• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sorry, hate to be that guy just noticed it.

I saw Sarr against Liverpool and thought he did very well, but it also made me notice his suspect finishing/decision-making. Think a step to a team normally below us (Everton, Wolves if Traore is sold, Newcastle) would be very good for his development.

The thing is, if Sarr moves to another Premier League club and does well, he becomes out of our reach. Richarlison is an example of this. The time to sign him is in his breakout season. Now, Richarlison has been linked to Barcelona for huge money and is a Brazil international.

Sarr is probably a 30m player now. I don't think we will sign him, but he'll get a good move somewhere. A Leverkusen, Lyon or Lazio maybe.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pepe and Sarr would strike absolute fear into opposition defences. We seem to be fully invested in developing Saka, Nelson and Martinelli though. Personally I'd love Sarr or Zaha. We don't really have an attacking player that can burst past multiple defenders. Saka is more of a play maker although probably our most direct runner, Martinelli can dribble but is more of a direct runner and Pepe is a play maker.

I like Ismaila Sarr but he's not what we need right now, if we want a winger we need more of a playmaking winger from the left.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Probably means Holding and Chambers will be the ones to go. They’re the two likely to bring in most money anyway. Also Sokratis is a massive ****. Wasn’t more than 4 months ago he was saying he’d leave if he doesn’t play. Hairy bastard.

Having said that it only says he won’t ask to leave. Let’s see what he says if he’s shown the door.

Reactions: A_G

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
There was that stat yesterday about being only 4 teams in the league that created less than us as well. o_O

Its crazy Auba still scored so much but feel its more than just adding a few creative players / #10... when its that bad its the midfield as a whole thats broken.

These players should be creating more... its not like they are excelling at defending or focused on that.

That's what I've been talking about constantly now, adding creative players to our midfield and LW will completely transform the team and will help us way more than defensive midfielders on a limited budget.

It is the priority, and thankfully Arteta seems to think the same based on what he's recently talked about.

The positive perspective, when looking at all this, is that we've done way better than we should have with that kind of creative output and creation of goalscoring chances.

What does that imply ?
A fix to this issue by like 2 clever signings will lift us massively.

truth_hurts

I like Ismaila Sarr but he's not what we need right now, if we want a winger we need more of a playmaking winger from the left.

We definitely have more pressing concerns than wide options I agree. He just seems like one that we could regret missing out on. He's only 22.

I wanted a play making winger i.e. Coutinho, Lemar, Willian, Grealish or Benrahma, but want directness now.

Kysus

So to fix the squad with too high of a wage bill consisting of too many players not being good enough(Torreira, Elneny, Holding, Özil, Mustafi etc)
your solution is too sign more tossers? We finish 8th, getting dominated in midfield by half the league and with our limited budget you want to sign frigging Doucoure?
Probably the same people that want Xhaka out...

truth_hurts

You can't blame Sokratis or Özil though. It just smacks of a club signing and re signing without a plan in place. Sokratis was a stop gap signing, given a large contract because his pal was in charge of negotiations. In fairness though, Sokratis is still trying just not performing. Özil wasn't wanted by Wenger at that cost, clearly wasn't wanted by Emery and neither Freddie or Arteta appear to be fans.

This is our own fault.

truth_hurts

So to fix the squad with too high of a wage bill consisting of too many players not being good enough(Torreira, Elneny, Holding, Özil, Mustafi etc)
your solution is too sign more tossers? We finish 8th, getting dominated in midfield by half the league and with our limited budget you want to sign frigging Doucoure?
Probably the same people that want Xhaka out...

Okay champ, who do you think that we should sign.

Please no nonsense like Veratti, Thiago or KDB.

Kysus

Okay champ, who do you think that we should sign.

Please no nonsense like Veratti, Thiago or KDB.
We have a big scouting network and a top-class manager in charge so I trust the club in identitying players that fit our needs.
I'm not a scout, I basically only watch Arsenal these days but
Buendia for example would fit us 10x better than a clogger like Doucoure.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I don't really see why we should have any interest in Zaha. I think we forgot about Marinelli. He can definitely play on the left wing with Saka as his backup, while Pepe and Nelson are on the right side. I wouldn't waste a penny to add new striker even if we manage to sell Lacazette.

There are much bigger issues that we have to address. We need a CM/DM. For me both Partey and Doucoure are great options, and can significantly improve our defensive balance. We may also keep Ceballos costing us ~30m. And we have to find a CB and hopefully an RB if we get rid of Bellerin ...

truth_hurts

We have a big scouting network and a top-class manager in charge so I trust the club in identitying players that fit our needs.

Can I asked what you're basing this off outside of opinion?

You are possibly under playing how dysfunctional our midfield is. We lack creativity and technique yes and Buendia has given Norwich this as well as end product. We also lack the ability to press, break the lines with passing and from third man running into dangerous areas from midfield.

I don't believe that Doucoure would have us challenging for the league, but our team is lacking so much that I'm not even sure that KDB would.

truth_hurts

I don't really see why we should have any interest in Zaha. I think we forgot about Marinelli. He can definitely play on the left wing with Saka as his backup, while Pepe and Nelson are on the right side. I wouldn't waste a penny to add new striker even if we manage to sell Lacazette.

There are much bigger issues that we have to address. We need a CM/DM. For me both Partey and Doucoure are great options, and can significantly improve our defensive balance. We may also keep Ceballos costing us ~30m. And we have to find a CB and hopefully an RB if we get rid of Bellerin ...

Martinelli has shown a lot in his breakout season. I think he will be a star. I just like Zaha as a progressive dribbler.

I agree though our forward options with or without Lacazette aren't our primary area of concern. We need to sort out our spine before an icing on the cake signing like Zaha.

It's almost like Emery was right. Wonder how much better we would be if Emery was allowed to bring in Maguire, Partey, Banega and Zaha?

Here we are a year later with Salibah, Luiz and Mari, a mess of a midfield and the jury being out with Pepe.

Actually our scouting network is not big any longer as we have been sacking many of our scouts this year.

Kysus

Can I asked what you're basing this off outside of opinion?
Our midfield is shambles right now and to fix it we need to bring in players who add something we lack while also fitting the type of football we want to play.
Our two main issues right now:
-A technical 8/10 who can create, dictate play, hold up the ball and move intelligently between the lines.
Buendia could do that while holding his own physically and defensively as well.(unlike Özil)
-Second is a dynamic, intelligent, physical all-around player who is also good enough with the ball to contribute to our passing game.
Here is where our interest in Partey stems from and Doucoure does NOT fit the bill.
Lacks the passing, finesse, intelligence without the ball etc to succeed here

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't like to blame Sven but other than Auba who come here because of wenger he done f**k all in a year with us instead of signing good talent he give us Sokratis and mkhi.

We should make a healthy profit from Mavrapanos and Guendouzi.

He didn’t really have time to make a lot of signings. He had two windows to work in and did pretty well imo with what he had to work with.

Torreira is struggling right now but we’ve seen he could’ve been a productive player based on his first five months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom