• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukazan

Established Member
maxxx said:
whats with all the doom and gloom here today. I think we'll still be good even if we don't sign anyone.

What the hell is wrong with you? I just saw a post from you in another thread complaining this summer will be like last and we won't sign anyone..

jamble

anandaman said:
Granted the board should carry some blame for letting things reach this stage but, it was the board who wanted to renegotiate his contact, even if they did renage on the promise to pay him 60k then don't sign the new deal and haggle but breaking the rules is not justified. Why should the board have to pay his agent? Most of all, he signed an extension for more than his original request, to me that is the board owning up did he accept it and move on, no he decided he wanted to write a book, play sick and seek the transfer anyway, I didn'nt see Chelsea defending him during the saga so aside from money why would he want to go there? What to win tiltes like he didn't at Arsenal?

When Bergkamp's extension was up for review the fans got on his side and he got it all Ash had to do was leak the story to the press and the fans would have been calling for a payrise for him but he got greedy and selfish. So see you Ash, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

I'm not remotely upset about Cole's pay demands, after all, £60k/wk is an immense amount of money but when all things are even he's the best player in his position in the world and should get appropriate wages.

What I have a problem with in this whole situation is that he simply won't accept that meeting Chelsea was wrong and he got caught out.

He complained that his contract meant he was effectively a "slave" because he wasn't free to discuss alternative employment. Sorry Ash, that's a small part of why you're paid so much and if you thought it was unfair then you should have complained about it before you got caught out.

thegame24

Established Member
did ian wright say this??

"I don't like the man. Great left-back but what he has done to Arsenal stinks of disloyalty." Ian Wright

I saw this on ashley cole under wikipedia.

When was this said?

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Did Wrighty really say that? Not exactly sitting on the fence there is he?

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Ryan Smith as a possible replacement? He's just coming back from injury but at the age of 22, perhaps it's a chance for him to get in there and see what he can do.

I'd love to see him in the team

Army of Me

Established Member
Ryan Smith has been sold to Derby, and I doubt Ian Wright said that - the problem with Wikipedia, while being absolutely brilliant, is that it can be edited by anyone.

Army of Me

Established Member
ah yea, Garry of course!

I doubt we'll be seeing Garry this season outside of the reserves and carling cup - he's been plagued with injuries so I think he has to prove he can keep his body in one piece first!

We've already got on injury prone LB in the first team, don't need another yet.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Oh ****....no I mean I really meant errr Ryan Smith....errr....I mean Garry....oh bollox....you know who I mean anyway.

Ryan Smith at left back would have been a good laugh

goonerwarsh

Established Member
pha2er said:
ah yea, Garry of course!

I doubt we'll be seeing Garry this season outside of the reserves and carling cup - he's been plagued with injuries so I think he has to prove he can keep his body in one piece first!

We've already got on injury prone LB in the first team, don't need another yet.

In all fairness, Cole was pretty much injury prone too. Lets not forget he missed the vast majority of last year and we still rushed him back to fitness so he could play the world cup.

I agree we should be a little cautious, but lets just give the guy a go. Didn't Cole get his chance at Bradford when Silvinhio was out injured?

anesumachoko

I honestly think the players are divided with the coach and board over the cole issue and the transfer policy,it has became known to everyone that cole was to go and the players don't like it.its untypical that a club captain critisices the club on two of it policies on cole and transfers.there might be more chaos than we see.come to think of it not even one villa player has talked about new signing and then our club captains asks for cole not to be sold and says there is need for more players .l would prefer to have cole around because we remain stronger

Harding

has any body else noticed that Ryan Garry and Aliadiere have realy seemd to have grown and got bulkier? garry looks like a bit of a powerhouse now, wouldnt mind seeing a bit of him next season i must admit!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
On that note, I removed Sol Campbell from my Arsenal Pro Evo 5 squad... Ryan Smith replaced him in the team!

I gave Ryan Smith chance after chance on my Pro even changed the formation to suit him in a few games. A 4-3-3. He had his moments of Magic but was poor most of the time. I loaned him out in the end but now he has no chance with Theo Walcot and Rosicky coming in :)

Zico

Established Member
Just saw England squad. If Mourinho has his way, by next week we won't have a single Englishman on national team to play Greece. I know that English talent is as rare as Paris Hilton in an all you can eat buffet, but this is a bit disappointing for a club of our stature.

thegame24

Established Member
good point there.

Cole and Campbell, great players but out of order.

Also out of all the england team assuming cole is still a gunner, the only player id kill for is Steven Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom