• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
The Club and Wenger should have announced 2-3 seasons ago that he will leave in the end of that season. Everyone in the Club could have stood behind him and over-achieve due to that extra motivation to give Arsène a proper end to his Arsenal career.

say yes

forum master baiter
Its about showing respect to the man. When your nan starts ****ting the bed or ****ting on the dining room table, you dont just kick her out on her arse into the cold. You gently take her to an old age home, where they take good care of her.

No offence mate but this is absolute twaddle.

Wenger isn't a 'nan', and he's certainly not incontinent. He's an employee who we're paying millions of pounds to each year.

Do you not recognise the absurd irony in calling for Wenger to be shown respect, before comparing him to a decrepit old man who's incapable of taking care of himself? Ludicrous comparison.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Look, things are very very negative right now. And there is no guarantee that we wont be in this position again.

The issue I have is not even with Wenger being our most successful manager ever.

Its about showing respect to the man. When your nan starts ****ting the bed or ****ting on the dining room table, you dont just kick her out on her arse into the cold. You gently take to an old age home, where they take good care of her.

Oh wow! Wenger maybe your nan but he's certainly not my grandmother, or my grandfather for that matter. Or my father, or any relation to me whatsoever. He's an employee of the club that has generously and amply compensated him for his efforts, lacklustre though they were over the past 12 years. He is now and has been for the past 4 seasons a detriment to the club that pays his wages. When that happens, it's time for redundancy and a gold watch or statue or stadium stand in his name or whatever.
Thank you for your service, esteemed sir, and goodbye.

I'm sick and tired of people treating Wenger as though he were Martin Luther King, their mother, and Churchill all rolled into one, ffs.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
As a side note, people get way too emotionally invested in football players / celebrities.

Think this scene from A Bronx Tail nailed it: skip to 1.10 if you can't be arsed with with the first minute.

Enjoy his football, admire the way he handles himself in press conferences if you want, but this (utterly underserved) sense of loyalty to a man who literally doesn't give a **** about any of us is bizarre.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Apologies, I Might have missed the point you were making, but are you suggesting that Arsenal should treat Wenger as poorly as possible to try and force him out ?
If Wenger is incapable of recognising the obvious then I'd certainly recommend that they make it clear that his tenure is up and he could make life a lot easier if he jumped before being pushed.

If he digs his heels in then I expect the club to do the right thing and force his hand.

Having said that given recent noises about Wenger essentially setting his own timetable I see neither happening.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Look, things are very very negative right now. And there is no guarantee that we wont be in this position again.

The issue I have is not even with Wenger being our most successful manager ever.

Its about showing respect to the man. When your nan starts ****ting the bed or ****ting on the dining room table, you dont just kick her out on her arse into the cold. You gently take her to an old age home, where they take good care of her.
Normal people don't view the manager of their football club as if they're a member of their family. Also, Arsène Wenger wouldn't offer you the drippings off of his nose. I would hope your Nan cares about you a bit more and vice versa. Goodness me. Also curious that nobody ever calls into question why this relationship should be so one sided. "If you love something, let it go". Everyone and their dog can see that this guy is hurting the club. If he loved it, he'd leave rather than being selfish and making others clean up his soiled bed. If your nan did that she'd express shame and regret. Where's Wenger's?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Normal people don't view the manager of their football club as if they're a member of their family. Also, Arséne Wenger wouldn't offer you the drippings off of his nose. I would hope your Nan cares about you a bit more and vice versa. Goodness me.
You thOught Gotham was tough. South African grannies are hard-core

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You thOught Gotham was tough. South African grannies are hard-core
Admittedly mate I have no experience with South African grannies but I do have a Jamaican granny and and English nan with gypsy blood running through her veins so I wouldn't say I'm unfamiliar with tough. ;)

Preacher

Always Crying
Some people are cruel.

Wishing, that Wenger would become PSG manager. Did he not fail enough in your eyes ? Pressure and requirements in that club are in different stratosphere than here.

If he doesn't want to retired yet, he should choose a team at least similar level as Arsenal.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No offence mate but this is absolute twaddle.

Wenger isn't a 'nan', and he's certainly not incontinent. He's an employee who we're paying millions of pounds to each year.

Do you not recognise the absurd irony in calling for Wenger to be shown respect, before comparing him to a decrepit old man who's incapable of taking care of himself? Ludicrous comparison.

Why is it a ludicrous comparison? I dont get the irony you are stating above. Perhaps you could clarify?

Of course its about more than being an employee of the club. Why do we become emotional when our great players move onto other clubs? By your logic... they likely have paid back the money paid for them back to the club, and likely more. Value for money right? Why complain then?

Also why do we feel pride inside when our former players confess their love for Arsenal football club?

This is not a black and white situation (it actually is but more on that in a bit), where we trade money for services. There is a lot of emotion involved in being part of a football club. Heck the fact that many football supporters join and stick to clubs through thick and thin, "waste money" on season tickets should reinforce that fact.

Wenger needs to go, there is no question about that. But just because you feel you are in a stronger position, doesnt mean you get to treat him like ****.

The REAL irony of the situation here is that its exactly as you say... if Wenger costs the club he will be tossed aside, and unfortunately for us all he isnt costing us enough yet. He is STILL likely earning his 10 million a year overall and as a result still has a strong position at the club.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why is it a ludicrous comparison? I dont get the irony you are stating above. Perhaps you could clarify?

Of course its about more than being an employee of the club. Why do we become emotional when our great players move onto other clubs? By your logic... they likely have paid back the money paid for them back to the club, and likely more. Value for money right? Why complain then?

Also why do we feel pride inside when our former players confess their love for Arsenal football club?

This is not a black and white situation, where we trade money for services. There is a lot of emotion involved in being part of a football club. Heck the fact that many football supporters join and stick to clubs through thick and thin, "waste money" on season tickets should reinforce that fact.

Wenger needs to go, there is no question about that. But just because you feel you are in a stronger position, doesnt mean you get to treat him like ****.

The REAL irony of the situation here is that its exactly as you say... if Wenger costs the club he will be tossed aside, and unfortunately for us all he isnt costing us enough yet. He is STILL likely earning his 10 million a year overall and as a result still has a strong position at the club.

If you can't see why it's a ludicrous comparison - I found the comparison offensive frankly, not just ludicrous - then I give up.

Wenger is your granda, Meryl Streep is your nan, Henry is your brother from another mother, and Kylie Jenner is your sexy sister. Can I be your date next Christmas for the family dinner?

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Normal people don't view the manager of their football club as if they're a member of their family. Also, Arséne Wenger wouldn't offer you the drippings off of his nose. I would hope your Nan cares about you a bit more and vice versa. Goodness me. Also curious that nobody ever calls into question why this relationship should be so one sided. "If you love something, let it go". Everyone and their dog can see that this guy is hurting the club. If he loved it, he'd leave rather than being selfish and making others clean up his soiled bed. If your nan did that she'd express shame and regret. Where's Wenger's?

Look, I dont agree with your view and other views, but I respect your right to have them.

The reality now is that Wenger is running out of spaces to hide. The last years and their negativity is now too much to defend, and its only a matter of time before he is thrown out. I have no doubt in my mind about that.

For me, its going to be brutal to go through. We are going to crucify one of our own and the world is going to enjoy it. I sometimes wish we as supporters we can take a step back, or three and look at the entire picture. Look at the club as a whole now, and see the work that has been put in.

My wish is that it ends respectfully. Looking back from the future, these times (finishing 7th/8th, finishing below Sp**s, the humiliating victories, Europa League participation, inconsistencies) will mean nothing in the grander scheme of things.

If we dont handle this exit properly however, sacking Wenger be a black stain on our history in my opinion.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Would you say to Wenger’s face that he’s like your nan who can’t stop soiling the bed and needs to be looked after?

Do you think that Wenger would think it was a respectful thing to say?

That's a good point. :lol:

SA Gunner

Would you say to Wenger’s face that he’s like your nan who can’t stop soiling the bed and needs to be looked after?

Do you think that Wenger would think it was a respectful thing to say?

No, I wouldnt say he is soiling the bed like my late nan did.

I will ask him to explain to me why he thinks he is the best man for the job. And in that discussion I will point out to him why I think he is not.

I am almost convinced that he wont be able to convince me that he is the right man for the job. And Im ready to hear **** like Pep doping players, clubs buying referees, etc.

The real question for me is why no one in those positions do not publicise the questions that need to be asked. Even if we are completely wrong, at least having answers to our tons of questions would be enough.

SA Gunner

If you can't see why it's a ludicrous comparison - I found the comparison offensive frankly, not just ludicrous - then I give up.

Wenger is your granda, Meryl Streep is your nan, Henry is your brother from another mother, and Kylie Jenner is your sexy sister. Can I be your date next Christmas for the family dinner?

Im sure you realise that Im trying to use a metaphor here? ;)

I'm trying to point out the emotion involved, for me personally when it comes to Wenger.

Yes, I can appreciate that you dont share that sentiment, but I want you to understand the way I do. The way I feel we should.

Wenger will be gone in 12 months, I can bet you on that one. The point for me is how we do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom