• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also this Eduardo Hagn guy is a proper bellend. Basically seeks attention by wanting us to sign every player and then plays the usual "I'm not an ITK card".

He's just a young guy with a twitter account. When he's 45 he'll be just as embarrassed of all his antics as everyone else is now.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
One thing I'd say about any rumours this summer and just in general, is that we tried to sign Vardy four years ago and i'm pretty sure lots of fans here at the time were saying it's a bad idea cos he's too old, and four years later he's just won the Golden Boot. There are still problems with signing too many older players, but there's definitely a lot of value to be had from older players and that should be kept in mind.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For me improve midfield, raise our level on the ball a bit and make a Van Dijk level signing a year or two down the line.

A summer where we finish 8th we’re not going to be able to get an elite midfielder and an elite CB. One at a time.
Yes our midfield getting bullied out passed easily we have to target someone who can really make us control and dominate game a player similar to Ceballos with more creativity would be great and someone like Partey if we couldn't sign Partey

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes our midfield getting bullied out passed easily we have to target someone who can really make us control and dominate game a player similar to Ceballos with more creativity would be great and someone like Partey if we couldn't sign Partey

There were times today that Foster would roll the ball out to a defender and they’d play their way to the edge of our box in seconds.

There’s no mobility in that midfield at all.

If Willock does get a much needed loan and we sell Torreira and Guendouzi, even if we do bring back Ceballos that’s two established midfielders in the whole squad.

Pay the release clause for Partey, there’s some decent options in the relegated clubs to look at and if you do sell Lacazette you can put the money raised from him towards a winger or striker.

There’s a roadmap to get out of this mess but we can’t have another summer spending medium sums on all our areas of need, we have to accept we’ll be bad defensively but 56 goals scored in a season is unacceptable for a club like us.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There were times today that Foster would roll the ball out to a defender and they’d play their way to the edge of our box in seconds.

If Willock does get a much needed loan and we sell Torreira and Guendouzi, even if we do bring back Ceballos that’s two established midfielders in the whole squad.

Pay the release clause for Partey, there’s some decent options in the relegated clubs to look at and if you do sell Lacazette you can put the money raised from him towards a winger or striker.

There’s a roadmap to get out of this mess but we can’t have another summer spending medium sums on all our areas of need, we have to accept we’ll be bad defensively but 56 goals scored in a season is unacceptable for a club like us.

But taking your Arsenal fan hat off, why would Partey come here? However you twist it, leaving a CL club to a club that just finished 8th when you're at the peak of your career is a very weird move to make.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But taking your Arsenal fan hat off, why would Partey come here? However you twist it, leaving a CL club to a club that just finished 8th when you're at the peak of your career is a very weird move to make.

We can give him the contract he really wants which Atlético won’t. At this point who cares, a top player wants to come to us for some bizarre reason.

Sign the guy, make some other shrewd additions and try to improve.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We can give him the contract he really wants which Atlético won’t. At this point who cares, a top player wants to come to us for some bizarre reason.

Sign the guy, make some other shrewd additions and try to improve.

How certain is it that he wants to come here though. I've heard some reliable sources say we're interested, I've not heard any reliable sources say that he reciprocates that interest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How certain is it that he wants to come here though. I've heard some reliable sources say we're interested, I've not heard any reliable sources say that he reciprocates that interest.

There’s clear noise that he wants to come here, it’s been in the Spanish press and no club starts trying to buy a player unless they know they want to sign.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There’s clear noise that he wants to come here, it’s been in the Spanish press and no club starts trying to buy a player unless they know they want to sign.

I'll be happy when I see him hold up an Arsenal shirt, but till then I've decided to be very grouchy about this particular rumour.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Xhaka was being completely bypassed and will always make us look vulnerable when we play 4 at the back. He and Ceballos should be rotation for one position but nothing more.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Would anyone be keen on taking a player or 2 from Watford like Sarr or Doucoure considering they are down now? Both players I think could fit in well, I was really impressed by Sarr last night.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would anyone be keen on taking a player or 2 from Watford like Sarr or Doucoure considering they are down now? Both players I think could fit in well, I was really impressed by Sarr last night.

Yes. Neither would be first choice as I'd rather Partey or even Rabiot for CM and Zaha or Douglas Costa for the wing.

Both Dacoure and Sarr give us some of what we need however, both would be attainable and strive to achieve. Could possibly pick up both for 50m and lowish wages. Guendouzi, Nenny and Mkhi out for those two would be improvement in my eyes.

Dacoure is everything that we want from Willock and have missed since Ramsey left.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
@truth_hurts why do you consistently say Dacoure instead of Doucoure?

Anyway, wouldn't you think of Doucoure as an alternative to Partey rather than a partner? They seem rather similar with Doucoure perhaps more involved in the final third, but Partey providing more in build-up/defense.

What I've seen from Sarr is good dribbling/crossing, but suspect finishing/decision-making in the final third. Don't think I'd want him here as a backup to Pepe over Nelson

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I also agree @Aussie_gunner123 that we'd probably see the best of Pepe as a 10. Saka, Sarr and Pepe behind Auba would be exciting. 2 of Dacoure/Partey/Xhaka behind that would be an excellent shield.
@truth_hurts yes we are missing a playmaker obviously & if we can't sign any this window then I'd be willing to try Pepe centrally as one of the options & that allows Sarr to come through perhaps in competition with Nelson though obviously.

I'm not sure of Doucoures best place whether he is a deep lying play maker type, b2b or more forward consistently but eitherway I'd be willing to also try Doucoure behind as a Ramsey type player perhaps. People may call that negative on bringing in a few relegated players but not all relegated players are bad & both have PL potential along with Bournemouths defender Ake obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom