• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My claim was the rot set in during the second half of 15/16. This was the table at the halfway point:
bdT1Sce.jpg

Man United and Liverpool both on 30 points, Chelsea on 20

From that point to today:
Manchester City-180 pts
Sp**s-176 pts
Chelsea-176 pts
United-164 pts
Liverpool-163 pts
Arsenal-152 pts

You say it's only this year but really, there's been a clear downward trajectory in league performance for about 2 years now
Could have sworn Wenger got 75 points last year, which is almost bang on his 21 year average.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You mean Fergie's coaching setup. You're probably right. Wenger has relied a lot on Primorac, Banfield, Peyton and Bould for some time.

I guess I thought it went without saying that I meant Ferguson, why would anyone want to replicate the mess they got going over there right now. United never recovered from Moyes getting rid of that set up.

:lol:
As for what people see on the pitch. ****me. Just read the player threads. Nobody can agree on anything. Even last Sunday's game I didn't see the carnage that Gary Neville saw. And when I looked at all the Opta stats which I posted here, they much more closely matched what I saw than his over the top drivel.

That interesting, what did you see? I always thought the problem came down to the players Arsène chooses to be loyal to and it's interesting to see who is statistically at fault. You sound enlightened.

TriniGunner

My claim was the rot set in during the second half of 15/16. This was the table at the halfway point:
bdT1Sce.jpg

Man United and Liverpool both on 30 points, Chelsea on 20

From that point to today:
Manchester City-180 pts
Sp**s-176 pts
Chelsea-176 pts
United-164 pts
Liverpool-163 pts
Arsenal-152 pts

You say it's only this year but really, there's been a clear downward trajectory in league performance for about 2 years now

I don't know how's that even a debate.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Nothing clever in those numbers, just overall.

After 2012 we won 3 trophies in 4 years, can you name another EPL side that acheived that?

Are we including 2012? If so, Chelsea has a much better record. 4 trophies: 2 EPL titles, 1 Europa League and 1 Europa League.

If it's just 2013-2017, then it's 3 titles: 2 EPL titles and 1 FA Cup.

Manchester UTD also has 3 titles: 1 Europa League, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup.

Yes, 3 cups are great, but we're underperforming compared to what we should be doing. We haven't won the EPL since 2004! These past 5 years, we've capitulated at 2 golden opportunities to win.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
After Arsenal’s Carabao Cup disaster I have come to the conclusion that blaming/point fingers at our players is not the solution. The problem lies with the management and the coaching staff. Xhaka was a quality midfielder in the BL with good long ball service. Arsène plays him as defensive midfield and doesn’t use his best attribute of long balls.

Mustafi was a member of a WC winning squad before joining us and rated as an upcoming WC CB. At Arsenal he looks like a schoolboy. WTF is Bould doing with these guys?

I can easily see a better coach improving Chambers and Holding as well and having a chat with Bellerin to straighten him up.

The buck stops with the manager and WHEN Arsenal lose in the EL as well it will be season over. No way are we getting into the top four and we don’t deserve to honestly.

Wenger cannot even complain about money anymore. He has spent £100m+ on CFs alone in a year. Its just that football has moved on and he cannot coach a PL winning side anymore. Wenger relied on the odd cup win to keep his job but even that’s starting to look unlikely from now on.

The bottom line is Wenger must go this sunmer and Arsenal need to start afresh. The best time to do so is after a major international tournament when many fresh faces make a name for themselves.

Sadly when the man says stuff like this, it makes me think that Arsenal will have to sack him because Wenger has become too stubborn to do the right thing and walk this summer. He’s become that grandpa now who is too old to change his ways and would rather die by his choices than accept that he is wrong.

I also understand why he wants to keep managing Arsenal. He is an old man who has nothing left in his life but football. That’s all he knows. According to Wikipedia, even in his spare time all he does is analyse football games and he has an interest in politics. His wife left him and I don’t know if he has a family to go back to in his retirement. (Just know that he has a daughter named Lea, and I don’t know how much he is in contact with her) I feel sorry for him.

I respect Arsène Wenger for everything he has done for Arsenal but all good things must come to an end. It is time for the club and the man himself to move on. Thanks for the memories but it is time to say Goodbye.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Are we including 2012? If so, Chelsea has a much better record. 4 trophies: 2 EPL titles, 1 Europa League and 1 Europa League.

If it's just 2013-2017, then it's 3 titles: 2 EPL titles and 1 FA Cup.

Manchester UTD also has 3 titles: 1 Europa League, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup.

Yes, 3 cups are great, but we're underperforming compared to what we should be doing. We haven't won the EPL since 2004! These past 5 years, we've capitulated at 2 golden opportunities to win.
After 2012, that just leaves United then and they've spent getting on for double us since 2012.

And compare the teams that have spent similar to us, Liverpool and Sp**s. What have they won my friend?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner Wenger has averaged 76 points a season since he arrived.

2011/12 70points
2012/13 73 points
2013/14 79 points
2015/16 71 points
2016/17 75 points

There's no decline there relative to the EPL as a whole.

We may get low 60s this year or even the 50s, now that is a decline, and we haven't seen anything like that since George Graham days.

It looks worse because our closest rivals, spend wise, are Liverpool and Sp**s and whilst they're still not winning anything, they're getting more points than usual, after years of being trounced by Wenger. But when Kane leaves, Sp**s will regress to their squad cost position again.

Liverpool will be our next manager's biggest concern. But whoever he is, he won't beat the all of the big spending clubs for sure. The odds are very much against him.

Godwin1

Very well-known
@American_Gooner Wenger has averaged 76 points a season since he arrived.

2011/12 70points
2012/13 73 points
2013/14 79 points
2015/16 71 points
2016/17 75 points

There's no decline there relative to the EPL as a whole.

We may get low 60s this year or even the 50s, now that is a decline, and we haven't seen anything like that since George Graham days.

It looks worse because our closest rivals, spend wise, are Liverpool and Sp**s and whilst they're still not winning anything, they're getting more points than usual, after years of being trounced by Wenger. But when Kane leaves, Sp**s will regress to their squad cost position again.

Liverpool will be our next manager's biggest concern. But whoever he is, he won't beat the all of the big spending clubs for sure. The odds are very much against him.
What does Trusted do? Do you have any powers that I don't?

Aevi

Hale End FC
People at the stadium are saying he never got up from his seat to motivate players or relay instructions. That's just unacceptable, especially when we're losing.

Even if he's usually like that, I'm surprised; that to me doesn't look like he is fighting to stay or win the game.

Preacher

Always Crying
People at the stadium are saying he never got up from his seat to motivate players or relay instructions. That's just unacceptable, especially when we're losing.

Even if he's usually like that, I'm surprised; that to me doesn't look like he is fighting to stay or win the game.
I mentioned this in match thread. Club should let him go now.

Axel9090

At this point I couldnt care less about how many FA cups he has won since the move to emirates or how many points hes averaged a season, we need better and can do better. Plain and simple.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

He looked like a broken man tonight, I think he's starting to realise the players just aren't playing for him anymore.

In a way I feel sorry for him, he's given these jokers a chance to play on the biggest stage with the wages to go with it and this is how they repay him.

Said it earlier in this thread but I genuinely can't stand half of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom