• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's medical team. The Worst in the Premier League?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

True just pointing out that prior to the season opener, he was under cooked and there are quotes from AW acknowledging this.

Fwiw there is no doubt AW pushes players quite hard and it tends to backfire .

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You're the man to do it, objective, no anger and probably the only normal person on AM :lol:
Bit of digging and I've found this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...njury-record-and-how-your-club-shapes-up.html

There is also the perennial question of whether Arsenal’s style of play – and the perception that they are somehow “soft-centred” – has been a contributory factor. As well as the high incidence of muscular injuries, there have certainly been periods when they have suffered an unusual number of serious impact injuries.

In 2007-8, for example, only five of Arsenal’s 32 injuries were muscular. At that time, Wenger certainly felt Arsenal were victims of something more sinister than bad luck or mistakes in their own preparation.

“Ask any player who’s played here, ask Vieira or Petit, if he has been targeted without any intention of playing the ball, just to kick him out of the game and they’ll tell you they have,” he said. “Look at the players we have lost here. Diaby, deliberate foul from behind. Rosicky, deliberate foul. Eduardo, deliberate foul. Walcott, deliberate foul. Adebayor and Sagna got injured with a deliberate foul on him.”

According to Opta, Arsenal have been the most tackled team in the Premier League this season and also the fourth most fouled.

The article was dated Dec 2014. It'll be near impossible to analyse without reviewing nearly every match, who was tackled how aggressive it was. Did it result in an immediate injury or did it start a series of problems ie took a knock on the ankle was fine to continue weeks later out with an ankle injury or another injury that was the result of a weakened ankle. Too many variables.

Also came to mind the Perez tackle this season that resulted in several weeks out on the back of a dirty tackle.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can't say why there is a bias against us although it's obvious that there is. You look at what Sp**s get away with every week and realistically they should never finish a match with more than 9 men yet one of our players breathes on an opponent and it's a foul. I do know where the turning point was though. I think Dein's influence in the FA helped us a lot to where we may not have been favored by officials but at least we weren't actively undermined by them. We seem to be missing his pull desperately since the falling out and his departure from the club.

Ewarwoowar

Interesting read. That Fabregas interview is spot on. I don't know of any team that has had those type of injuries aa regularly as we had. Those injuries are thankfully rare freak occurrences back then it was nearly expected someone would get their leg broke playing for us.

Brings a whole new context to why He may have left,, 'To get the **** out of Dodge'!

People say we too soft, but when we retaliate we screwed over also.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hence why I liked how Flamini was dangerously hard but he had the guile to do it behind the ref

too bad his technical side isn't as good as his malice

BBF

I'm not even sure it's our medical team anymore. Look at the players who've moved away and played more games, or the players who don't constantly have setbacks anymore like they did at Arsenal. I'm convinced its something to do within training. Not that I can definitively prove it mind.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Stop buying weak guys under 6ft who can't handle the league and we'll be fine.

The Gooner

I can't say why there is a bias against us although it's obvious that there is. You look at what Sp**s get away with every week and realistically they should never finish a match with more than 9 men yet one of our players breathes on an opponent and it's a foul. I do know where the turning point was though. I think Dein's influence in the FA helped us a lot to where we may not have been favored by officials but at least we weren't actively undermined by them. We seem to be missing his pull desperately since the falling out and his departure from the club.
This is true and so do Chelsea and United on many occasions. The relegation clubs are also notorious for trying to end careers with their atrocious tackles.

The FA does have a bias in favor of certain teams it seems.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom