• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefaced

In yesterday’s Arsecast, Philippe Auclair talked about Aubameyang telling French media after the Man City game that some Arsenal players played ‘with resignation’, and during that game we saw Arséne Wenger sit by and do nothing to change what was going on, as if he was managing in the same way.

If the players feel like that about the manager, and the manager feels that way about the players, then it’s utterly broken and there’s little anyone can do to fix it. Does it mean the players dislike Arséne? Of course not. I’m sure most, if not all of them, like him as a man, as someone who has treated them like people as well as players and had a positive affect on their careers, but do they like his methods or his instructions? Those are different things and I think it’s pretty clear that his footballing authority is not what it was.

Nobody’s worried about losing their place. Nobody’s worried that a poor performance might have consequences. Nobody’s concerned that playing badly will have repercussions for their future. They all know that Arséne’s time at the club is coming to an end. He’s not quite a dead man walking, but they realise his train is pulling into the station and consciously or subconsciously it has an impact.

The Guardian piece also makes the point about players have professional pride. I think that’s true, no footballer enjoys losing, being booed, getting stick from fans, looking up the table to see City 30 points ahead. It’s embarrassing for them. It doesn’t excuse them but I think we should think about that in this current context.

https://arseblog.com/2018/03/dressing-room-leaks-almost-like-a-public-cry-for-help/
This isn’t even anything new, it was the same last season. Yet we still kept Wenger because he won the FA cup. When will people learn this horse has run it’s course and needs to step a side. It’s not rocket science the guy is finished! Plain and simple i don’t need graphs to tell anyone that, it’s in everyone’s face. The signs have been there from beyond this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thank you. This is my first time posting. Really just trying to understand what all the shouting is about and where all the emotional resentment of Arséne comes from.
Human nature mate, you're basically telling people not to be people and that's why I've never understood this angle of 'attack'.

Congratulations for being emotionally stoic (and I mean that it's a good trait to have) but the majority of people just aren't that. Believe it or not it is normal to harbour resentment towards someone you continually associate with negative events.

The above assumes you're not a troll, if you're not then welcome to the forum mate.:)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Jesus Christ. Can't you just go back to telling me to **** off and piss off like you used to do.

This new 'lets all hate Wengerboy' insidious campaign is freaking me out. :lol:
It's not a campaign, everything I said is true. Not my fault many agree. *shrugs*. I've got nothing against you as a person fwiw, you're either a man who strongly admires our greatest ever manager or one of the best trolls in internet history.:lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not a campaign, everything I said is true. Not my fault many agree. *shrugs*. I've got nothing against you as a person fwiw, you're either a man who strongly admires our greatest ever manager or one of the best trolls in internet history.:lol:
No hard feelings bro. I'm not an angry person and never hold grudges. In fact I admire your campaign, very clever.

You say many agree but that's inevitable, I'm an army of one. :lol:

I wonder what he's going through right now, no matter how strong you are mentally this must hurt. The fans have been against him for a while but it's beginning to cresendo in a way we haven't seen before, then you look at the board essentially stripping away his power bit by bit and throughout this whole thing he just wants to prove the doubters wrong but probably knows that he can't.

Hope he has a good support network around him.

Doesn't he have a reputation for being a bit of a loner?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Doesn't he have a reputation for being a bit of a loner?
Which is a worry. Really hope he doesn't do anything stupid. The campaign against him is really in full swing now.

Seen dozens of matches where teams have lost 3-0 and never heard a pundit call a team spineless cowards. Crackly voice recordings pretending to be players slagging him off, former players like Merson sticking the knife in at every opportunity. Rumours and tattle tales flying everywhere.

And he still hasn't fallen below what Mourinho did last year yet. Apart from losing his final of the EFL cup, but Mourinho wasn't up against the new expensive City in full flow.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Which is a worry. Really hope he doesn't do anything stupid. The campaign against him is really in full swing now.

Seen dozens of matches where teams have lost 3-0 and never heard a pundit call a team spineless cowards. Crackly voice recordings pretending to be players slagging him off, former players like Merson sticking the knife in at every opportunity. Rumours and tattle tales flying everywhere.

And he still hasn't fallen below what Mourinho did last year yet. Apart from losing his final of the EFL cup, but Mourinho wasn't up against the new expensive City in full flow.

Some Arsenal fans should be ashamed of themselves the way they've treated Wenger. We dont realise how good we've got it.

He's a strong man though & wont allow this situation to affect him to the point he does something 'stupid'.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Such as ?

Reading this, you would think, that Wenger is the first manager in the history of sports, who found himself in such situation.
I cant think of any other manager in the history of football actually that has had to endure media & fans ridiculing them for such a sustained period.
With Arsenal supporters its gotten worse gradually over the last 5 years but the media & opposition fans have been trying to unsettle Wenger and the club from the beginning.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Such as ?

Reading this, you would think, that Wenger is the first manager in the history of sports, who found himself in such situation.
This is different. Other managers never shared the amount of history and love for a club for such a long period. It's like a child he raised. Ferguson was the only comparison and he had a whole different experience.

Wenger wanted to leave on the same terms as Ferguson and because of that he doesn't want to give up on his legacy in this situation. He is a man with a lot of pride and it might end up getting the best of him.

He deserves a respectful end, but someone just needs to tell him when that is. He has lost all ability of self reflection and thinks he is still the man to care for this club. He needs to let her go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom