• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Yeah, but he got the FA cup.

I'm not saying I'm personally going to do anything, and I don't believe fans on twitter or at the ground with protests can do anything.

But when the stadium turns, and I believe it will, there is only so long and so much him and the team can take. If it gets bad, I can't seem him lasting two years. It will be a mutual agreement.

I absolutely love Wenger but the modern game has passed him by, in my opinion. When I watch football acrosss the continent it strikes me just how much more astute every big team is than us.

It's no coincidence that every single world class player that we have had this decade has abandoned him. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, lads. Enough is truly enough.

And yes, I know this happens every year with people throwing their toys out of the pram. But another thing that happens every year is Arsenal failing to mount a title challenge - so maybe we have a point?

It's okay to win Cups because we can beat anyone on our day but league titles are founded on a solid defence. Wenger doesn't care about goals conceded, he just wants to outscore. Kurt Zouma was as good as 4 goals yesterday for Stoke.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yawn

Listen mate, I've been on this forum a while and know how it works. We win 8 first team games on the trot, including a Cup Final, a Community Shield against teams like Chelsea, and United and everything's quiet.

One loss and the forum gets temporarily full of angry f***s who come on here to vent. Everyone loses their sh*t, the players are all f****, Wenger's clueless, it's Groundhog Day etc etc. Then a couple days after, the rational intelligent conversation starts.

Those 8 wins, Cup final etc is all well and good but it just papers over the cracks. You can't expect us to forget the years of terrible performances, knowing another one is inevitable because we on 8 games to make us end up 5th.

You paint this picture of Arsène being a martyr that has to cater to ungrateful fans who don't recognize his brilliance. It''s simply not true, Arsène can't build a team to play consistently over a season, he hasn't been able to do it for years and you know this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those 8 wins, Cup final etc is all well and good but it just papers over the cracks. You can't expect us to forget the years of terrible performances, knowing another one is inevitable because we on 8 games to make us end up 5th.

You paint this picture of Arséne being a martyr that has to cater to ungrateful fans who don't recognize his brilliance. It''s simply not true, Arséne can't build a team to play consistently over a season, he hasn't been able to do it for years and you know this.
We were a lot better than Stoke and if the officials had done their job properly we wouldn't be having this conversation. Lacazette's goal would have stood in any other game. Penalties are lotteries.

We thrashed Stoke 4-1 in May with the same manager. It makes no sense that he was good then and sh*t now. The lads were below par yesterday but they did enough to get at least a draw. And a draw on a rainy night away at Stoke keeps you in the race. But that's football

BigPoppaPump

It makes no sense that he was good then and sh*t now. The lads were below par yesterday but they did enough to get at least a draw. And a draw on a rainy night away at Stoke keeps you in the race. But that's football

I agree that we were better yesterday but the problem is we only 1 have goal scorer playing, it's ridiculous that only 1 of our front 3 has any finishing ability and it's his second game for Arsenal.

It's not about being good then and being **** now. It's about Arsène going into the season unprepared for the umpteenth time, gambling with unfit players, not improving our team with better players and still giving chances to players who aren't good enough.

I agree with what you say about squad cost, but Arsène doesn't make it easier for himself with some of the decisions he makes.

BobP

Memri Fan
Buckle up guys, there's 2 more seasons of this left, and maybe more after that.

Key is to just numb yourself to it all. What happens is rarely a surprise so its easy to brace yourself for disappointments.

Just pray that things don't completely go to **** between now and Wenger's departure.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's about Arséne going into the season unprepared for the umpteenth time, gambling with unfit players, not improving our team with better players and still giving chances to players who aren't good enough.
Fully agree with this. Arsène s biggest weakness.

But that's not what lost us the game yesterday. Ramsey was fit for a change. But he an Xhaka didn't play anywhere near as well as they did against Cheksea in the Cup. The passing was comparitively poor and Ramsey less disciplined. We still did enough though.

BigPoppaPump

Fully agree with this. Arséne s biggest weakness.

But that's not what lost us the game yesterday. Ramsey was fit for a change. But he an Xhaka didn't play anywhere near as well as they did against Cheksea in the Cup. The passing was comparitively poor and Ramsey less disciplined. We still did enough though.

What lost us the game yesterday is the fact that we only had 1 player in the front 3 that could finish, Welbeck had loads of chances but can't strike a ball cleanly this is common knowledge. It goes under "still giving chances to players who aren't good enough", I know we're waiting on Alexis but he doesn't even want to be here!

I assume the reason Ramsey was so undisciplined yesterday was because he was given instructions to help the attack since Özil doesn't ever shoot and Welbeck can't kick a ball. Ramsey was our only other half decent finisher.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What lost us the game yesterday is the fact that we only had 1 player in the front 3 that could finish, Welbeck had loads of chances but can't strike a ball cleanly this is common knowledge. It goes under "still giving chances to players who aren't good enough", I know we're waiting on Alexis but he doesn't even want to be here!

I assume the reason Ramsey was so undisciplined yesterday was because he was given instructions to help the attack since Özil doesn't ever shoot and Welbeck can't kick a ball. Ramsey was our only other half decent finisher.
That's harsh. Welbeck is doing his usual but Lacazette had only played a few games and is scoring well. That finish was emphatic yesterday and a 'heel' offside is ridiculous. Think the lad was a good buy.

And Girouds goals to minutes ratio is very good, he would normally have tucked that last chance away.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Buckle up guys, there's 2 more seasons of this left, and maybe more after that.

Key is to just numb yourself to it all. What happens is rarely a surprise so its easy to brace yourself for disappointments.

Just pray that things don't completely go to **** between now and Wenger's departure.

He's right, this is nothing, you think now is bad, you wait until next summer when we got no CL football, Özil is gone, Alexis is in a City shirt, Ox in a Chelsea shirt and Wenger is being a **** about his next contract again..

All this needs to be sorted before Aug 31st or we are going to be dragged through the most disgraceful season we've ever had.

It is difficult being an Arsenal fan right now, the on pitch activity is hard enough to stomach but it is no comparison compared to off the pitch where it is truly disgraceful.

We have become such a joke.

BigPoppaPump

That's harsh. Welbeck is doing his usual but Lacazette had only played a few games and is scoring well. That finish was emphatic yesterday and a 'heel' offside is ridiculous. Think the lad was a good buy.

And Girouds goals to minutes ratio is very good, he would normally have tucked that last chance away.

Lacazette was the 1 player in our front 3 yesterday I was talking about, I agree he's playing well and Giroud wasn't starting. Welbeck's usual isn't at the level of Arsenal and Özil doesn't even try to get in goal scoring positions.

Giroud goals to minutes ratio is good but his finishing is erratic, he has games where he misses every chance presented to him.

Though I don't think finishing chances will be a problem one we have Alexis back, Welbeck is the problem here.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Would so love to see what another manager could make of the fantastic resources available at this club.

Hope they have live football in heaven. Looks like the only way I'll see it now.

Only joking.....I'm not going to heaven people.....

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

• Has 4/5 of his CB's fit, plays only 1 and plays 2 fullbacks at CB.
  • Refuses to drop one of Ox/Bellerin/Kolasinac so plays two of them out of position to fit them in.
  • Plays Bellerin at LWB and Ox at RWB, when they were both excellent on the opposite sides in the cup final.
  • Plays Welbeck for the full 90 after he misses 4 good chances.
  • Subs Lacazette off for Walcott when we need a goal.

KAB

It is a bit weird situation in our team. We have America best player, World cup winner, Euro finalists few English and other countries' best players, 37 goals striker. What had gone wrong, the result just wasn't there.

Dynamic

• Refuses to drop one of Ox/Bellerin/Kolasinac so plays two of them out of position to fit them in.
  • Plays Bellerin at LWB and Ox at RWB, when they were both excellent on the opposite sides in the cup final.
  • Replaces Xhaka off for Iwobi when we got 5 strikers on the pitch and no one to create from midfield.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Judge him in May.

Reactions: KAB

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Judge him in May.

Really?

This is one of the reasons we go into seasons unprepared all over the pitch because people allow him to do it. Then the next season we spend the summer playing huge catch up to fix problems from 12 months before.

He can be judged on multiple years; all these contract saga's, all the dross he has purchased and tied down to long contracts, the constant whippings by big clubs, that summer he only signed Cech, the lack of defending properly, players played out of position, square pegs in round holes, Theo's 10years, can just go on and on.. ;)

We are the new 'banter' club of the world now, even f***ing African experts are laughing at us lol!

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Really?

This is one of the reasons we go into seasons unprepared all over the pitch because people allow him to do it. Then the next season we spend the summer playing huge catch up to fix problems from 12 months before.

He can be judged on multiple years; all these contract saga's, all the dross he has purchased and tied down to long contracts, the constant whippings by big clubs, that summer he only signed Cech, the lack of defending properly, players played out of position, square pegs in round holes, Theo's 10years, can just go on and on.. ;)

We are the new 'banter' club of the world now, even f***ing African experts are laughing at us lol!
Go support City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom