• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Some of you should stop portraying Wenger as some kind of victim.

He well knows all pressures, which come with this high profile job and he agreed with contract extension himself, and for it he's getting 8-10mln a year.
You are correct that he is not the victim of the outside world, but rather of himself, a man with a romantic view from old times. A man who cherishes values as belief, loyalty, and integrity. This is a new world sadly and he hasn't adapted.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is pretty low tbf. Trying to make people who criticise his performance as manager feel guilty, as if they're going to push him to commit **** or something.
There's criticism and there's criticism bro. I can't think of more viscious campaign against someone who doesn't deserve it, as this one. The hate filled spew is everywhere and it's building up like a pressure cooker.

He's a loner, he's not young any more and Arsenal's been his passionate life's work, of course . . we should be concerned about him. It's a low blow to suggest that people concerned about him are only doing to make his over the top loud mouthed critics guilty.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He might have a romantic view, but if you take the way and speed he dismantled the Invincibles into account, I doubt he's that naive when it comes to judging his own position.

He simply has no one he's accountable for at the club, no one who dared to challenge him so far.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
There's criticism and there's criticism bro. I can't think of more viscious campaign against someone who doesn't deserve it, as this one. The hate filled spew is everywhere and it's building up like a pressure cooker.
That's the issue here, you're conflating the two. People have genuine, well thought out criticisms of Wenger but you're grouping them with people screaming "fack off Venga you ****" as if they're the same thing.
He's a loner, he's not young any more and Arsenal's been his passionate life's work, of course . . we should be concerned about him. It's a low blow to suggest that people concerned about him are only doing to make his over the top loud mouthed critics guilty.
Wenger isn't a loner...? Why should we be 'concerned' about him? It would be sad to see him have to leave Arsenal but he'll land on his feet, he's better off than the vast majority of society. I guess in relative terms you have some sympathy with Wenger but let's be honest, this is the epitome of a first world problem.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Celebrating the title on the streets of north London after THAT Wiltord goal, Winning the league at the Swamp, Ruud Van Nistelroy beatdown, Vieira and Keane in the tunnel, Sol Campbell surprise signing, Bergkamp wonder goals against Newcastle & Leicester, Henry miss in the CL final, Invincibles, Parlour singing "my old man" in front of the town hall, Ade wonder goal against sp*rs, Henry doing a diego maradonna against sp*rs and then running to the opposite end to celebrate in front of their fans

To suggest all these memories (and many many more) could somehow be erased or tarnished by recent criticism is insulting and demeaning in the extreme.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's the issue here, you're conflating the two. People have genuine, well thought out criticisms of Wenger but you're grouping them with people screaming "fack off Venga you ****" as if they're the same thing.

Wenger isn't a loner...? Why should we be 'concerned' about him? It would be sad to see him have to leave Arsenal but he'll land on his feet, he's better off than the vast majority of society. I guess in relative terms you have some sympathy with Wenger but let's be honest, this is the epitome of a first world problem.
I'm not conflating the two, I've seen dozens and dozens of 3-0 wins and plenty where a team has been demoralised. But I've never heard a commentator call the team spineless cowards, over and over in a rant that is designed to whip up fans and humiliate the manager. Particularly when they're up against a team that's so expensive and on such a good run. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what's going on on the internet.

If Wenger wasn't so hooked into this club he would have walked away years ago, but he's emotionally and physically attached to what he's built. He lives on his own, his family have left him and believe me tragedies don't just happen in developing countries when people get ostracised as badly as this.

Ashybashy86

I'm not conflating the two, I've seen dozens and dozens of 3-0 wins and plenty where a team has been demoralised. But I've never heard a commentator call the team spineless cowards, over and over in a rant that is designed to whip up fans and humiliate the manager. Particularly when they're up against a team that's so expensive and on such a good run. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what's going on on the internet.

If Wenger wasn't so hooked into this club he would have walked away years ago, but he's emotionally and physically attached to what he's built. He lives on his own, his family have left him and believe me tragedies don't just happen in developing countries when people get ostracised as badly as this.
His family have left him? Does he no longer have a relationship with his daughter and brother? I thought I read that he went to watch his daughter compete at Lea Valley a couple of months ago, sitting with his ex-wife? I genuinely don't know about his personal life, but you seem to.

Anyway, not condoning the abuse, but he's paid handsomely to do his job. As someone already mentioned - First world problems.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
What he's done up till 2015 has been amazing.

From 2006- 2013 keeping us in the top 4 whilst having to sell his best players every year to balance the books was imo his biggest achievement. Our net spend was less then the likes of stoke and westham at that point.

He's built the foundations, won 3 fa cups in the last 4 years, more than anything, Liverpool and Sp**s have done in the last 10.

I really hope he realises that his achievements have been unbelievable, but he's not the man to take the club forward.

I definitely think as the above post mentioned, this club is all he has. However he has Soo much to offer the footballing world in so many different ways. I hope he realises that there is much more for him after arsenal

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm not conflating the two, I've seen dozens and dozens of 3-0 wins and plenty where a team has been demoralised. But I've never heard a commentator call the team spineless cowards, over and over in a rant that is designed to whip up fans and humiliate the manager.
It's not going to whip up fans, they're angry about results/performances and it's not because they are brainwashed by Neville, Piers Morgan and the media. This wasn't about humiliating Wenger as Neville has made similar comments about Chelsea, United and City in the past when they looked to have given up on their managers. Calling them spineless might not be PC but it's hardly inaccurate, coming from someone who played on the kind of teams he did.
Particularly when they're up against a team that's so expensive and on such a good run. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what's going on on the internet.
There are plenty of teams who have been outspent by City and put up a better fight than we saw in these 2 previous games.
He lives on his own, his family have left him and believe me tragedies don't just happen in developing countries when people get ostracised as badly as this.
Not really sure what you're getting at here, Wenger hasn't suddenly become a pariah overnight and nobody is going to 'do' anything to him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Oh poor multimillionaire famous guy, leaving his job to go live in his chateaux in France making a handsome living being an ambassador for the club, commentating on international football tournaments, writing books, and going on speaking engagements for 10s of thousands a pop.

Please, think of all the old, famous multimillionaire? What will become of them if we don't keep them??? Oh... the humanity!!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's not going to whip up fans,
Man alive. Can't believe you said that. Football is a male dominated tribal culture. Being called spineless cowards is exactly the sort of stuff to make your DT types foam at the mouth.

I've watched a lot of football and can't ever remember the term spineless cowards used in a commentary before? Even teams that lose far more games than us. Even teams at the bottom of the league who, in the past, have been totally demoralised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom