• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
:lol: No, they're not following him. He started off the dissent about Wenger not winning anything, without any context. It then took on a life of it's own.

I'm not going through all the stats again to show he hasn't regressed before this year.

As for what people see on the pitch. ****me. Just read the player threads. Nobody can agree on anything. Even last Sunday's game I didn't see the carnage that Gary Neville saw. And when I looked at all the Opta stats which I posted here, they much more closely matched what I saw than his over the top drivel.
What a rubbish post Trax.

"it took on a life of its own" - Yes, people are realising it isd over and he is no longer the man capable of leading this club.

"As for what people see on the pitch. ****me. Just read the player threads. Nobody can agree on anything." Are you serious. We can all agree our football is dire. We have no direction. We're clueless, directionless, tacticless, ambitionless, gutless and a lot of other 'lesses'

You;re seriously scraping the barrel now man. Your demise is almost as painful to watch as Wenger's

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not sure if he realizes the irony in him having:

As his signature.
:lol: It doesn't have any meaning bro, it was a joke I heard at the Edinburgh Fringe festival in 2015 by comedian Ian Smith.

Chris Turner said, 'I bought a muzzle for my pet duck. Nothing flashy, but it fits the bill.' :lol::lol:

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax On a sidenote who would you want to replace Wenger with amongst the names being dished around or anyone else in specific.
Glad you asked me that Sammy.

Like Shankly, Fergie, Clough . . Wenger's irreplaceable. These guys live on through legends. Fathers will relate the stories of the invincibles to their kids around the hearth side on cold winter evenings . . .like tales of Viking warriors.;)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Every single season since 2012 has been "our worst season in recent years" yet here is Trax telling us because a few posters can;t agree on a player that we're absolutely fine and Wenger is still the man for the job. If it wasn't clear before, it is clear now. Paid hack.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Every single season since 2012 has been "our worst season in recent years" yet here is Trax telling us because a few posters can;t agree on a player that we're absolutely fine and Wenger is still the man for the job. If it wasn't clear before, it is clear now. Paid hack.
He cleverly uses the numbers from before 2012 to make it look better for Wenger.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What a rubbish post Trax.

"it took on a life of its own" - Yes, people are realising it isd over and he is no longer the man capable of leading this club.

"As for what people see on the pitch. ****me. Just read the player threads. Nobody can agree on anything." Are you serious. We can all agree our football is dire. We have no direction. We're clueless, directionless, tacticless, ambitionless, gutless and a lot of other 'lesses'

You;re seriously scraping the barrel now man. Your demise is almost as painful to watch as Wenger's
Sad to see you slide over to the dark side bro where anger, aggression and hatred walk tall. There are very few Jedi's remaining now.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Et tu brute ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He cleverly uses the numbers from before 2012 to make it look better for Wenger.
Nothing clever in those numbers, just overall.

After 2012 we won 3 trophies in 4 years, can you name another EPL side that acheived that?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nothing clever in those numbers, just overall.

After 2012 we won 3 trophies in 4 years, can you name another EPL side that acheived that?
Ok. Before 2012, you take the league standings. After 2012, you take the FA cups. Why don't you count the FA cups before 2012 and premier league standings 2012?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ok. Before 2012, you take the league standings. After 2012, you take the FA cups. Why don't you count the FA cups before 2012 and premier league standings 2012?
You were the one who raised 2012 for some reason:lol:

My original post was for the entire Wenger period.

Why? There's an overall record:
Time in charge: 22 years
Overall spend: 4th in the league
Av finishing position 2.74
Trophies: 10
Av Win rate: 58%

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

You guys still don't get what Trax is doing?

The more everyone on here and the media say Wenger is rubbish, the stronger he is going to counter it no matter what. He doesn't even truly believe half the stuff he is saying.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sad to see you slide over to the dark side bro where anger, aggression and hatred walk tall. There are very few Jedi's remaining now.
For the record, I haven't slipped over to anywhere. I have been Wenger out for a while. I'm just interested in seeing it done properly and with respect. Having said that, he's now walking a tight rope and his balance ain't so great anymore.

So much of what you say is pertinent and relative. But claiming that because people can;t agree whether Ramsey is rubbish or not doesn;t mean we can;t see our football is getting worse. Which it is. If you don;t believe our football is worse than ever before under Wenger then, sorry, but you clearly have no clue when it comes to the game itself. Even when we were not winning titles we were sleak and played sexy football. We're slow and unimaginative now. We leak goals like crazy. We've slipped further down the table than ever before and one of the resonsa for that is the summer we only bought Cech. Which BTW, was a great way of getting our squad cost to a more equitable level compared to the so called big three.

When exactly would you cut this out and start saying "okay, Wenger, time to feck off"? when we're relegated? When all memory of his early days is gone? Cause make no mistake, if he were to carry on like this for another decade, that first one would be a third of his reign and as a result... not so pretty anymore.

What you fail to realise is that half of us still have love for him. We want him to keep that legacy intact. But right now he is a slow, old, near retirement boxer and he's clearly had too many blows to the head to think properly in that ring.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You guys still don't get what Trax is doing?

The more everyone on here and the media say Wenger is rubbish, the stronger he is going to counter it no matter what. He doesn't even truly believe half the stuff he is saying.
That's an arrow to the heart.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

For the record, I haven't slipped over to anywhere. I have been Wenger out for a while. I'm just interested in seeing it done properly and with respect. Having said that, he's now walking a tight rope and his balance ain't so great anymore.

So much of what you say is pertinent and relative. But claiming that because people can;t agree whether Ramsey is rubbish or not doesn;t mean we can;t see our football is getting worse. Which it is. If you don;t believe our football is worse than ever before under Wenger then, sorry, but you clearly have no clue when it comes to the game itself. Even when we were not winning titles we were sleak and played sexy football. We're slow and unimaginative now. We leak goals like crazy. We've slipped further down the table than ever before and one of the resonsa for that is the summer we only bought Cech. Which BTW, was a great way of getting our squad cost to a more equitable level compared to the so called big three.

When exactly would you cut this out and start saying "okay, Wenger, time to feck off"? when we're relegated? When all memory of his early days is gone? Cause make no mistake, if he were to carry on like this for another decade, that first one would be a third of his reign and as a result... not so pretty anymore.

What you fail to realise is that half of us still have love for him. We want him to keep that legacy intact. But right now he is a slow, old, near retirement boxer and he's clearly had too many blows to the head to think properly in that ring.
Don't agree on your point about what people see on the pitch. The fact that our posters can't agree on Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Ramsey, Mustafi, Bellerin, or even players from other teams ( one poster said Hazard was a fraud the other day) means one thing . . . everybody's definition of what good football is seems to be different.

They're all watching the same players at the same time, make the same passes, the same mistakes, the same movement . . . why can't they agree?

Much prefer to stick to stats, they're not perfect but far, far more reliable than the opinion of fans.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm not going through all the stats again to show he hasn't regressed before this year.
My claim was the rot set in during the second half of 15/16. This was the table at the halfway point:
bdT1Sce.jpg

Man United and Liverpool both on 30 points, Chelsea on 20

From that point to today:
Manchester City-180 pts
Sp**s-176 pts
Chelsea-176 pts
United-164 pts
Liverpool-163 pts
Arsenal-152 pts

You say it's only this year but really, there's been a clear downward trajectory in league performance for about 2 years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom