• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,579
  • Views 181,026

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Striker is that position where there really isn't a proper template for development. A lot of guys find their footing much later in their careers. I think Gyokeres is a good player, but the fee makes me bulk at the transfer a fair bit. I know how badly we need a progressive 6/8

He is however the most suitable forward to our style of play. If we do go for him then Mikel must be pretty certain he's ready for us.

This summer I want us to sign just 3 players

A CM
A CF
A LB

Will leave the left back out if Zinny stays as he and kiwi can do a job there and FFP exists

I do know we need better wide options too but Jesus can cover there and I'd rather keep the powder dry for a top singing. Unless an under the radar opportunity pops up, of course

I don't think we will see a mas exodus of players like some are hoping for

Sungod

Nico Williams wages is on higher side. He will be almost more than our starter wingers.
But he will be great signing.

If Arteta can pull Zubimendi also then he will become a GOAT category manager. (Or Fofana Monaco or last option Onana.)

We need to win CL to have that extra pull.

Also having heard that we are targeting younger striker means we are letting go 1 year internal development.

Potential summer spend (based off rumours)

Sesko: €50m release clause
Nico Williams: €50m release clause
Zubimendi: €60m release clause

Total: €160m/around £138m before outgoings

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nico Williams wages is on higher side. He will be almost more than our starter wingers.

Do you have some good source on his wages? For me those 200k per week rumours are not believable at all, for a club like Athletic. Other sources say 100k per week, which I think makes sense.

outlawz

Arsenal has own "Mainoo" coming through in Lewis-Skelly, who is a similar talent, and 1,5 years younger.

There is absolutely no way Arsenal will block his path with an expensive buy like that. Or that United will sell.
No chance in hell, Lewis Skelly will be working in Tesco by 24. Top teams don't take risks with young academy talent unless they're certy generational. Of course, when you're off the pace, that's when you can take those risks like we did with Saka.

Sungod

Do you have some good source on his wages? For me those 200k per week rumours are not believable at all, for a club like Athletic. Other sources say 100k per week, which I think makes sense.
Yes, indeed not good source. All bad sources point to 200k.( AKA all web results)

And couple of more google results .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

If Arteta can pull Zubimendi also then he will become a GOAT category manager. (Or Fofana Monaco or last option Onana.)

We need to win CL to have that extra pull.

Also having heard that we are targeting younger striker means we are letting go 1 year internal development.

Potential summer spend (based off rumours)

Sesko: €50m release clause
Nico Williams: €50m release clause
Zubimendi: €60m release clause

Total: €160m/around £138m before outgoings

I think for me, its Onana as our first choice replacement for TP5 and/or Jorginho. You literally creating a brick wall in the middle across all competitions.

The rest, Im almost with you. Sesko, Nico Williams, and I'd go for Douglas Luiz instead of Zubimendi. If we somehow can pull of Diomande as well, we'll be ready for everything.

drippin

Yes, indeed not good source. All bad sources point to 200k.( AKA all web results)

And couple of more google results .
Weird post to a normal question.

This might have been why I saw 100k per week. How much is tax in Spain?
Matt Law: It is believed that Williams earns well over £100,000-a-week after tax in Spain, which would place him among Chelsea’s highest earners.

William's release clause is so cheap, that paying him maybe a bit more than Martinelli shouldn't be a problem.

Sungod

I think for me, its Onana as our first choice replacement for TP5 and/or Jorginho. You literally creating a brick wall in the middle across all competitions.

The rest, Im almost with you. Sesko, Nico Williams, and I'd go for Douglas Luiz instead of Zubimendi. If we somehow can pull of Diomande as well, we'll be ready for everything.
Onana makes Rice an 8 also he will be expensive 70m-90m.
Youssouf Fofana Can Work Both 6/8 will be expensive 70m-90m
Zubi is Cheapest but will be a 6 and according to Net can he can become Jorginho like to pick out runners like Martinelli, Nico William :) and Sesko.

Now I am with you, Onana with Rice is a wall but Zubimendi perhaps gives us that extra from Deep Role Playmaker.
Also if we are going to buy Someone for like 70-90m then he is a starter. ( We are not City)
Zubi can only be convinced to come here if he is a starter. So this Midfield Signing is complicated since it Makes Havertz move away from the Starting line up and that is not happening unless he becomes the Main Striker.

So you see we can only Get One Starter from the three signings, or All three need to work for the Starting Role. I do not See Nico, Onana both getting convinced of this unless we overpay them or we are Good enough(Dream). Maybe we need to pay a lot and win CL/PL to get quality Players now

That's why Sesko signing makes Sense as he can be expected to not get Starting Role.
Also we have to Extended Jesus if not already done.

P.S. Luis is Best option but Knowing Aston Villa he will go for 100m

maxxspeed

This means we have zero creative option at the six postion. The reason we can score so many goals with mediocre CF play is because they can't soley focus on Ødegaard and shut him down.

You need a six that is a DLP (frenkie de jong) or get a creative eight and play Rice at the six

drippin

P.S. Luis is Best option but Knowing Aston Villa he will go for 100m
Arsenal won't pay 100 million for Luiz as it's not what he is worth in the market. So if they demand so much, he will stay and have one year left next summer. I doubt he will extend anymore as he likely wants a move to a top club in his prime years.

Rice cost 105 million pounds when he was 1,5 years younger, is HG, and still had more top level experience.

Luiz should cost about 80 million pounds with 2 years left.

CannonBals

Weird post to a normal question.

This might have been why I saw 100k per week. How much is tax in Spain?

William's release clause is so cheap, that paying him maybe a bit more than Martinelli shouldn't be a problem.

I think then thats 200k+
Williams is not a sureshot upgrade on Martinelli. We need to pay him 250k-300k range to switch. Which is very high for rotational option although I like the player.

Sulosky

Reading this thread you can see why @drippin , @db10_therza and myself are known as the 3 Musketeers of A-M. @A_G our young squire

We never miss with our football knowledge.
27928307.gif

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom