• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergkamp120

I'm honestly numb to it all now. Seeing Kolasinac at CB while Ox is at LWB and Lacazette being subbed off instead of Welbeck would have made me very angry a few years ago but now I just think to myself "whatever that's Arsène".

nick gould

Wenger was deeply disappointed and angered by how the fans treated him after everything he has given to Arsenal. It occurred to me watching the game last night that what if he wants to get his revenge against the ungrateful fans. Two year contract is all he needs for his plan. First season get Arsenal finish in a bad position or get them relegated. He then pleads with the owners to give him a chance to turn things around or get them back to premier league, messes things up big time and gets them to league 1. Revenge plan achieved. Wenger laughs out loud while the Wenger out fans cry out loud.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger was deeply disappointed and angered by how the fans treated him after everything he has given to Arsenal. It occurred to me watching the game last night that what if he wants to get his revenge against the ungrateful fans. Two year contract is all he needs for his plan. First season get Arsenal finish in a bad position or get them relegated. He then pleads with the owners to give him a chance to turn things around or get them back to premier league, messes things up big time and gets them to league 1. Revenge plan achieved. Wenger laughs out loud while the Wenger out fans cry out loud.
:lol:

Tywin

Wenger is having a laugh. He's had more support than any manager I could think of and he's had 2 decades to build and rebuild and rebuild the team. He's had money to spend which he refused to use. He refused to sign Xabi Alonso because it would have killed Denilson and Diaby, turned down Higuain because it cost a few mil more and stuck with Almunia/Fabianski for years when we had more than enough money to replace them with better players.

Everyone knows what he did for Arsenal in the past and he is rightly and Arsenal legend but for the last 5-6 years he's made so many mistakes that have cost us. Hoarding the cash while player price inflation was going out of control was a fkin stupid thing to do as well. Wenger used to say prices were crazy 4-5 years ago yet they have tripled now and he missed the opportunity to buy back then.

He's simply lost his magic touch and sadly for us all he doesnt want to accept it.

Gursha

Cant wait to read Arsène Wengers book once he retires (hope he'll write one)
Many of us considering the failure to be from 2006/7, while i think the failure years were only from 2013 ish.
in the last 4-5 years we no longer had our financial restrictions (presumably) and only in those years i consider AW as a failure.
wonder if he really thought his teams are good enough? or he is just wearing his elephant skin every press and interview...

I used to believe that... he cant be that stubborn, that blind, that faithful to players that are just average beyond the 1-3 odd WC games they produce... he surely tear them down at the dressing room, he must see our deficiencies.
and i admired him for being that strong, taking all the flak.
but that admiration was only cause i knew he is telling the players something else entirely, all those lame excuses and blames are just media rubbish.
4-5 years ago, i had a slight feeling, maybe he really thinks and believes what ever he says the press?
maybe he does think leaving WC players to their last year is "ideal" maybe he does think the refs cost us the game even tho you can see every other top team wins despite those ref mistakes, maybe he does think gibbs, walcott and welbeck are top top quality.
maybe the reason we are a stepping stone to players cause they know they can play freely in our first team as long as they know what to say to him to keep their place and gain his faith?

I mean the quotes we got over the years, is nothing short of embarrassing... i really dont know whats going on in that mans head. and i fear he really thinks and believes all the things he says on presses...
i really want to see what he has to say about those years when he retires...
cause its driving me crazy.

say yes

forum master baiter
This season is all on Wenger, whichever way it goes.

We had 4 fit CBs available against Stoke. Wenger chose to start only one of them, with our LWB signing slotting in back there and an out of form RB tasked with providing width in his place.

No more excuses. If he doesn't rate our CB options then he should have signed someone there. The same goes for Ramsey's positioning.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This season is all on Wenger, whichever way it goes.

We had 4 fit CBs available against Stoke. Wenger chose to start only one of them, with our LWB signing slotting in back there and an out of form RB tasked with providing width in his place.

No more excuses. If he doesn't rate our CB options then he should have signed someone there. The same goes for Ramsey's positioning.
I dont understand his reasoning everyone can see it but he cant!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Let's finish as I started.

From 1996-2006, Wenger was superb. From 2006-2013, Wenger was phenomenal, his best work. Since then, probably average, given he has won a few cups. Just flattening that in recent years our league campaign has died before it's even got started and we've not competed in Europe.

IslingtonBornandbred

Cant wait to read Arséne Wengers book once he retires (hope he'll write one)
Many of us considering the failure to be from 2006/7, while i think the failure years were only from 2013 ish.
in the last 4-5 years we no longer had our financial restrictions (presumably) and only in those years i consider AW as a failure.
wonder if he really thought his teams are good enough? or he is just wearing his elephant skin every press and interview...

I used to believe that... he cant be that stubborn, that blind, that faithful to players that are just average beyond the 1-3 odd WC games they produce... he surely tear them down at the dressing room, he must see our deficiencies.
and i admired him for being that strong, taking all the flak.
but that admiration was only cause i knew he is telling the players something else entirely, all those lame excuses and blames are just media rubbish.
4-5 years ago, i had a slight feeling, maybe he really thinks and believes what ever he says the press?
maybe he does think leaving WC players to their last year is "ideal" maybe he does think the refs cost us the game even tho you can see every other top team wins despite those ref mistakes, maybe he does think gibbs, walcott and welbeck are top top quality.
maybe the reason we are a stepping stone to players cause they know they can play freely in our first team as long as they know what to say to him to keep their place and gain his faith?

I mean the quotes we got over the years, is nothing short of embarrassing... i really dont know whats going on in that mans head. and i fear he really thinks and believes all the things he says on presses...
i really want to see what he has to say about those years when he retires...
cause its driving me crazy.

I think I actually finally turned last year. I sat in the North Bank Upper only two years ago, listening to a guy going crazy. Going crazy at everyone, saying "look around you, Wenger's done etc", and I just thought what a ________!

Now you just have to look at it and say, enoughs enough. The man can't take the club forward anymore. It's pretty simple. What's he going to do differently? He's had long enough and enough chances. And the same mistakes have been repeated which means our best player wants out. I don't think it's about money, I mean if we offered him a ridiculous amount like 500,000 a week then it might convince him otherwise, but I think he'd rather play for City, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern, Juventus etc.

The problem is, his brain doesn't work properly anymore. We need a manager who goes crazy at conceding three goals at home. Instead he'll probably massage them with olive oil, telling them how strong they are mentality to come back and win. Don't concede the stupid goals in the first place.

It's not a case of losing one game at the start of the season. It's the frustration that it's in the same manner with the same issues as a whole with transfers/injuries etc. And the only thing has changed is he's brought in Jens Lehmann who apparently isn't allowed to sit on the bench on matchdays - where was he yesterday?, and another thing that has changed is he's decided to mess around with player positions.

It's great to see us go to Wembley and lift the FA Cup, and everyone happy including him but when we see what he's doing now and the decisions he's making it's like looking at a different man to pre 2007, and it's getting very very boring,

IslingtonBornandbred

From 1996-2006, Wenger was superb. From 2006-2013, Wenger was phenomenal, his best work. Since then, probably average, given he has won a few cups. Just flattening that in recent years our league campaign has died before it's even got started and we've not competed in Europe.

I don't know. 96-2006 was obviously great. Maybe we should have done more given the players we had but it was a privilege going to Highbury during that time. Obviously, we will never know just how much we were financially restricted in those years of 2006-2013. I'm sure he made mistakes and errors during that time. Not every missed signing was due to restraints, it was him not being able to make his mind up. Dein said he used to it at Highbury. For the money we spent, we could have had better players and players which did better.

And also, the problem is and was the years of 2006-2013 where the target was getting top four is what played transformed the club's mentality from winning to top four is enough. You can't just turn it on and off i.e going from the target is top 4 to right now we want to win the league. In those years, we had players good enough to win a couple of leagues, the problem wasn't financial issues it was tactical and mentality issues. We went to Old Trafford with a reserve team. Anyone with common sense would set them up to be compact, stay tight, and try and get something out of the game. Instead, he went open and got killed. That's not a financial issue, that's being naive.

He's not a winner anymore, he's run out of time and ideas and it's time to say goodbye.

say yes

forum master baiter

1997-2006: Wenger is a heavyweight champion.
2006-2013: You think that was impressive? I can survive in the ring with one hand tied behind my back.
2013 onwards: Wenger took a few too many hits to the head.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Can't say that 2006-2013 was impressive.By quality of the teams we weren't the best ( behind Chelsea and Utd for sure).So top 4 was reality.I was more angry about fact that we were in title race until April and than dropped off in the most important period of the season.Injuries,bad games,wrong mentality etc.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The club were ill prepared for the stadium move, roman and city. Fact remains we have been reactive rather than pro active for the best part of a decade.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Wenger is now living in his comfort zone that he doesn't really care anymore. It's sad as there are many managers out there who are more hungry than wenger.

KROENKE SUCKS

Keep blaming Wenger when the problem is Kroenke. I wonder what magically changed in 2006. Oh yea Kroenke bought into the club and ushered in an era of not keeping our best players, taking years to replace players who leave or retire and keeping the squad in a state of constant upheaval. What Wenger has done is a ****ing miracle in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom