• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longy

If he doesn't leave or get sacked it's going to end very badly for all involved.
AW
The board
The club
The players
The fans

We are simply watching a car crash in very slow motion at the moment.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah no, plenty of people here have questioned his quality as a person.

No. They questioned his love for the club and the fans. You can be selfish and deluded in your professional life but still be capable of kindness and charity.

No one is wholly bad or wholly good. This isn't DC comics, ffs. We all, ALL, have facets to our personalities. Some good, some bad. In the end we are all judged on which side outweighs the other.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No place for comparing him to Mugabe in any sense. Mugabe is a murderer ffs, if you can't see the problem with that then you have problems.

He is a dictator at Arsenal. His word is not questioned or disputed. He is lord and master there. By comparing him to Mugabe no one is suggesting he went around murdering tea Ladies and shoe boys.

You're looking for a strawman to hang your argument on, that comparison will not hold.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No one ever suggested he was evil or a ****ty human being. Just a ****ty manager. This kind of thing is not relevant to his job performance, or whether he should be sacked.

Being a nice guy is not a qualification.
Exactly. There are dozens of stories of Cristiano and Mourninho for example doing tons of work for sick children. They're both a couple of arrogant tossers in their professional lives though. When his good deeds off the pitch translate to some points on the pitch then maybe this kind of feel good stuff would have some relevance. You know a guy is failing miserably at his job when the PR fluff comes out.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No one ever suggested he was evil or a ****ty human being. Just a ****ty manager. This kind of thing is not relevant to his job performance, or whether he should be sacked.

Being a nice guy is not a qualification.

Who said it was?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
No. They questioned his love for the club and the fans. You can be selfish and deluded in your professional life but still be capable of kindness and charity.

Exactly. There are dozens of stories of Cristiano and Mourninho for example doing tons of work for sick children. They're both a couple of arrogant tossers in their professional lives though. When his good deeds off the pitch translate to some points on the pitch then maybe this kind of feel good stuff would have some relevance. You know a guy is failing miserably at his job when the PR fluff comes out.

I've been disappointed with him at various points probably from 2010ish on. The idea that we couldn't find a relative pittance to fund someone like Alonso or an upgrade on Almunia was a lot to stomach. Failing to invest properly and then watching Leicester win the league was the death knell. That along with the little digs at the supporters when he's come under criticism and the increasing arrogance paired with diminishing performances have turned me off. I used to think that he was a good manager and a good person who was maybe too principled for the modern game. Now I don't even think he's a good person. I think he's an arrogant, egotistical fraud whose luck has run out along with his class.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sloppy work from you @krengon . Notice the period before I where you quoted me. Why not include the full quote where it's clear that I'm talking about his conduct towards the fans which is of course me talking about him in a professional capacity. Did I accuse him of kicking puppies? Of course not. This is cowardly and you really should be ashamed of yourself. Instead of cherry picking to manufacture your little narrative maybe try more honest means. The lengths you folks will go to defend a flailing millstone on the club are truly sad. I wonder if he's got a little binder of praise full of posts from the sycophants of this forum like they've got for Trump when he throws a tantrum over criticism of his shambolic job performance.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Sloppy work from you @krengon . Notice the period before I where you quoted me. Why not include the full quote where it's clear that I'm talking about his conduct towards the fans which is of course me talking about him in a professional capacity. Did I accuse him of kicking puppies? Of course not. This is cowardly and you really should be ashamed of yourself. Instead of cherry picking to manufacture your little narrative maybe try more honest means. The lengths you folks will go to defend a flailing millstone on the club are truly sad. I wonder if he's got a little binder of praise full of posts from the sycophants of this forum like they've got for Trump when he throws a tantrum over criticism of his shambolic job performance.

I edited it with the full quote, I see no difference tbh, nor do I give a **** about what you think of Wenger as a person, not like I know him personally to know what he's like irl so you may even be right. That's not even close to the worst said about Wenger here either.

But english is not my first language, so if I misuderstood/misinterpreted you, my bad and I apologize.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No manager in his position has ever not had players letting them down. Players letting him and the fans down is how we got to be 13 points behind Tottenham and 33 points behind Man City, and that's always down to managerial flaws!

Yeah but Wenger's always had these flaws, the only difference is before our team had enough quality to go on winning runs that would placate us for a bit before the next collapse/run of **** form. City and Sp**s have better players than us in practically every position.

But these lot can't even get that run going, I hear a lot about how this is the best team we've had in years but it's not. There's a lot of chumps out there in our first 11, and no one like Cesc, RVP or Santi to make something happen or run the tempo of the team.

EDIT: Why do we have a swear filter? Aren't we all grown ups?

FreakySami

No manager in his position has ever not had players letting them down. Players letting him and the fans down is how we got to be 13 points behind Tottenham and 33 points behind Man City, and that's always down to managerial flaws!
That's not true at all, I think the problem is more board level.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's not true at all, I think the problem is more board level.
Bless you, Sami
8FxEa.gif

BobP

Memri Fan
Wenger has stayed long enough to go from hero to villian in this tale. But despite all that, he is still a club legend. Nothing can take that way from him.

When he is long gone, and the club is prospering on the field again... we will have a beautiful stadium, a team playing exciting, attacking football. We will be a club with an added global appeal and self sustainable...

Thanks to? Any guesses @Rimaal @Jury @BobP ?

Yeah you got it... Arséne Wenger ;)

Because we were some irrelevant speck on the footballing landscape before his arrival..:rolleyes:

Its about showing respect to the man. When your nan starts ****ting the bed or ****ting on the dining room table, you dont just kick her out on her arse into the cold. You gently take her to an old age home, where they take good care of her.

Ridiculous analogy but I'll bite:

I don't pay my nan millions of dollars to **** the bed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He is a dictator at Arsenal. His word is not questioned or disputed. He is lord and master there. By comparing him to Mugabe no one is suggesting he went around murdering tea Ladies and shoe boys.

You're looking for a strawman to hang your argument on, that comparison will not hold.

A dictator is a politician who has no boss and cannot be removed from office. Wenger is a football manager who has a boss and can be removed, he just hasn't been. Language matters, you can't just decide what words mean for yourself and misuse them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom