• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,370
  • Views 219,041

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We have Kiwior, Zinchenko, Timber, Tomi, Saliba, Gabriel, and White to cover the 4 defensive positions. By comparison, City have Akanji, Ake, Dias, Gvardiol, Stones, Walker, and Rico Lewis but I am not sure if Lewis has ever filled in anywhere in defence for City. In terms of numbers and quality we are completely fine; if your argument is that we can't trust Zinchenko and Tomi's fitness then we should sell them and replace them but buying another defender to add to the group would be terrible squad management.

If we get Diomande, we will have match days when one of the above defenders cannot even make the bench.
None of those defenders are as injury-prone as two of Arsenal's, and none of them have had a long-term injury like Timber to recover from.

You also forgot they have Gomez, so they have 8 defenders as depth. They haven't needed to fill because their defenders have stayed fit much better. But the players are there if needed.

The funds don't allow to sell Zin & Tomi yet, only in the coming windows. Arsenal won't sell such great players for peanuts after their injury ridden seasons.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really depends how much of our squadplayers leave. But yes quality over quantity.

Most important will be CM and ST. Either go big on the CM or on the ST. Something like
  • De Jong + Sesko
  • ? + Oshimen
With the rest if we sell someone buy a backup or promote youth. Who could take a place from youth next year? Nwaneri? Patino? Biereth?

If Havertz can show a decent goal scoring level (1 in 2/3 games) I’d maybe even consider going big for a wide player.

But yeah, a De Jong or Paqueta level player in the midfield would be immense.

Can’t see too many squad players leaving tbh, maybe just Eddie and Ramsdale.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We will need to make an addition to the squad spine. GK, DF, MF, FW. Depending on outgoings, a further FW too.

We need quality AND quantity. It's not either or...

Our squad is basically full at the moment, we have at least two players for every position, and we never sell many players in a summer window.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If Havertz can show a decent goal scoring level (1 in 2/3 games) I’d maybe even consider going big for a wide player.

But yeah, a De Jong or Paqueta level player in the midfield would be immense.

Can’t see too many squad players leaving tbh, maybe just Eddie and Ramsdale.
1/3 is 12 league goals a season. It’s very hard to be successful with 12 league goals striker and for a club like Arsenal with so many creators it’s simply poor return

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Our squad is basically full at the moment, we have at least two players for every position, and we never sell many players in a summer window.
Sure mate. I think you're being pretty naive.

We have 7 defenders, 2 of which are proven injury liabilities.

Elneny is leaving & Partey likely will be sold, meaning we have only Rice & Jorginho.

Eddie doesn't get any minutes & Jesus cannot be relied upon. Martinelli & Saka play mostly every game.

Teta has shown he doesn't really rate ESR or Nelson as they never get any meaningful game time.

Ramsdale will want to move.

You're right, the squad is full, but full of players who play no meaningful role. We need squad strengthening.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In terms of numbers our squad is full. In terms of players the manager actually rates. It’s far from it. We basically have about 6 players in the squad that won’t start a game no matter how tired the rest are

CannonBals

None of those defenders are as injury-prone as two of Arsenal's, and none of them have had a long-term injury like Timber to recover from.

You also forgot they have Gomez, so they have 8 defenders as depth. They haven't needed to fill because their defenders have stayed fit much better. But the players are there if needed.

The funds don't allow to sell Zin & Tomi yet, only in the coming windows. Arsenal won't sell such great players for peanuts after their injury ridden seasons.

I expect Zinchenko to be sold or atleast open to sell like we were with Partey last year.
He has 2 yr left on his contract and no signs of renewal (clear difference to how Tomiyasu is handled).

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I expect Zinchenko to be sold or atleast open to sell like we were with Partey last year.
He has 2 yr left on his contract and no signs of renewal (clear difference to how Tomiyasu is handled).
Dunno about that. When he is fit he's 1st choice.

Let's see how it pans out but he is defo the weak link at the back & it's been shown we perform as well as if not better without him (so far)...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Biereth will attract lot of interest I think we have to sell him because his value is high not gurantee his next loan move could be successful

drippin

I still assume Zinchenko signed 4+1 years contract. Very unlikely for Arsenal to pay about 30 million pounds and not secure a 5 year deal.

So it's likely not the same as Tomiyasu. Can't see him leave. People here overblow his mistakes, and don't realize his worth.

drippin

Gyokeres it is
Gyökeres is two years younger, and his personality fits the squad much better. He is also faster, and better with his wrong foot.

I also assume Gyökeres wages would be smaller, which would even out the total spend. And Brentford seems to ask ridiculous money anyway.

They are both proven durable though which I rate a lot. Toney would fit United well.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom