• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
It's beyond a joke, reading back one of Gazidis' comments that the fans will ultimately decide upon Wenger's future.

How unbelievably thick and cowardly is that?
What is he getting paid for, if those that are paying (the fans) are to decide the future of the manager, when it all comes down to meeting tragets, evaluating success, honoring or criticizing his performance - a job the Board Members are there to do and paid to.

What the f...?
He is too busy following twitter and posting gifs and memes in Arsenal-Mania to bother about something so trivial as doing your job.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I, for one, would be over the moon if I saw a team with decent work rate, effort and passion.

Witnessing that from time to time would be much appreciated.

Or at least once a month.

Jesus Christ.....

Learning from mistakes and some determination and self belief would go a long long way. The talent is there... 2-10 makes us look a million miles from the likes of Bayern when in reality not even that much needs to be fixed it's just the same issues have been there for a decade so obviously won't be fixed.

The players have been overprotected, have no accountability and feel no threat to their position in the team. Ironically, if Wenger didnt mollycoddle them so much they wouldn't have these weird psychological problems.

It's such a frustrating situation, Wenger could easily fix things himself if he was less stubborn in his ways.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Not sure how George Graham got involved in this. That was a different era and it's totally irrelevant to how we move forward.

One can even wonder how relevant the way we played under Wenger is to how we move forward. Yes, played. We used to play great football and that's still the image many people who don't intensively follow the club have, but truthfully we haven't consistently played great football in a long time now.

Personally I think we just need to get with the times. Whether that is defensive, attacking or something in between is irrelevant. We need someone who knows how to put a strong, balanced side out, can make smart tactical adjustments, prepares the team mentally and improves and gets the most out of the players.

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
Don't know how people are still arguing this. Incredibly repetitive from both camps at this stage.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I, for one, would be over the moon if I saw a team with decent work rate, effort and passion.

Jesus Christ.....
I do miss the football we used to play more than I thought I would tbh. I'd love our future success to built on that, but it has to have a foundation just like the one Graham laid and Wenger benefited from when he arrived here, and if that means brutalising our way to a title first, I'll take it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was checking the names of the 77 who still want another 2-3 years of this and are still voting Yes in the poll. Wonder what it will take to make the 77 remaining to change their minds? Is there a line which cannot be crossed (out of top 4, mid table, relegation threatened, relegated)?

Clearly the results and Wenger's work still is impressive enough for them to remain in favour of more of last night as it will not go away. We have the same situation every year, which clearly then must be enough. I am honestly just wondering what it will take to change their minds. I am just baffled. Would be interesting to hear if there is some line that cannot be crossed.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

It's easy to dehumanize the prawn sandwich people as soulless bourgeoisies who just want a nice day out, but ultimately I find it hard to believe even they could enjoy watching the current Arsenal. Your Chelsea and Sp**s are constantly improving, will have more star power than us once Sanchez/Özil leaves us, if you don't care about supporting the club then why would you want to watch Arsenal FC play rather than Chelsea and Sp**s?

Well said. But that conflict of spirit isn't for any of us here, we're with this club through thick & the (as our current state suggests) quite disheaterningly thin. If there're those for whom loyalty is cheap, they're free to support either variety of evil.

All things are cyclical & Arsenal will prosper once again under a management that's as bold in it's approach as it is innovative.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Jesus Christ.....
Here here. I'm a big fan of those often under valued traits.

Passion is one of the few things that can unite a football fan with the modern day multi millionaire living in a bubble football player. The Ox in that regard has been thoroughly refreshing recently. Seems like he cares.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Seriously, Wenger was pointing at the first half, and rightfully so. We were indeed good in that half, up to the 50th minute in fact.
I see a lot of people bringing this up. Almost as some sort of consolation or partial defence of the players and manager. A decent 45 minute shift is not good enough. In fact, its the exact reason we can't compete for the CL and league title.

FreakySami

This game should have been a win if the referee did not screw is over like in the Barcelona game a few years back but people are no longer objective and not worth taking to to be honest.

We were true the better team

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This game should have been a win if the referee did not screw is over like in the Barcelona game a few years back but people are no longer objective and not worth taking to to be honest.

We were true the better team
Frightening that you believe that. The better team doesn't lose 5 - 1 on the night. The game was gone once they went two one up and if we shut up shop like any normal team you may have a leg to stand on. We were destroyed in the worst way. Pumped, leaderless and tactically inept in the second half. A good summary of Wenger's recent past.

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's beyond a joke, reading back one of Gazidis' comments that the fans will ultimately decide upon Wenger's future.

How unbelievably thick and cowardly is that?
What is he getting paid for, if those that are paying (the fans) are to decide the future of the manager, when it all comes down to meeting tragets, evaluating success, honoring or criticizing his performance - a job the Board Members are there to do and paid to.

What the f...?

Arseblog called it one of the worst comments he's ever heard from a CEO and I agree wholeheartedly with him.

It's so spineless and cowardly it's actually beyond comprehension. That the board think that they can abdicate their responsibility of actually, you know, running this ****ing club like a proper professional sports team is just...there aren't any words really.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I see a lot of people bringing this up. Almost as some sort of consolation or partial defence of the players and manager. A decent 45 minute shift is not good enough. In fact, its the exact reason we can't compete for the CL and league title.

Because it's a fact. No one said it was good enough, of course it isn't. You'll never win anything if you only perform at 50% (elections aside).

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We don't have a board.
They don't even care.

I'm very scared of what will happens when Wenger leaves even if it's so bad ATM.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I do miss the football we used to play more than I thought I would tbh. I'd love our future success to built on that, but it has to have a foundation just like the one Graham laid and Wenger benefited from when he arrived here, and if that means brutalising our way to a title first, I'll take it.
Yeah, true. I guess most us would love for us to play some sexy football again but for me as well its important we focus on results first for now.

Allegri for that reason would be a great choice if Wenger leaves. He gets results, is pragmatic, brave and unconventional as well as highly experienced with pressure. He could give us very strong foundations on top of what Wenger would leave behind.

Actually, I'm pretty happy that we get linked to Allegri frequently because I had this vision some time ago- Allegri for 3 to 5 years and then Montella(plays sexy footy) for the next 3 to 5 years. Gazidis spoke of following the Bayern way. That sort of planning, team building and management choices is what has built this monster of a club.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The first 50 mins last night were great, possibly the best football we've played all season. That doesn't change the fact that we lost this tie in the first game with an awful set up and performance. Why play 4-4-2 away from home against one of the best teams in Europe, it made no sense at all.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We don't have a board.
They don't even care.

I'm very scared of what will happens when Wenger leaves even if it's so bad ATM.

The board will start to care when we don't finish top 4. That's when the money coming in and the share value, drops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom