• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Wenger's cryptic message today was begging for player investments. I sincerely pity Wenger. He's shouldering a lot for Arsenal. Take Wenger out of Arsenal and see us crumble to relegation level. I look at our players and honestly, the quality is low.
Cech is past it, back 4 is not it, dm midfield is being patched up. That is the trouser!
Lol. You truely believe that our players are currently at their best?

HK_Gooner

Yes. Wenger had overstayed his welcome. He should’ve left in 2016 when he finished second to fu¢king Leicester City!

How awesome would it have been for Arsenal if Wenger had left then and we'd have got Pep or Conte!

We were never ever getting Pep. In their recruiting pitch, Arsenal would have presented their history of winning and tradition and maybe brought out Thierry Henry.

Man City would have put up one slide with a dollar sign on it.

We lose.

We were never ever getting Pep. In their recruiting pitch, Arsenal would have presented their history of winning and tradition and maybe brought out Thierry Henry.

Man City would have put up one slide with a dollar sign on it.

We lose.
You are ignoring the fact that City's heirarchy built a platform for years before he came to us, to ensure he was as comfortable as he could be when he arrived, and that everything was in place for him to do well.

Soriano and Begiristain already at the club too, both of whom he worked with at Barca. It's not just about his salary, unlike with Wenger.

HK_Gooner

You are ignoring the fact that City's heirarchy built a platform for years before he came to us, to ensure he was as comfortable as he could be when he arrived, and that everything was in place for him to do well.

Soriano and Begiristain already at the club too, both of whom he worked with at Barca. It's not just about his salary, unlike with Wenger.

My $ comment wasnt just about Pep's salary. Man City has spent more on players in the last 21 months than we have spent in the last 21 years. That's an actual fact I read somewhere.

Money doesn't automatically give you a title, but it certainly ups your odds greatly. We may win a title in any given season, but over the next ten years, unless the sheikh goes bankrupt, we have zero chance of winning more titles than city, regardless of whether wenger stays or goes, or the board stays or goes. We can only be saved by another sheikh (or russian oligarch, or other rich guy who only cares about winning).

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I'd honestly be very interested to see how he'd do there (Everton).
If Wenger continues to manage in England after Arsenal then the respect he has in my eyes would go down a notch.

I understand that he has nothing in his life outside football and he wants to manage as long as possible but he will get enough jobs in France and maybe Italy as well.

He has made enough money and name for himself in England and as it stands he won't win the PL again, even if you gave him a combined squad of the best players from Citeh, Liverpool and Sp**s. Football has moved on and Wenger’s time as a top class manager is long over. Managing a club in England after Arsenal would be simply spiteful. If he already doesn’t, then taking up a managerial job in the PL would surely make him look like a bitter old man. There is no reason for Wenger to keep coaching in England other than vindictiveness.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If Wenger continues to manage in England after Arsenal then the respect he has in my eyes would go down a notch.

I understand that he has nothing in his life outside football and he wants to manage as long as possible but he will get enough jobs in France and maybe Italy as well.

He has made enough money and name for himself in England and as it stands he won't win the PL again, even if you gave him a combined squad of the best players from Citeh, Liverpool and Sp**s. Football has moved on and Wenger’s time as a top class manager is long over. Managing a club in England after Arsenal would be simply spiteful. If he already doesn’t, then taking up a managerial job in the PL would surely make him look like a bitter old man. There is no reason for Wenger to keep coaching in England other than vindictiveness.
We can't have our cake and eat it. We have the right to try and force Wenger out of the club but Wenger can go where he wants afterwards (provided it's not to a direct rival of course). Even if people might joke otherwise, Everton is a level below us and I have no problem with Wenger trying his hand at managing them.

If I could choose for him though, I'd make him the national team manager for France. I reckon that would be a great fit for him.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
We can't have our cake and eat it. We have the right to try and force Wenger out of the club but Wenger can go where he wants afterwards (provided it's not to a direct rival of course). Even if people might joke otherwise, Everton is a level below us and I have no problem with Wenger trying his hand at managing them.

If I could choose for him though, I'd make him the national team manager for France. I reckon that would be a great fit for him.

Why not? If Wenger can go anywhere then why not to a direct rival? It is another thing that Wenger isn’t good enough for any of our “direct rivals” anymore but if Wenger can go anywhere then he sure as hell can go to Sp**s/United/Chelsea.

He will complete 69 this year, I think he is too old for the French NT job. However, he could go back to his origins and manage RC Strasbourg. Right now Strasbourg are just three points above relegation playoff position in the Ligue 1. It would be some achievement on Wenger’s part if he could take them from there into the top five in France.

The problem for me with wenger is yes he has done great things ie invincebles , and a few league trophies, fa cups , Emirates etc. But in reality he’s done more bad than good. How longs he been here ? 22 years. All the success came in his first 8 seasons. That means 14 years of nothing odd fa cup aside. And those odd fa cups are wiped away with some horrific results . League cup to Birmingham. The Bayern scores and the 8-2 I think to United ,those 2008-12 were brutal years and when I look back with real honesty Arsène inherited the best backline in Britain when he took over and never replaced them. Sure he had Campbell and Cole Lauren all brilliant. But look at them since, not one worldie defender bought. Just my opinion folks been a fan since 97

scytheavatar

Established Member
Can't believe how petty some of you guys are. If Wenger wants to manage Everton then good for him, we should all cheer and support him there. Maybe he'll win the league for them. Wenger is not Arsenal FC, no reason why he can't make his own career after us. Similarly no reason why we can't be successful after Wenger too. We need to make a clean break from Wenger and move on from him, he needs to move on from us too.

Hope

Less
Sacking wenger now lol. No chance. Won't happen. Can't happen. Foolish if happens.

As much as i think he should go,I would give Wenger a proper send off. Would give him a full season next year with a new dm and a back line.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Sacking wenger now lol. No chance. Won't happen. Can't happen. Foolish if happens.

As much as i think he should go,I would give Wenger a proper send off. Would give him a full season next year with a new dm and a back line.

And a new 3 year contract with that would be perfect. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom