• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Also at the age of 25 I've never experienced what it feels like to be this close to having the manager leave the club I support. I never broke a bone when I was a kid so I never got to have a cast on my arm or leg, I was always kinda jealous of the kids who did. I was almost tempted to break my arm just to get the cast. Reminds me of this situation; we're finally about to get our cast.

I think its the other way round, we're about to get the cast off. Finally!

Victarion

* Arsenal can officially no longer win the Premier League title. It is March 4.

* Arsenal have lost ten Premier League games this season. They have only ever lost more than ten in a full campaign under Arsène Wenger once (11 defeats, 2005/06).

* Arsenal have lost eight away Premier League games this season. Only West Ham, Huddersfield, Stoke, Everton and West Brom have lost more.

* Arsenal are 15th in a Premier League form table since January 1. Only Burnley (6), Huddersfield (6) and West Brom (4) have picked up fewer points (7).

* Arsenal have now lost five of their last six games in all competitions. By comparison, Manchester City have lost five of their last 53, Liverpool have lost five of their last 36, Chelsea have lost five of their last 29 and Manchester United have lost five of their last 23.

* Arsenal have lost eight games in all competitions in 2018 – the most of any Premier League side.

* Arsenal have lost four consecutive games for the first time since October 2002.

* Arsenal have 45 points after 29 games – the fewest they have ever had at this stage under Arsène Wenger, and the fewest overall since 1994/95.

* Arsenal are closer to bottom-placed West Brom (25 points) than they are leaders Manchester City (30).

* Arsenal are closer to Bournemouth in 12th (12 points) than they are Liverpool in second (15).

* Arsène Wenger has lost more Premier League games this season (10) than Pep Guardiola has since being appointed Manchester City manager in summer 2016 (7).

* Arsène Wenger has lost as many Premier League games this season (10) as Jose Mourinho has since being appointed Manchester United manager in summer 2016.

* Petr Cech kept his 199th Premier League clean sheet against Newcastle on December 16. He has yet to keep his 200th, conceding in each of the club’s subsequent 11 league games. It is Arsenal’s longest run without a clean sheet in the league since February 2002.

* Alexandre Lacazette is Arsenal’s top goalscorer (9). He has not played since February 10, has not started since January 30, and has not scored since January 20.

* Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal’s second top goalscorer (8). He left the club in January.

* Olivier Giroud is Arsenal’s third top goalscorer (7). He left the club in January.

* Of the current Arsenal squad, Aaron Ramsey is their highest scorer (53 goals). Mesut Özil (37) is second. Santi Cazorla (29) is third.

* Arsenal’s defeat to Nottingham Forest in January was Arsène Wenger’s first FA Cup third-round defeat. It was also only his second FA Cup exit to lower-league opposition in 39 games.

Arsenal goals conceded per game in Premier League
1.41 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
1.29 – 2011-12
1.17 – 1994-95
1.16 – 2016-17
1.13 – 1999-00
1.13 – 2010-11
1.11 – 2002-03

Number of Premier League games Arsenal have been behind in
20 – 2011/12
20 – 2006/07
20 – 1994/95
20 – 1992/93
19 – 1999/00
17 – 1995/96
16 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
16 – 2005/06
15 – 2012/13
14 – nine seasons

Number of Arsenal Premier League defeats
17 – 1994/95
16 – 1992/93
11 – 2005/06
10 – 2017/18 (with nine games left)
10 – 2011/12
9 – four seasons

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-2017-18-the-ridiculous-statistics

Lacaz1fan

Wenger's cryptic message today was begging for player investments. I sincerely pity Wenger. He's shouldering a lot for Arsenal. Take Wenger out of Arsenal and see us crumble to relegation level. I look at our players and honestly, the quality is low.
Cech is past it, back 4 is not it, dm midfield is being patched up. That is the trouser!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why are you laughing, the owner that used to own a part of arsenal wants him, this says more about the board and or owner. It also shows how much wenger is worth.
You may be right Usmamov like Wenger but difficult to see it happening

FreakySami

Well you've seen what Wenger's done/doing with this lot, how do you think he'd fair with Evertons squad? They'd be relegated by ****ing November!

I think if he had a squad that didn't change over the course of the year and bras spéculation over all his players, he would do well. The board with gazidis and Sven dismantled the squad ( not a bad thing ) but it was done throughout the season hence I would wager it ****ed all of the atmosphere at the club.

Gamefaced

Wenger is turd now, Kreonke is a joke of an owner, but they both can hit the exit simultaneously. Wenger buys players like Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi and picks the horrid teams with players like Iwobi. He chooses the non existent tactics, the obviously poor training methods and creates the laid back soft mentality. We have been going backwards for years, even through the FA cup wins which papered over cracks - the worst one being last year after a shocking season.
I don't care for the Wenger sentiment or justification of his poor performances as the man and his team's(plural as it's been years now) himself has no answer on the field. I've heard it for years and the only records he has set straight are the ones you don't want.

Pass pass pass pass.... Do one!
I've have lost respect for the man as he doesn't know when to leave and talks as if this is still 2004 and we're competing. Now we're competing with Burnley and taking regular beatings from teams of Burnley's level and worse.
When relegation fodder singing WE WANT YOU TO STAY! WE WANT YOU TO STAY! Arsène Wenger WE WANT YOU TO STAY! I think that should give you hints about the level of football we have been putting out.

My heart has sunk for the last 3 contracts he has signed, do you think I would care how he leaves? He don't know when to drop he mic and leave, so he needs to be booted off the stage.

I want him gone now so a new manager can possibly come in to work with the squad, start embedding new tactics from now and work out who he wants to keep and who he wants to get rid of. Start developing a new culture and galvanising the fans. If not I want him sacked to stop the toxic oozing out the Emirates.

Last edited:
The poll makes a lot more sense now.
150 votes for No and Only 15 votes for Yes.

That means for every unwise Gooner on this forum we have ten wise ones :)

It would be absolutely crazy if the 10:90 ratio on the poll ever changes again!

Note: One of those yes votes is from a Manchester United FAN @Juan Matas Beard and One is from a Manchester City FAN @A Lighter Shade of Blue
:rolleyes:
*polishes halo*

Just a joke, He's absolutely the wrong person for you now, bit like those annoying friends that come round and have a habit of staying too long, not taking the hint to go.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Just a joke, He's absolutely the wrong person for you now, bit like those annoying friends that come round and have a habit of staying too long, not taking the hint to go.

Yes. Wenger had overstayed his welcome. He should’ve left in 2016 when he finished second to fu¢king Leicester City!

How awesome would it have been for Arsenal if Wenger had left then and we'd have got Pep or Conte!

CanadianGooner1608

Hello A.M,

I've been reading the forums for a while, first time I post anything, and I'm pretty devastated to have my first post to be mostly negative.

I have been an Arsenal fan since I was old enough to enjoy football, 8 years old, and the first time I saw them was in a game against Manchester Utd. I was mesmerized by the speed of play, the pass accuracy, and the fact that this team seemed to really enjoy playing together.

Right there and then, without knowing the first thing about football, I fell in love with this club, and thus, Ubited became the first club I hated with a passion.

I have been a fan since then, and never stopped, through the good, the bad and the horrific, and I won't stop being one now that the time are as bad as they ever got.

Sadly, I believe Wenger's time has come. It had come three, or four years ago. I'm not saying it from a place of anger, I legitimately admire the guy for what he did for us. I just believe the times have passed him by and it's time for him to say goodbye.

I see a lot of anger on this forum, and I get it. Watching us play today makes me angry too, but I know deep down that we will climb back up, no matter if it takes a year or two or ten. We have to believe we'll pull through, stop attacking each other for our opinions, and just unite behind or club while keeping our critical minds.

Sorry for the long winded post, I'm really happy to have finally created my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom