• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegen Pressing

I want us to dip into random markets and stockpile hidden gems. Lets send some scouts to the Romanian, Danish, Nicaraguan and Burkina Fasoian leagues.

Sending somebody abroad these days is hard , just spent 3 hours queueing for a COVID swab test and they delayed 120Hours which means missed my flights for third time in three weeks two different airlines
because of COVID certs not on time, not stamped or deliverex and other trivialities.
Travelling these days is a **** show

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Manberg for you and anyone else that's interested in what we're looking like financially compared to other clubs...

This post is the end of the thread. Our cash reserves as of last year were sat at £167M. That would've changed a bit due to Covid for sure, but the club isn't in a perilous position by any means. Its not in the best position, especially commercially. But far from perilous.

The thread posted also shows how important CL football is. We do need to make sales, that's a given. But I think its more to make space for new signings and also free up money for the long run/wage bill.

Manberg

Predator
@HairSprayGooners Those figures are from 2 seasons ago. I’d be more interested in seeing information about finances following last summer’s transfer window where we spent more money than ever. Match day income must make a high proportion of revenue. I do think current finances are in a bad state due to the previous transfer window, our wage bill and coronavirus. Selling all of Torreira, Lacazette and Bellerin in this window may be what’s needed to balance the books. Otherwise we are risking a lot on getting CL football (which is a worthwhile risk).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@HairSprayGooners Those figures are from 2 seasons ago. I’d be more interested in seeing information about finances following last summer’s transfer window where we spent more money than ever. Match day income must make a high proportion of revenue. I do think current finances are in a bad state due to the previous transfer window, our wage bill and coronavirus. Selling all of Torreira, Lacazette and Bellerin in this window may be what’s needed to balance the books. Otherwise we are risking a lot on getting CL football (which is a worthwhile risk).

We wont see those financials until February next year I believe. But it may not look as bleak as first thought. We have improved commercial deals with adidas and Emirates to take into account for starters.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta said the following in July

“You are not in the Champions League and because you are not in the Champions League, you say, ‘Okay, I don’t invest because I don’t have the financial ability to do it’. But the other clubs invest and then the gap becomes bigger.

“If I do want to invest and [take the] risk and then I don’t reach it, what happens? That’s the mistake.

“You have to make a decision, whether I want to aim to make that gap closer and go for it or I stay where I am.

“You can see many good examples of teams that have done it [by taking a risk] and they have come back to there [the Champions League], that way.”

In the following match days he quelled all suggestions of a rift between himself and the board, scrutinised the Kroenke out banner, asking fans to believe in him.

Call it speculation, but I think that’s when Kroenke’s bought in to Arteta’s plan. They must have exchanged words and ideas. I do think that the board are heavily banking on Arteta getting Champions League football this coming season, and we’ll be in big trouble if that does not happen.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta said the following in July

In the following match days he quelled all suggestions of a rift between himself and the board, scrutinised the Kroenke out banner, asking fans to believe in him.

Call it speculation, but I think that’s when Kroenke’s bought in to Arteta’s plan. They must have exchanged words and ideas. I do think that the board are heavily banking on Arteta getting Champions League football this coming season, and we’ll be in big trouble if that does not happen.

By the looks of our targets we're taking that risk.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How are we taking risks? The talk was we needed Europe to have anything to spend. We got Europa so our budget was considered to be £30m. At the end of the season the TV rebate was cancelled so we also got an additional £18m from that which we hadn’t been banking on. We’re now talking about selling Bellerin and a load of other players to be able to sign Partey and Aouar. I’m not sure that’s taking risks.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How are we taking risks? The talk was we needed Europe to have anything to spend. We got Europa so our budget was considered to be £30m. At the end of the season the TV rebate was cancelled so we also got an additional £18m from that which we hadn’t been banking on. We’re now talking about selling Bellerin and a load of other players to be able to sign Partey and Aouar. I’m not sure that’s taking risks.

Spending £150M in a Covid 19 hit window on CL level players with CL level wages is a huge risk. If we don't make CL next season but sign Partey, Gabriel, Willian and Aouar then its a big failure and will hurt us even further financially.

Manberg

Predator

Selling players is needed to buy players, but we are still paying Champions league wages on a Europa league squad. You have to factor in the loss of gate receipts and merchandise income due to covid. The club is losing money. The risk may be in the sense that, if we don’t make top 4 or win the Europa league next season then we could be in a potential situation where we have to sell or release over half our squad and rebuild.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Selling players is needed to buy players, but we are still paying Champions league wages on a Europa league squad. You have to factor in the loss of gate receipts and merchandise income due to covid. The club is losing money. The risk may be in the sense that, if we don’t make top 4 or win the Europa league next season then we could be in a potential situation where we have to sell or release over half our squad and rebuild.

That's a little too far, we'll never have to sell off the squad to rebuild. Especially with all the money coming back from Özil/Luiz/Mustafi contracts ending next summer.

Manberg

Predator
That's a little too far, we'll never have to sell off the squad to rebuild. Especially with all the money coming back from Özil/Luiz/Mustafi contracts ending next summer.

Current financial reports will give us a clearer picture of where we’re at. But we were paying those wages last season and will do so this coming season. That’s money lost. We’ll stop losing that money when they’re gone but that won’t bring back what’s lost.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Current financial reports will give us a clearer picture of where we’re at. But we were paying those wages last season and will do so this coming season. That’s money lost. We’ll stop losing that money when they’re gone but that won’t bring back what’s lost.

We will be shifting around £30M a year off the wage bill and a further £30M a year is going next summer.

We are owned by a multi billionaire. I know many dislike him, but we would never have to sell off stars like a small club to generate funds due to not making the CL. Bellerins and such are fine, but we haven't had to sell any of our best players thus far this window.

Things can only get better from here with fans allowed into stadiums from October 3rd.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Spending £150M in a Covid 19 hit window on CL level players with CL level wages is a huge risk. If we don't make CL next season but sign Partey, Gabriel, Willian and Aouar then its a big failure and will hurt us even further financially.
I couldn’t care less about the financial side of things. If we really want to compete, then we need to bring in Partey and Aouar. I’m sick of finishing outside the top 4 every year. These 2 will be top signings if we pull it off.

Manberg

Predator
I couldn’t care less about the financial side of things. If we really want to compete, then we need to bring in Partey and Aouar. I’m sick of finishing outside the top 4 every year. These 2 will be top signings if we pull it off.

You should. We’re not Chelsea or Man City. Money doesn’t magically appear for signing new players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Donny Van der beek agent confirm we were very interested but we don't have Enough money to pay 40m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom