• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ah, yes, it's the annual Wilson/Cross list of players we'll pretend are Arsenal's no.1 targets all summer.

This time last year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-Arsène-wenger-plans-buy-7616461

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-to-bolster-fragile-defence-and-midfield.html

:lol: :lol:

Actually quite depressing digging up those. Just illustrates how the club/Wenger try and manipulate the fan base once the season has gone to ****.

Last edited:

KAB

Remember last season when we finished the league behind Leicester, all the fans goes mad. Then gone into transfer market tried to buy vardy and Mahrez, saying that we have money to spend where we had 200mil available to spent, and the fans then calm down.
We have been played around again and again every season

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The fall out between Wenger and Sanchez shouldn't be surprise. I have always felt that Wenger surrounds himself with a bunch of yes - men and falls out with anyone with a strong personality. The links below seem to prove my point.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-persie-told-wenger-which-players-to-sign-for

http://www.eifsoccer.com/articles/featured/investigating-arsenal-Arsène-wenger/

I will try and list down all the major fall outs. I seem to recall Wenger falling out with Viera because Viera advised Ashley Cole to ask for an extra £5000 a week in wages. Viera was swiftly sold on.

A few years after that Wenger fell out with Sol Campbell. I don't know why but my hunch is that Cambpell may have voiced an opinion. We know what happened to Sol after that.

We know Thiery Henry was competitive. He must have voiced his opinion about the quality or lack of quality in some players. By the way in 2005/6 season Thiery did say that Fabrigas does not suit the 4 - 4 - 2 formation. We know what happened to Thiery. A player of his quality sold on the cheap.

Gilberto Silva refused to convert to central mid and Wenger quickly got rid of him. There was Gallas of course, strong winning mentality. I recall how he would take it to himself to fire up players.

Fabregas, even though he owed so much to Wenger and Arsenal quickly decided to move on. Nasri, moved on too. Arshavin came to Arsenal as a good and motivated player. It soon became apparent to him that the club lacked ambition. He went on to play with no motivation as well.

Basically all the winners and good players quickly move on. Wenger is then left with the not so good ones who owe a lot to Wenger. So they can't argue or voice their opinions. He pays those players well too. How on earth has the club not realised that Theo, Ramsey, Giroud don't have the technique required to play at the top level. How many opportunities to get rid of these players have they missed? Ok these guys are good in some things, but hey Giroud can't even run 20m with the ball. Theo can't even manage 20 passes in 90 minutes against a week side let alone a strong one. Ramsey's first touch reminds me of Bedtner and yet he is a central mid fielder. I could add Coquelin, Welback to that list.
:lol: Dear God help us.

Why is it that you are made out to be the bad one because you expect to receive the best from what you pay for? Am I right to moan at a guy who just forked out a couple of hundred grand on a Ferrari f12 for not being happy with it, just because I drive a battered 1998 Ford Fiesta? "Well you should be grateful that you can even afford it". If you pay top dollar for something then you should expect to receive top quality. Is it fair to say then that us Arsenal fans are entitled to not be happy with what we pay for? Of course we are and don't let anyone dare tell you that you can't just because we're not a "smaller club" and that we should be grateful because we get to see our team play in Europe. Are we right at calling out Wenger on his tactics and his inability to take on the big teams anymore? Yes we are. Are we right to say "hang on a minute, how can he be able to decide when he leaves and not the people above him"? Yes we are. Yes he gave us our greatest times in the clubs history, he may well have prolonged the careers of Arsenal legends such as Tony Adams and Ray Parlour by a few more years, yes he changed the face of English football. But this is all in the past, and we respect that so much and thank him for it all. He took football to the next level and unfortunately for him other football teams caught up and over took and now football has changed its face again, which means Arsenal need to change their's. The Arsenal board don't have a ****ing pair of balls between them to drag Wenger in say to him "look you need to deliver a league title and actually push us to the semi finals at least of in the champions league" and why won't they? Because they don't love this club, all they care about is making a quick buck by sending us on these pointless Far East tours and qualifying for the champions league and getting through the knockout stage as it lines their pockets. They treat the fans like utter ****s as well, when you have them making comments like "thanks for your interest in our affairs", how we are "outsiders" and how they feel they don't have to tell the fans anything that's going on with the club. You're meant to have a connection with the fans because after all, we are the foundations of the club. Arsène is right for them, he delivers that, which you then have to question Wenger and wonder why he's happy to just go along doing that? Every season is the same, you can probably pick a random season from the last 10 and pull out a few news article from around this part of the season and you'll see the same thing. "Arsenal out of Europe" "Board say they have a £100m war chest". Boring stuff, from a boring and predictable club. We spend thousands every season, for that moment when the ball hits the net and we go apeshit and hug the nearest mean looking guy near us in celebration, and that's what it's meant to be about, results. It's the bread and butter of football and being a football fan. You leave the ground either ecstatic or bloody ****ing miserable. These players are a joke as well, they're millionaires living a pampered life playing a sport that we all love and who most pay to play. Would like them to do the trip with all the fans to Middlesbrough and back on the Monday night then get up on the Tuesday to go to work for 9am. Don't feel ashamed at letting them who run it know how you feel because at the end of the day none of them will ever have a ****ing clue how it feels to be a fan all they're concerned about is making money.

silky_shava

The squad is only half the problem. New players can come in but if Wenger continuous to play without any kind of discipline or team tactics we will have the same old results. Most teams have worked out how to play against and Wenger is clueless to do anything about it.

Wenger's motto 'go out and express yourself ' without the players knowing what they are supposed to be doing is outdated. The WBA game was perfect example of this. Unfortunately the game has moved on most of the new managers are tactically astute while his stuck in his own ways.

Time to move on...

mm76

Yer Da
The squad is only half the problem. New players can come in but if Wenger continuous to play without any kind of discipline or team tactics we will have the same old results.

exactly - we might as well close that whole 'transfer rumours' section becuase it just doesn't matter as long as Wenger's there

argon__

This time last year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-Arsène-wenger-plans-buy-7616461

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-to-bolster-fragile-defence-and-midfield.html

:lol: :lol:

Actually quite depressing digging up those. Just illustrates how the club/Wenger try and manipulate the fan base once the season has gone to ****.

To be fair, I don't think
The squad is only half the problem. New players can come in but if Wenger continuous to play without any kind of discipline or team tactics we will have the same old results. Most teams have worked out how to play against and Wenger is clueless to do anything about it.

Wenger's motto 'go out and express yourself ' without the players knowing what they are supposed to be doing is outdated. The WBA game was perfect example of this. Unfortunately the game has moved on most of the new managers are tactically astute while his stuck in his own ways.

Time to move on...

Couldn't agree more. Tbf, I have seen Wenger tried a few new things this year, but it hasn't worked out for him unfortunately (not at all).

I feel this pretty much sums it all up...

Results against top 5 last 3 PL seasons:

4/26 - W
11/26 - D
11/26 - L

those 4 remaining are Liverpool, United, Tottenham, and City. I don't see us taking points from any of those atm :O

Preacher

Always Crying
Img courtesy of Arseblog
kroenke_and_smithers.jpg

So to sum up what we've heard last couple days:
  • Club adamant final decision will be mutual
  • Wenger will stay on, he thinks he can turn it around
  • Wenger believes he can reinvent himself to get Arsenal back to the top and take to the next level
  • **** Law, Primorac and all old dogs will stay on, rumours were wrong
  • In the longer term maybe we will have a director of football, maybe not
  • There will be a major shake-up of the squad, big changes behind the scenes
  • Potential departures of both Özil and Alexis
  • Summer warchest, top transfer targets
  • People who want change are just a vocal minority with Twitter accounts.
Yeah this is not gonna end up well, but I have to say Arsenal's PR department is on fire recently:
impressed.gif

Last edited:

happyhappy

At least his motto is working, the players are expressing all their negative vibes out there.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The clubs PR dept can go and jump off the nearest cliff. Not falling for this crap again. Why let your 2 best players go because of your pride and your mismangement of already made world class players. This just proves how rubbish as manager he is these days. Pathetic!!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm less obsessed than many fans about winning stuff - I just want to enjoy watching Arsenal play, and not be bored to death by years more of groundhog days, and I can see a positive in that the timing for a thorough overhaul for a one year final push is good, given that so many players have less than two years left on their current contracts

A massive boot sale in the summer, and a major spending spree would at least bring us some excitement for 2017/8

scytheavatar

Established Member
A massive boot sale in the summer, and a major spending spree would at least bring us some excitement for 2017/8

Problem is, which top class player would want to join us in the summer? A club that is losing its 2 best players and has a manager who is increasingly becoming a joke? People talk about Mbappe joining us, but why would he want to leave a Monaco that is on the ascendance for a club that's on its way down?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why is it that you are made out to be the bad one because you expect to receive the best from what you pay for? Am I right to moan at a guy who just forked out a couple of hundred grand on a Ferrari f12 for not being happy with it, just because I drive a battered 1998 Ford Fiesta? "Well you should be grateful that you can even afford it". If you pay top dollar for something then you should expect to receive top quality. Is it fair to say then that us Arsenal fans are entitled to not be happy with what we pay for? Of course we are and don't let anyone dare tell you that you can't just because we're not a "smaller club" and that we should be grateful because we get to see our team play in Europe. Are we right at calling out Wenger on his tactics and his inability to take on the big teams anymore? Yes we are. Are we right to say "hang on a minute, how can he be able to decide when he leaves and not the people above him"? Yes we are. Yes he gave us our greatest times in the clubs history, he may well have prolonged the careers of Arsenal legends such as Tony Adams and Ray Parlour by a few more years, yes he changed the face of English football. But this is all in the past, and we respect that so much and thank him for it all. He took football to the next level and unfortunately for him other football teams caught up and over took and now football has changed its face again, which means Arsenal need to change their's. The Arsenal board don't have a ****ing pair of balls between them to drag Wenger in say to him "look you need to deliver a league title and actually push us to the semi finals at least of in the champions league" and why won't they? Because they don't love this club, all they care about is making a quick buck by sending us on these pointless Far East tours and qualifying for the champions league and getting through the knockout stage as it lines their pockets. They treat the fans like utter ****s as well, when you have them making comments like "thanks for your interest in our affairs", how we are "outsiders" and how they feel they don't have to tell the fans anything that's going on with the club. You're meant to have a connection with the fans because after all, we are the foundations of the club. Arsène is right for them, he delivers that, which you then have to question Wenger and wonder why he's happy to just go along doing that? Every season is the same, you can probably pick a random season from the last 10 and pull out a few news article from around this part of the season and you'll see the same thing. "Arsenal out of Europe" "Board say they have a £100m war chest". Boring stuff, from a boring and predictable club. We spend thousands every season, for that moment when the ball hits the net and we go apeshit and hug the nearest mean looking guy near us in celebration, and that's what it's meant to be about, results. It's the bread and butter of football and being a football fan. You leave the ground either ecstatic or bloody ****ing miserable. These players are a joke as well, they're millionaires living a pampered life playing a sport that we all love and who most pay to play. Would like them to do the trip with all the fans to Middlesbrough and back on the Monday night then get up on the Tuesday to go to work for 9am. Don't feel ashamed at letting them who run it know how you feel because at the end of the day none of them will ever have a ****ing clue how it feels to be a fan all they're concerned about is making money.
What's funny is most pro-Wenger fans will tell you how football is a business and to be realistic... Well that must mean the fans as consumers, have rights then? Oh no... errm....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Problem is, which top class player would want to join us in the summer? A club that is losing its 2 best players and has a manager who is increasingly becoming a joke? People talk about Mbappe joining us, but why would he want to leave a Monaco that is on the ascendance for a club that's on its way down?
We'll have to offer them wages we apparently can't afford to pay them, with no CL on offer. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is it official that Wenger is staying and Özil and Sanchez are leaving?
Alexis is gone gone gone! And if we wanted to keep Özil with no CL to offer him, he'd want 300k a week imo, so that's a big problem. CL was the minimum requirement for Özil to stay imo. Now that looks unlikely, he'll reluctantly have to look for another club. That's my take on it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
All very well speaking about a squad overhaul but once you've got rid of players you're going to need to spend about £200m replacing them. That's never happening. In any case if the squad needs an overhaul it should be a new manager doing it, not someone who is going to be here for two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom