just reading too much into things. But I kinda expect certain things from certain posters and I've seen a radical change very recently, and I mean radical.
Actually noticed this too.

The forum is here for you @GDeep™

junglist57

Established Member
Will we finally get to see the Laca / Alexis link up debut?

I do hope so. :bounce:

giphy.gif

Ewarwoowar

The opportunity is there again to exploit the wide open Wembley space with pace and quick passing(was going to say crisp, but we struggle to do that nowadays, but the bigger pitch is more forgiving), that extra 500sqm is very telling on sides who like to stay compact.

I don't see them fielding a side much better or near as good than the one We faced in the cup final, Fabregas in place of Matic as Bakayoko is borderline fit, Moses is allowed to play cos' the FA does not deem Charity as a serious affair unless it's charitable to them. Batshuayi likely as showing some form, Morata could feature, you never know Boga might feature too. No Hazard, Pedro very unlikely, Costa in the naughty chair, they are definitely there for the taking.

Wenger will most prob have one eye on the Foxes 5 days later, but I could still see He could strike a good balance to play a side with good mix of pace, good experience and blood some youth too and have a good go without compromising to much for the Friday game, let's not go crazy and chance more injury tho' on tin cup trophy.

I'm not too bothered about the result, just want to see Laca and Kola in a what is a little more competitive than pre-season games. Maybe also We get more a ******* clue what Wenger is thinking in regards to a first team(probably not tho).

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Almost every country has a domestic super Cup. In Spain it is a two legged affair! (Two El Clasicos this time) Also, the trophy does count for something IMO, it is the curtain raiser for the new season and features the two champions/winners from the previous season going at it.

Finally the Barcelona side that won the treble in 2009 also did the "sextuple" when they won all the three Super Cup trophies as well that year (Spanish Supercup, UEFA Supercup and FIFA Club WC). It is something that has since then not been replicated by any one else.

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Also, I don't know why it is a case of "either-or" with some of you guys over here. I want to win both the Community shield at Wembley and smash Leicester at the Emirates!

Plutarch

This was our team in the FA Cup final, just two and a half months ago. We played really well that day, no reason we can't do it again.

Ospina
Bellerin, Holding, Mertesacker, Monreal, Ox,
Ramsey, Xhaka,
Özil, Sanchez, Welbeck.

Summer transfers have been underwhelmiing, but it's not all gloom. With Kolasinac in the team, Ox moved to right wing back, and Lacazette available, we might even be better.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I get the feeling that we'll struggle in the beginning of then season just like always...there is a vague feeling of dissatisfaction with Sanchez and Özil not signing new deals..us not getting the players we want..I think we will get Lemar in the end but will he be enough...hope Wenger gets in a few more...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This game should be worth 5 PL points if the FA cup champions win it, and 2 pts if the PL champions win it, that would give the FA Cup the status it deserves and make this game far more interesting.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't mind losing as long as we play well and look as if we could have won

and most of all I hope no one (on our side) gets injured

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It's a friendly in which a loss would be depressing, whilst a win would mean nothing. This trophy shouldn't exist. Just give money to charity and be done with it.
Agree, only way this would help us is if we absolutely batter them. That'll be a big boost going into the new season. I wouldn't rule out that outcome inspite of the doom and gloom here. Chelsea are in even worse shape than us, and they're looking to integrate a lot of new players in the team. They're bound to be rusty.

Fallout

id like to see ...

ospina
holding - kos - nacho
oxlade - ramsey - xhaka - kola
Özil - laca - iwobi

not our most competitive lineup but there are still some important questions about the squad that we need to answer before the season starts:

(a) who is the middle CB if per isnt in form? koscielny is suspended for our first two games of the season, so he has to play on sunday, and i think we should use the occassion to test him in the middle.

(b) how do we get the best out of lacazette? he's looked decent in preseason but not special. assuming sanchez isn't available, i'd like to pair him with our two most creative inside forwards and see if we can bring some life into him.

arsmile

Established Member
this is exciting!

difficult to predict the starters...assume mustafi and alexis won't start

Özil and ramsey both missed a bit of training with injuries- might miss it?

Not sure if wenger will go with Ox or Hector at RWB...or if he'd consider accommodating Ox elsewhere if more of the AMs do miss out

can't even call the keeper

just need the guys to show up to get us off to the start we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom