• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

em9999

My rainbows
If he wants to stay past this season, we all have to accept it and pull together. Whether you hate it or not these protest will need to stop for the sake of Arsenal

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The amount of money Wenger has made arsenal in transfers and revenue I would actually suggest arsenal have underpaid him

When we have waste of space players like Walcott who have done f all for the club picking up obscene money

To pick at Wenger's wages is pathetic
Umm he's the manager not the CEO. Managers are supposed to win trophies not balance the damn books. And you're complaining about Walcott's wages while you heap praise on Wenger when WENGER IS THE ONE WHO GAVE HIM THE CONTRACT AND CONTINUES TO PLAY HIM. Do you see how silly that is?

em9999

My rainbows
I'm afraid I'm a staunch Wenger supporter but must admit I have come round to a alternative way of thinking over the last couple of months.

I just don't like the way it's being done protest and all.. I don't think it's right.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
It's easy to judge and blame Wenger but he isn't god he's made some serious mistakes.

But

I think what he has brought to club far outweighs any negative he's brought to club..

It's easy being a football manager for a fan because we over simplify how easy it is .. throw money at it, extra training, sack someone etc etc etc

I'm not saying he doesn't need to step down but

1.. let it happen in a respectful manner

2.. don't trust this board they are the root of all our problems

3.. don't think for one minute a new manager will fix this mess

This is going to get far far far worse before it gets any better

There are serious problems deep inside our club

I agree

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Seriously Wenger has been left in the position where this is falling on his shoulders every time we lose..

The owner doesn't even attend the games makes f all statements and leaves us guessing of the clubs intentions

If you blame Wenger for this mess fully your deluded

We have a owner with a well known record for f ing teams up
Wenger goes along with all these things. That's what you don't seem to get. If his situation was so terrible he'd leave. He hasn't because his situation is fantastic. He gets paid like a serial winner but doesn't have to do the winning part. Who would leave that situation? We have mediocre standards that he clearly is fully on board with and yet he's somehow a victim here? He could have left years ago for any number of clubs with more money but they'd actually expect him to deliver trophies and the safety of the nest where he'll never be sacked at the Emirates is more appealing than rightly being sacked when he underachieves. That's the problem with people who blindly defend him. You don't actually make sense because you're walking contradictions. He's this brilliant flawless manager who could have any job in the world, he's underpaid, he's in this horrible situation, he has no players, blah blah blah but then you can't explain why he stays in the first place, why he can't put together a squad when he's actually got money, why the players he has purchased don't fit together, why the players change and yet the same mistakes are present year after year.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I want Wenger to decide asap and let the decision to be known asap as well. Hopefully he is leaving and we can move ahead immediately with reaching an agreement with a new manager so he can start planning for next season already. And if we are making structural changes like appointing a DoF, we need to start immediately to not waste another season. We need the summer window to be about buying and selling players.

em9999

My rainbows
I take on board everything you said..

I'm just utterly depressed right now and don't know what to think anymore

em9999

My rainbows
I want Wenger to decide asap and let the decision to be known asap as well. Hopefully he is leaving and we can move ahead immediately with reaching an agreement with a new manager so he can start planning for next season already. And if we are making structural changes like appointing a DoF, we need to start immediately to not waste another season. We need the summer window to be about buying and selling players.

I have a feeling he will stay on for one more season to allow a transition phase. I believe Wenger loves arsenal fc and if he was leaving out of that love for the club he would have let it be known by now, to give us plenty of time to adjust.

I'm not against one more season but I don't think it will go down well amongst some

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

It's a shame that we've had to wait until our best players all want to leave (for what seems like the umpteenth time this decade) that we've finally got a realistic chance of ridding ourselves of Wenger.

As an example for some perspective, if we had signed Conte last summer and now had Alonso on the left, Hector on the right, Kante in the middle with Özil and Sanchez up top we'd have won the league at an absolute ****ing canter. It disturbs me that people still don't see this and still don't realise the potential of our club. That potential diminishes every year that we embarrass ourselves on the world stage though and let's be brutally honest, no serious operator will make a team that shipped 10 goals in a CL tie their primary choice if other big clubs are in for them.

We need to rid ourselves of this nonsense and bring in a proven manager who is youngish and ambitious. Not some fella who's best day came a decade or more ago.

em9999

My rainbows
It's language like rid yourselves of this nonsense, that makes me dislike Wenger outers. It's the choice of words I find disrespectful..

I'm not saying I disagree its just the wording perhaps it's me being pedantic

4R5Emaniac

I have a feeling he will stay on for one more season to allow a transition phase. I believe Wenger loves arsenal fc and if he was leaving out of that love for the club he would have let it be known by now, to give us plenty of time to adjust.

I'm not against one more season but I don't think it will go down well amongst some
I'm not against one more season either for transition but we need to get this DoF or new manager-even if it is a season too early- asap. But I fear Wenger could get sacked mid season if he signs an extension if results get worse under insurmountable pressure. I'd rather Wenger leave the club now or at least announce that he is leaving after the season so that we get time to use the transfer window to the best interest of the playing squad.

My old china.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

It's language like rid yourselves of this nonsense, that makes me dislike Wenger outers. It's the choice of words I find disrespectful..

I'm not saying I disagree its just the wording perhaps it's me being pedantic

The nonsense I was referring to is our defensive fragility and repeatedly losing our best players due to a lack of ability to compete. The facial expressions that Alexis pulls are no different from those that RVP was doing when he also had to watch avoidable goal after avoidable goal go in our net.

Maybe Wenger is an extension of this. But I wasn't referring to him directly. Sport moves on and it moves on fast. The idea that Wenger can cut it forever is long gone and watching him trying to prove otherwise is just sad.

I respect your opinions on here mate and I don't mean to sound patronising or antagonistic but try not to be too influenced by terminology and more by what you see on the pitch. I didnt like the Wenger Out brigade for what it's worth initially... but I think our opinion needs to be heard and this manager and board has proven all too willing to ignore the fans in the past. I wish that wasn't the case but it is.

em9999

My rainbows
We both love the club and want what's best for the club we just perhaps different views on the way forward

But as a fellow Arsenal fan totally respect your opinion

em9999

My rainbows
If the club was more prepared to listen to the fans we wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place.

The fans who are protesting feel opinion is being ignored and to a large extent it is.

People inside the club are like the players uncountable for their actions.. and it is no way to run a football club..

Yeah they will come out with a few tweets and after match interviews telling us all its unacceptable but they do **** all about putting it right

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Look @em9999 I think you're having a rough night and that's more than understandable.

I think the saddest thing for me is the amount of anger that is surrounding the club at the moment. It's exhausting and counter productive but I can completely understand where it's coming from because this is a result of years of frustration of seeing mistakes, and how we all think the club could be doing more to fix them but either acting far too late or in some cases not at all.

I'm so so angry with the club myself but of course love it all the same. I don't come on here spouting all this crap year after year because I don't care. We all do, we all want what's best for the club and see it ultimately become successful. That's why this predicament hurts as bad as it does.

I vow to anyone to go on YouTube watch some videos of some of Wengers teams from the first ten years of his tenure and not feel anything but huge love and admiration for the man and equally regret at where we stand today. Regardless of his now huge flaws the man is a giant of our club and we do not sack him. We just don't - we are Arsenal and that is not how we do or should do things.

4R5Emaniac

I don't think we would ever sack Wenger, my old China..

I think we could lose every game from now til end of season, have fan riots outside Stan Kroenke's house and he would still be in a job
We could if things went really bad and had no choice but I sure hope it doesn't go in that direction, my old china.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom