• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
mate, protests or not ppl will always take shots at opponents. I rather have them take shots at the protesters than use embarrassing thrashings we have received. Man utd 8-2 anyone? i couldnt live that **** down, my dad is man utd fan.
Disown your dad.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They will just hire another yes man, I do not trust this board to make a correct decision. Difference is this wrong decision and yes man will have a four to five year contract

I don't blame Wenger for this mess, he has been hung out to dry by the club
On what planet is being given full control and one of the highest wages of any manager on earth being hung out to dry? We should all be so lucky if that's what hung out to dry is. Good lord get some perspective son. People are starving to death and having their basic rights trampled on every day and you're moaning about poor old hard done by Wenger collecting a king's ransom for a pauper's results.

em9999

My rainbows
On what planet is being given full control and one of the highest wages of any manager on earth being hung out to dry? We should all be so lucky if that's what hung out to dry is. Good lord get some perspective son. People are starving to death and having their basic rights trampled on every day and you're moaning about poor old hard done by Wenger collecting a king's ransom for a pauper's results.

Seriously Wenger has been left in the position where this is falling on his shoulders every time we lose..

The owner doesn't even attend the games makes f all statements and leaves us guessing of the clubs intentions

If you blame Wenger for this mess fully your deluded

We have a owner with a well known record for f ing teams up

GDeep™

League is very weak

Paupers results? He done a magnificent job between 1996-2013, on and off the field. Met targets on the pitch, and helped balance the books off it.

8M seems rather cheap if anything.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Seriously Wenger has been left in the position where this is falling on his shoulders every time we lose..

The owner doesn't even attend the games makes f all statements and leaves us guessing of the clubs intentions

If you blame Wenger for this mess fully your deluded

We have a owner with a well known record for f ing teams up

You're right. We don't know anything about this club, what they tell us and what they do are two different things.

Wenger is the front man for it all.

em9999

My rainbows
The amount of money Wenger has made arsenal in transfers and revenue I would actually suggest arsenal have underpaid him

When we have waste of space players like Walcott who have done f all for the club picking up obscene money

To pick at Wenger's wages is pathetic

Definitely not supporting Wenger and some of his decisions and faith in sub standard players over the years, but have people conveniently forgotten that Chelsea and City have serious money available to them year after year, hundreds of millions which are pumped into them from outside the club i.e rich owners. Don't talk to me about Leicester, that was a one off. Yeah, we've increased our spending but we are still someway behind those two. That doesn't account for stupid defending etc but it's a factor when managing expectations. Seriously if we went out and bought Icardi, Vidal, Reus and Varane in the summer and were still fourth/fifth/third without improvement I'd drag Wenger out the stadium myself.

On another note, I'm not sure Wenger has as much control as people think over certain issues. Remember this was/is a club willing to lose the best left back in the world because they verbally offered him 60,000 a week and then said they could only give him 55,000. AW wasn't dictating those figures it was the board.

When RVP said he had a meeting with AW and he wasn't happy with the direction the club was going in. Basically saying "are you going to sign some decent players or what"? you think AW was choosing the direction or he was the puppet master.

Seriously should have gone after he won the second FA Cup but he's given a lot and wanted to turn it around. Who can blame him? Now, if I think I know how AW thinks, there is no way he will leave this club outside the top 4 and in this state. People are concerned if we get top 4/win the cup he'll want to stay. I think it's the opposite. If we don't, he's stay to turn it around.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stays a year for one more shot. Özil/Sanchez don't sign a new contract but stay. Then leave when he does on a free next year.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

mate, protests or not ppl will always take shots at opponents. I rather have them take shots at the protesters than use embarrassing thrashings we have received. Man utd 8-2 anyone? i couldnt live that **** down, my dad is man utd fan.

Yeah well , I've lived 6-1 in 2001 against United and 5-1 v liverpool when we had a great team and there was an intense rivalry . If you Dad is United why aren't you ?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
No one cares Richard. There wasn't a pot to piss in and the target was top 4 and CL money, Wenger achieved it.
They did at the time Graham. He could have had an extra title with someone better than Almunia. If he had won a title then, he'd be in a far better position now. I sympathise to a degree but it really wouldn't have taken much.

em9999

My rainbows
It's easy to judge and blame Wenger but he isn't god he's made some serious mistakes.

But

I think what he has brought to club far outweighs any negative he's brought to club..

It's easy being a football manager for a fan because we over simplify how easy it is .. throw money at it, extra training, sack someone etc etc etc

I'm not saying he doesn't need to step down but

1.. let it happen in a respectful manner

2.. don't trust this board they are the root of all our problems

3.. don't think for one minute a new manager will fix this mess

This is going to get far far far worse before it gets any better

There are serious problems deep inside our club

Hunter Zolomon

Yeah well , I've lived 6-1 in 2001 against United and 5-1 v liverpool when we had a great team and there was an intense rivalry . If you Dad is United why aren't you ?
i was adopted from a family of arsenal supporters. i joke.

My grand dad was an arsenal fan, i used to watch tv and football with him as a kid, so thats how i became a fan. One of my brothers supports man city out of spite and my other brother cannot decide if he is a liverpool or tottenham fan.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

i was adopted from a family of arsenal supporters. i joke.

My grand dad was an arsenal fan, i used to watch tv and football with him as a kid, so thats how i became a fan. One of my brothers supports man city out of spite and my other brother cannot decide if he is a liverpool or tottenham fan.

Ahh , good to see your'e carrying the torch:).

WhatAFC

The amount of money Wenger has made arsenal in transfers and revenue I would actually suggest arsenal have underpaid him

When we have waste of space players like Walcott who have done f all for the club picking up obscene money

To pick at Wenger's wages is pathetic
Wenger gave these waste of space players big contracts. He also created the worst pay structure in football that has strangled the club and will cost the club hundreds of millions if it ever gets corrected at all. So in no conceivable way has the man been underpaid because he made money on a few transfers.

em9999

My rainbows
My son told me last week that he likes Sp**s.. oh dear oh dear
Wenger gave these waste of space players big contracts. He also created the worst pay structure in football that has strangled the club and will cost the club hundreds of millions if it ever gets corrected at all. So in no conceivable way has the man been underpaid because he made money on a few transfers.

You have your negatives and I have my positives. What I dont want to do anymore is argue with my fellow Arsenal fans..

We do have overpaid players, every club has but financially over the last twenty years I think you will find it hard to argue Mr Wenger has put us in a bad financial position. It simply isn't the case

WhatAFC

My son told me last week that he likes Sp**s.. oh dear oh dear

You have your negatives and I have my positives. What I dont want to do anymore is argue with my fellow Arsenal fans..

We do have overpaid players, every club has but financially over the last twenty years I think you will find it hard to argue Mr Wenger has put us in a bad financial position. It simply isn't the case
Don't get me wrong, I have major respect for wenger and everything he's done for this club. However I can also see the things he's done wrong, I just think he's been extremely well paid for the job he's done.

In terms of the contracts he's dished out he has left us in a terrible position, why do you think we can never sell a fringe player? Because we give players wages that are far beyond what their ability should get them. So not only do we have to pay their over inflated wages till the ends of their contracts we also don't get any transfer fee.

em9999

My rainbows
I just hope after today's statement about he's made his mind up, that the club will have the courtesy to tell the fans.

We need to know and so do the players. If he wants to leave I'm actually all for letting him go to pastures new in the the international break and getting someone else in right now

We need to move on, staying or going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom