• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsexit

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this so I thought I would take it upon myself to make one. As you can tell, the name of this thread is a portmanteau of 'Arsenal' and 'Exit' which is rather fitting for the circumstances we have found ourselves in. In honour of leaving the EU, Arsenal have shown solidarity with the UK by 'valiantly' losing to a midtable Spanish side Villareal that was managed by our one time skipper Unai Emery. Anyways, I just want to hear your thoughts on this. You can be as miserable or as delusional as you want. I'll start:

Pros:
Less games to watch means lesser chance this club can spoil my mood.
More free time.
Playing once a week means less injuries.
Gives the coach more time to work with players on tactics and setups.
We only have to concentrate on the league.
Could force some players out of the club especially when a world cup is coming.
We can only spend money on what we need and not indulge in stupid squad signings (Willian, potential Elneny extension etc).
Kroenkes may actually have to show that they care to get us out of this mess.

Cons:
Less games to watch Arsenal
Less money to spend on reinforcements.
No 'easy' games to bleed in youngsters
We may be forced to sell or loan out the youngsters due to game time or money.
Less games all round means some players may be unhappy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Being able to do a soft reset should be the big positive that comes from falling out of Europe.

There’s all this talk of investment when really you want to reduce to absolute crap we’ve accumulated.

Trim the squad to 18-20 players and only bring in those that are a clear level above the first 11 player they’re replacing.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I'll be the dissenting opinion and say this is pretty bad for us. Aside from the small money boost, Europa League is:
  • A good platform for non starters. With Emery it led to the rise of both Saka and Martinelli and this season it gave some valuable playing time to out of favor players like Pepe and Willock, and it should've been a platform for Saliba/Balogun but Mikel ****ed it up.
  • A golden chance back into the UCL. We saw it this season, we just had to beat 4 teams of farmers and then it's a one off game against United for a chance to get this club back on track, I think that's invaluable and with a proper manager we could easily win it.
  • A way to maintain our UEFA coefficient. We are still surprisingly on 10th place because somehow Europa League gives the same points as the UCL so whether you think it's fair or not, we would've hit the jackpot when the new Champions League format comes in, where the 2 top placed teams on the coefficient currently out of the UCL get a free pass into the competition, with a 0 coefficient points season we can kiss our position goodbye and worst of all Sp**s could be the one getting that free pass.
There is basically no reason to play your best players on the group stage (Unless you are Arteta trying to keep your job ugh) so I don't think it is that big of a negative distraction wise. I do agree that it may allow us to trim the squad but I do not trust the current management to do it properly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Usually I’d be disappointed about the lack of EL games for our best youngsters. However, Arteta barely played Martinelli in the EL let alone Azeez and Balogun. So the chances of the likes of Hutchinson getting game time next season even if we qualified for the EL was basically zero.

Thursdays watching Elneny and Willian can get right in the bin.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They hired Conte.
I know you hold a candle for him, but I'd absolutely hate to see him here tbh. Not what we need at all.

Some appointments you just know straight away is a waste of time/won't go beyond 9 months.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The main positive for me is that their should be more Saturday games next season. I've never been too upset about us playing Europa the last few years as I've always thought we've had a chance of winning it but the consequence of always having to play Sunday games is a big negative for me. I'm quite old school in thinking football should be Saturday 3pm as much as possible.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I know you hold a candle for him, but I'd absolutely hate to see him here tbh. Not what we need at all.

Some appointments you just know straight away is a waste of time/won't go beyond 9 months.

Yes, but tbf what you know about football wouldn't fill chippy's menu, so I understand you thinking that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yes, but tbf what you know about football wouldn't fill chippy's menu, so I understand you thinking that.
Says the one wishing for Conte the way the club is at the moment :lol:

Whatever man.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Thing is though that Chelsea team was still world class and had won the league the year prior to finishing 8th.

The context was that Mourinho drove that physio out and the players instantly downed tools. Even Hazard admitted he basically wasn’t bothered that year :lol:

Conte still had an incredible squad and was able to buy the best player from the prior season’s champions. We’re in a totally different place to them.

amigo

Hoping that the extra time between matches gives Arteta more time to work on our attacking cohesion. Maybe there is a silver lining to this one.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom