• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't agree that they are so much better but it highlights another reason why we've gone to ****, poor scouting/signings. Those players were signed for relatively inexpensive fees.

Whoever encouraged Arsène to go down the route of that moneyball data analysing **** needs their bollocks kicked in.

I f*cking hate analytics. Moneyball itself never actually worked. I don't mind statistics in support of the eye test but there's so many variables that go into a game of football purely basing an analysis of a spreadsheet is stupid.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It's way more than that. We have no idea what to do without the ball. And that boils down to one man's lack of preparation on the training ground
I agree the tactics are non existent i think the players want him gone because they know the game is up

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I f*cking hate analytics. Moneyball itself never actually worked. I don't mind statistics in support of the eye test but there's so many variables that go into a game of football purely basing an analysis of a spreadsheet is stupid.
Spot on. Analytics might work in other sports but there's too many other factors involved with football that don't get taken into consideration.

Axel9090

Do we actually have a squad that cant challenge for the title? I dont believe so. I think Simeone/Allegri can get the best out of this squad. Wenger has made it look like ****e. Obviously a couple of additions in the summer will also help massively when the new manager comes in.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He does. The players just aren't there. Mugs like Martial cost 1/3 of that 200M you mentioned.

The players aren't there? How can you say that when a bloke like Ousmane Dembele goes to Dortmund for 15M quid and is already a level above Theo/Welbeck despite being 19 yo.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

The players aren't there? How can you say that when a bloke like Ousmane Dembele goes to Dortmund for 15M quid and is already a level above Theo/Welbeck despite being 19 yo.

By that I meant the world class players.

As for Dembele, he's pretty inconsistent himself tbf. I've been watching Dortmund and as great as he can be at times as **** can he look.

We had Iwobi looking like a world beater as well, and were looking for the finished article such as Mahrez/Lacazette.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

By that I meant the world class players.

As for Dembele, he's pretty inconsistent himself tbf. I've been watching Dortmund and as great as he can be at times as **** can he look.

We had Iwobi looking like a world beater as well, and were looking for the finished article such as Mahrez/Lacazette.

I think we have to be a bit more bold with our transfer strategies. Playing it a bit too safe right now.

As for Dembele, of course he's going to be inconsistent - he's still a teenager. His dribbling ability alone would be massive on the right wing where frauds like Walcott/Welbeck stink it up.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I think we have to be a bit more bold with our transfer strategies. Playing it a bit too safe right now.

As for Dembele, of course he's going to be inconsistent - he's still a teenager. His dribbling ability alone would be massive on the right wing where frauds like Walcott/Welbeck stink it up.

No doubt mate. Guys like Ramsey, Walcott and Ox have been here for far too long without contributing or getting to the required level.

Came to think about the snake Cesc today, in hindsight we shouldn't have relied on Santi, and our other poverty options.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I agree the tactics are non existent i think the players want him gone because they know the game is up

I don't think the players want him gone since most of them may follow Arsène out of the door if he leaves. The next manager will keep a number of these guys around and will push them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom