• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
:eek:ops: I want Chiesa at Arsenal.. but I do want a Fiorentina lad like Chiesa to stay at Fiorentina (he's 22 and been there for 13 years, and they really have way too few own academy players making it through). I like Fiorentina as well, so tough one.

Daddy Raul already trying to replace Pepe? Finally some good news!

Chiesa is talented and versatile, so I don't think it'd be a problem to have him cut inside to his right foot from our left side. He could be a second-striker or False-9'ish leading striker as well. Would allow Arteta a lot of flexibility tbh.

Can't see it happen unless it's a big fee paid though. He's hyped, he's young, has the youth ties, and Fiorentina has a new owner who has big plans so would be an odd timing unless Chiesa wants to go or the fee is too big to deny - which I can't see us pay now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Having watched that clip, it's strange to say but I actually think that may have been his peak. Completely different player. Running behind defenders, dribbling, ball carrying. Maybe he peaked too soon.

The Mesut Özil who ended Gareth Barry's existence in World cup 2010 was a different beast. he could destroy opponents with pace and poise.

We only saw that Özil for about a season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Chiesa would be an amazing signing, probably out of reach this summer.

We could need a LW though, but since CM/CB positions are the most pressing needs I doubt we're getting one. If we somehow could get rid of Laca, and get some cash that way, maybe.

Furious

This would be weird if it happens. Big talent though, really like him. Just hope that doesn't push guys like Nelson and Saka out, we need to keep them. I wonder how we'd use him if he came here?

Saka has mostly excelled at LB/LWB this season.

If we go with a 343, then it could actually work.

A front three of Chiesa-Auba-Pepe could be lethal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saka has mostly excelled at LB/LWB this season.

If we go with a 343, then it could actually work.

A front three of Chiesa-Auba-Pepe could be lethal.
Potentially yeah - very pacy and great dribbling. Leaves us very top heavy though even if we play Saka there (and he already doesn't really wanna stay there long term :lol:).

Laca still at the club, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson all there aswell. Chiesa comes in if one or two people leave IMO.

I'm not crazy about us going 3 at the back though - especially not with our current midfield. We'd need much more dynamism in there. Maybe they're looking at him as a CF option in case Auba and/or Laca leave.

Furious

Potentially yeah - very pacy and great dribbling. Leaves us very top heavy though even if we play Saka there (and he already doesn't really wanna stay there long term :lol:).

Laca still at the club, Martinelli, Nketiah, Nelson all there aswell. Chiesa comes in if one or two people leave IMO.

I'm not crazy about us going 3 at the back though - especially not with our current midfield. We'd need much more dynamism in there. Maybe they're looking at him as a CF option in case Auba and/or Laca leave.

I'd ship off Laca, but doubt there's any buyers out there.

Yeah, agreed on 3 at the back, was just an idea how to get around the fact that we'd need at least 3 top players to compete for top 4(we could get away with Chiesa and a CM in my scenario).

Re. Saka, I'm not so sure on him at LW. Seems to be doing great when given the space to run on like we've seen under Arteta, so putting him further forward would somewhat limit that. You think he has what it takes to be a great LW? Very left footed player, probably would've been amazing in a 442 back in the day.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd ship off Laca, but doubt there's any buyers out there.

Yeah, agreed on 3 at the back, was just an idea how to get around the fact that we'd need at least 3 top players to compete for top 4(we could get away with Chiesa and a CM in my scenario).

Re. Saka, I'm not so sure on him at LW. Seems to be doing great when given the space to run on like we've seen under Arteta, so putting him further forward would somewhat limit that. You think he has what it takes to be a great LW? Very left footed player, probably would've been amazing in a 442 back in the day.
I think he can be an excellent LW personally. That said, I share the opinion of others that he'd be a phenomenal full-back, and such a unique weapon in that position. He's a lot more subtle than given credit and is certainly able to handle himself in tight spaces but his ability to just bludgeon teams with his dribbling - particularly from deep - is a really attractive proposition. It's a genuine shame he doesn't like playing left back. Unlike AMN IMO, he actually has a chance of being one of the absolute best as a full-back, but he'll still be an excellent winger regardless.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The Mesut Özil who ended Gareth Barry's existence in World cup 2010 was a different beast. he could destroy opponents with pace and poise.

We only saw that Özil for about a season.

We never saw that Özil at Arsenal. His game got changed at Reald to feed Ronaldo and he never recovered from that. If Ancelotti hadn't been so adamant about his 433 Özil would still be there and very likely would have h a similar rep to Benzema. Underrated but highly effective.

Low trying to copy Spain and then Guardiola with his sideways passing tiki taka BS didn't help Özil either.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
This would be weird if it happens. Big talent though, really like him. Just hope that doesn't push guys like Nelson and Saka out, we need to keep them. I wonder how we'd use him if he came here?

Tbh Arsenal fans are a bit weird in that aspect. They want the team to challenge but not take away youngsters's game time. And it's one or the other.

Neither Nelson nor Saka is on the level of Sancho or Sterling going by what we've seen this far and they should be happy to get game time here.

Such young players will have ups and downs over a season and Arsenal canno afford this right now. There needs to be a starting option signed for the left wing and central midfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Tbh Arsenal fans are a bit weird in that aspect. They want the team to challenge but not take away youngsters's game time. And it's one or the other.

Neither Nelson nor Saka is on the level of Sancho or Sterling going by what we've seen this far and they should be happy to get game time here.

Such young players will have ups and downs over a season and Arsenal canno afford this right now. There needs to be a starting option signed for the left wing and central midfield.
I've been pretty consistent that I want us to give Hale End talents more chances ideally and I'm happy to be patient as I feel it will yield long term results.

Put it this way: I'm not in charge of the club so if we break the bank for a prospect like Chiesa I wouldn't have many complaints - especially if it worked out - however, if I personally had to choose between Chiesa and Nelson/Saka personally, I'd choose the latter.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Chiesa has mainly played as striker in a 3-5-2 formation this season.

Chiesa obviously not playing ahead of Pepe. Would be a big downgrade if he is to replace PEA or Lacca upfront. Unless we are looking to play 2 upfront next season? LW is option but I dont want to see Martinelli and Saka with reduced game time.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Chiesa isn't really that good and would be a waste of money. His ceiling isn't that high and he has been hyped for a while now yet hasn't produced anywhere near that hype. He is just a decent Italian prospect that has inflated reputation for being one of the few Italian talents of recent times.

truth_hurts

Chiesa is good, but how much better he is than Saka or Martenilli is il for debate. He'd also need time to adapt. Italian's don't tend to do this well to life in England.

His speed, directness and killer instinct is exactly what we need though. I keep saying that I'd love Pepe more central and if that were to happen Chiesa on the right with a youngster left and Pepe behind Auba could be dynamite.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Chiesa is good, but how much better he is than Saka or Martenilli is il for debate. He'd also need time to adapt. Italian's don't tend to do this well to life in England.

His speed, directness and killer instinct is exactly what we need though. I keep saying that I'd love Pepe more central and if that were to happen Chiesa on the right with a youngster left and Pepe behind Auba could be dynamite.
Chiesa isn't exactly speedy tbh. He has some explosiveness and quick feet but its exaggerated against Serie A level slow paced players and game. I really don't think he is all that better than Saka or Martinelli but yeah could see him have a shot at improving in attacking midfield.

truth_hurts

Chiesa isn't exactly speedy tbh. He has some explosiveness and quick feet but its exaggerated against Serie A level slow paced players and game. I really don't think he is all that better than Saka or Martinelli but yeah could see him have a shot at improving in attacking midfield.

He does seem to go past defenders with ease, but you're right he isn't Martinelli or Saka quick. After years of Iwobi on the wing, he fits into the quick category though!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Chiesa is still all talent, but there is potentially a great player in there.
he has that Martinelli hunger and determination which is crucial in development.
Atm he is a good player.
also, he is destined for Inter once Lautaro goes to Spain

truth_hurts

Park Chu Young is still playing professional football. This has naff all to do with our summer activity, but it did make me laugh to see him as the lowest odd next scorer in the early kick off in S. Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom