• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This game should be worth 5 PL points if the FA cup champions win it, and 2 pts if the PL champions win it, that would give the FA Cup the status it deserves and make this game far more interesting.
Interesting, but what about non-PL clubs?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Winning this would be nice but in all honesty, I couldn't care less about this game.

No injuries and maybe a cameo from Sanchez would be a decent outcome.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It's Chelsea. I hope we smash them and watch their fans squirm trying to make excuses about friendlies and squad health, etc.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Not an important game, but we should try hard to get a win of course. One game at a time, always look for a win

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ever since Roman took over I always think Chelsea will beat us, but this Conte Chelsea never gives me the same feeling. They are the most beatable for Arsenal since the russian money came in.

2-0 to the Arsenal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Scary because that's nearly full strength and looks a crap team.

I've felt this same way for a while but didn't want to come across as super negative because i'm new here. But damn I don't know whats happened to Arsène's eye for talent. The banter years had a better starting 11 than this.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I've felt this same way for a while but didn't want to come across as super negative because i'm new here. But damn I don't know whats happened to Arséne's eye for talent. The banter years had a better starting 11 than this.

His eye for talent is still fine, it's just that the competition for talent is immense nowadays. Everybody is investing heavily in scouting networks and on top of that data analysis methods and services have evolved so much that basically anybody with an internet connection can do a pretty decent analysis on any half-promising player practically for free. There are very few hidden talents nowadays.

Wenger has probably one of the best eyes for talent still but we can't get as much competitive edge for it now as we did in the past. We still have a lot of talent but so do others. Most players who are better or even at a level that they might develop to be better than what we have cost **** loads of money

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Finally we will see our first choice team

Özil, Gabriel and Ramsey have injury concerns. Mustafi, Holding and Chambers are short of fitness as is Alexis and Wilshere. Coquelin is also coming back from injury. Absolutely no need to do fitness tests and risk people when a weeks additional training and rest would see them fully fit for the start of the season.

------------------------Cech---------------------
------Holding-----Mert--------Koscielny
Ox----------Elneny-----Xhaka------Monreal
---------Walcott------------------Welbeck
-----------------------Giroud

That would be my team if you are talking about putting out a fully fit side in the view to our first match and not showing our hand.

BobP

Memri Fan
Özil, Gabriel and Ramsey have injury concerns. Mustafi, Holding and Chambers are short of fitness as is Alexis and Wilshere. Coquelin is also coming back from injury. Absolutely no need to do fitness tests and risk people when a weeks additional training and rest would see them fully fit for the start of the season.

------------------------Cech---------------------
------Holding-----Mert--------Koscielny
Ox----------Elneny-----Xhaka------Monreal
---------Walcott------------------Welbeck
-----------------------Giroud

That would be my team if you are talking about putting out a fully fit side in the view to our first match and not showing our hand.

I agree.

It's better to think of this game as being another preseason friendly and then act accordingly.

The priority should absolutely be the 1st league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom