• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chami

Trump is 70 and running for arguably the biggest job in the world. Wenger appears to be fit and well so there are probably larger issues than age here.

Wenger has been eating the players diet for 25 years, barely, if ever, drink alcohol, and spend his life outside. He's not the average drink & red meat addict, english, manager. I mean he's probably the healthiest 67 year old out there

cannonade

Established Member
Imho, The Board's not going to ax Wenger. It's his decision if he takes on a new contract. He'll stay or go on his terms. He's still fit, motivated and hungry. If he wants the England job, he'll take it; if he wants to stay on at AFC he'll do that. If he's had enough, he'll do that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Trump is 70 and running for arguably the biggest job in the world. Wenger appears to be fit and well so there are probably larger issues than age here.

President's job is hardly as hands on as Wengers . There's much more to consider for him than just fitness . What makes you think he wants another 3 years ?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
President's job is hardly as hands on as Wengers . There's much more to consider for him than just fitness . What makes you think he wants another 3 years ?
Think you're underestimating the hard work involved in keeping that hairpiece looking good;)

I think Wenger is desperate to go out on a high, it's the way he's made. I'd be surprised if he took the England job or retired tbh.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think it really depends on how this season goes. If we win something substantial like the PL/CL then he'll be tempted to call time on his Arsenal career. Again if we crash and burn, think the fans will be demand change - and this includes a top four-cl round 16 combo. The only case in which I see him stay is if we're very close to winning stuff but miss it by a whisker. This could be a last fortnight title challenge, a CL semis/final appearance or a combination of both. He'll want to have another go at achieving these objectives, having a new manager come in and use the foundation he's built to win the titles which he couldn't, won't be a situation that'll appeal to him.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
How do we know other high calibre managers won't make themselves available once the Arsenal position becomes vacant? It's got to be one of the most lucrative positions in world football from a location, prestige and pay POV.

So is the man united job, but so far that has been a poisoned chalice.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I want Wenger to stay because he deserves to. Not because there's no other managers available. Like you can plan that anyway. One day managers look to be busy, the other day Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Conte etc. move in a short time. His squad looks the best in 10 years, let him deliver the goods now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think you're underestimating the hard work involved in keeping that hairpiece looking good;)

I think Wenger is desperate to go out on a high, it's the way he's made. I'd be surprised if he took the England job or retired tbh.

I don't think he's desperate to to go out on a high otherwise he would have taken some other job. He' s done plenty to be proud of , Arsenal is on a high .

He's always wanted to develop youth football and there is also Racing Strassbourg, which is a club he has always wanted to go back to .

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What?!
Klopp stayed seven years at Mainz 05 (after eleven years as their player before), and then seven more at Dortmund.

How is that short term? :lol:
Especially in this day and age where teams change mangers more than Ramsey changes his hair style.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

CuKosZUXgAAiW59.jpg:large

A poll today from a national newspaper.

My answer is of course I want him to continue, I want him to leave, ideally with a CL winner medal and I don't think we're in a position to do that this season. I do think we've a decent chance at at least challenging for the title and I think a good title challenge at the very least warrants him getting another few years after this season.

Goon_si

It's too early to judge. It should be done in january/february, to keep him focused on the job in the 2nd half. Having no decision could have a bad effect on him and our players. But until then, the jury is still out.

In all those years of suffering, when we were selling top players, I always hoped he stays until we can properly compete again. It seems that that time is now, he again can completely focus on football and not finances.

But I'd hold of on the new contract a bit more. If it continues like this, I'd extend him happily. Not only do we FINALLY seem to have the needed quality, fun and exciting football is also back, which to me is as important as trophies, if not more.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
No, he left because he saw he couldn't get them forward anymore.

And that still doesn't change the fact that he's no short term manager.

No, he left because he saw he couldn't get them forward anymore.

Just a fancy way of saying that he left because it got to hard for him to be able to manage his way out of it.

Anyway I'm not a fan of Klopp that is well documented on here. Lets not turn it to a thread about a manager that will never ever manage Arsenal. Thankfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom