• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Something has gone very wrong with us and the Ligue 1 in recent years, seems to me that Gilles Grimandi is nicking his living and has lost his ability to find talent in the Ligue 1. Either way if we are linked to a Ligue 1 player you know chances are it's complete BS.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What exactly are you saying here?

The man is an exemplary human specimen who needs his regimen monitored so we might concoct a super elixir from it thereby gaining
longer life?

Or that we're scheduled to win the premiership in 35 years time?

I fervently hope it's the former :lol:

I thought about this post a little after I made it.

Then I remembered, I forgot to add that Im NOT referring to his ability to stay on for that time :lol:

I still believe Wenger needs to step down at the end of this season, from his first team responsibilities at least.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But Liverpool knew not to bid +1. In fact every single other football club out there has known not to bid +1 on a player with a RC let alone a secret one.

This isnt Ebay where you are trying to snipe an auction at the death. We bid 30m, but they wanted more. We bid 35m, but they valued him more. We bid 40m+1 and we were laughed out of negotiations and rightfully so. We played our hand bidding the cheeky +1.

God it was soo sooo small time. Couple this with our other well documented failing in the transfer market and it amazes me that the club the size of Arsenal pay such idiots to handle things.
Agree with 007 here. Suarez' agent was too blame for misinterpreting the clause but we're idiots for being the first club in history to actually bid £1 over the release clause. It would have been smarter to match it rather than go a pound over.

We weren't meant to know about the clause, it was very 'rookie' of us.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Agree with 007 here. Suarez' agent was too blame for misinterpreting the clause but we're idiots for being the first club in history to actually bid £1 over the release clause. It would have been smarter to match it rather than go a pound over.

We weren't meant to know about the clause, it was very 'rookie' of us.

I thought the clause was an offer in excess of £40m, hence the bid.
His agent is completely to blame, what sort of a f*ckwit inserts a clause into a contract without understanding what it is.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Any news when we will hear about Wenger having signed his new deal? Are we just waiting for a couple of wins so he can come out with the news?

Feel that if he was leaving we would have heard it by now I would venture to believe.

Any rumours?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I thought the clause was an offer in excess of £40m, hence the bid.
His agent is completely to blame, what sort of a f*ckwit inserts a clause into a contract without understanding what it is.

His agent did his job to look out for his client's interest, he got Suarez a wage rise at Liverpool and a tasty transfer to Barca. He took us for a ride and Wenger is the f*ckwit for thinking he could get Suarez on the nick and dime.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Any news when we will hear about Wenger having signed his new deal? Are we just waiting for a couple of wins so he can come out with the news?

Feel that if he was leaving we would have heard it by now I would venture to believe.

Any rumours?
Club are waiting for a win first, if we beat City on Sunday they'll have a statement out within a day.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm sorry to harp on about the Suarez topic, but I have to say its obvious why we bid 40M+1. So that we make sure in no uncertain terms that we were triggering the release clause and it wasn't a normal bid. This was meant to trigger the release clause in his contract. A 41m bid could've been interpreted as a run of the mill bid, but we intended to convey that we were aware of the release clause, which I'm sure Liverpool were trying to keep hidden. Liverpool acted like dicks by denying the whole thing, we should've taken them to court.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The club might should just end the speculation by announcing the new contract in the next few days. There's never going to be a 'good time' to do it so why keep everyone in suspense.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The club might should just end the speculation by announcing the new contract in the next few days. There's never going to be a 'good time' to do it so why keep everyone in suspense.
Here is hoping Wenger is happy to sign but the club are waiting on top four being secured. Basically giving an ultimatum Wenger has to beat all his rivals and show he can deliver.

Meanwhile look at Peppa Pig tuck into that pie in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom