• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoinkster

I think an outside back is an americanism meant to be fullback, like the "last 16" is called "the round of 16" in america, bless.

if hes gone for that amount of money then im very pleased, i just hope he fails over there, that the "fans" hate him and he gets booed for being an exgooner and that he goes home crying to mummy because he doesnt understand.
little twerp, good riddance :D

GGarsenal

1970*Gooner said:
kel varnsen said:
hm, to be perfectly honest, i'd prefer cole to stay for another 6 months and then flog him off tho wherever when clichy is back again. even if that would mean a significantly smaller transfer fee; it's not like wenger is going to spend the money anyway...
He might surprise us all by splashing out on a few new players, the window is not closed yet, I'm not holding my breath but he might. :D

I wouldn't be too optimistic about that ... The money we could get are likely to be destined to the Stadium financing .... and we'll stick to our youth policy .

TBH I think there's a big cover up at the Club going on at the mo regarding our financial situation. It won't ever come up as the Club based the mortgage payment on attendance income ...hence saying 'no more signings ' could affect it in some way .

Or maybe I'm wrong....

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
gstew said:
Sometimes us Americans will confuse terminology. Many of us were taught as children that a fullback is any defender in the back line.

Outside back = LB or RB.

Other American terminology:

Center half usually meant CM

Sweeper was the term used for the role of Libero

Stopper was the term for the central defender who man marked the opponent's most dangerous striker. How could a central defender man mark a striker? We were also taught that you always put your best player up front and his movement would rarely take him outside the width of the penalty box.

Can you tell that I am a little bitter that I never got proper football training (I am 41 now)? :x
I knew what you meant, 41 your still young enough to learn. :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
its true that wenger most likely wont spend any of the cole money, but the price we get is very important. we are selling one of our best players to our biggest rivals and the only way to maintain some degree of pride is to get a very high transfer fee.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
GGarsenal said:
1970*Gooner said:
kel varnsen said:
hm, to be perfectly honest, i'd prefer cole to stay for another 6 months and then flog him off tho wherever when clichy is back again. even if that would mean a significantly smaller transfer fee; it's not like wenger is going to spend the money anyway...
He might surprise us all by splashing out on a few new players, the window is not closed yet, I'm not holding my breath but he might. :D

I wouldn't be too optimistic about that ... The money we could get are likely to be destined to the Stadium financing .... and we'll stick to our youth policy .

TBH I think there's a big cover up at the Club going on at the mo regarding our financial situation. It won't ever come up as the Club based the mortgage payment on attendance income ...hence saying 'no more signings ' could affect it in some way .

Or maybe I'm wrong....
:shock: lets hope yur wrong :shock:

otfgoon

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
its true that wenger most likely wont spend any of the cole money, but the price we get is very important. we are selling one of our best players to our biggest rivals and the only way to maintain some degree of pride is to get a very high transfer fee.

He may not spend it this summer but im sure he will spend it dispite the reputation he has got himself.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
stainlesscat said:
http://www.arsenal.com/squad.asp?thisNav=First+Team

beside the loaner

all player refreshed pictures expt cole

Oh my god, that picture of Lauren is funny!!

check the Dejouro one, He is loving every second of it. :lol: bless him

anesumachoko

I feel wenger still needs cole and he is draging his feet to tell him that chelsea failed on the bid and they hope that time will be the healer of things

awooga83

Established Member
:lol: That Amazon thing is hilarious i didn't even think about that, definatly great work on the part of gooners.

23 millions is a great deal of money but i do believe than want can get more than that...30mil i guess...
Aw will not spend the money in the market and will continue to use Hoyte, Flamini and Clichy... i have to agree to Henry that losing Cole to chelsea is a massive blow..but it's all about loyalty.

awooga83

Established Member
No doubt we will have another book and a case of how amazon hung him out to dry when they promised it would only be a saving of 25% but then changed it to 50% becasue they claim thats the only way they could shift it, of course there was a bigger issue in play that we couldn't see.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
my country new papers are criticising cole. the editors are claiming that cole saga, chelsea's tap ups are spoiling arsenal's momentum to challenge chelsea just as arsenal rebuild in a new era. they said that cole knew that arsenal would suffer if he joins chelsea and he purposely did that because of money. what a ****ing bastard. his is a first in football for many years. people leave clubs because of ambition, unhappiness with manager, but not because of wealth. he has serious attitude problem our dear ****ley.

btw, i just seen the TH14 interview. he said that he would be super sad if cole leaves because if will hurt arsenal's chances plus cole is his good buddy. well, thinking back, i remembered cole always track back and make sliding tackles. almost perfect one. he is the best left back imo. what a waste to sell him to our greatest rivals.

he brought it upon us, we will hate him forever i am sure.

karl

Unfortunately he has probably already had a fat advance for the book, so sales price won't matter to him. I'm sure Ca$hly got the finances well sorted out before someone wrote his book.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
karl said:
Unfortunately he has probably already had a fat advance for the book, so sales price won't matter to him. I'm sure Ca$hly got the finances well sorted out before someone wrote his book.

That really is none of our concern right now, if the book doesn’t sell well, that just points out to him where the fans stand in the whole issue, he might still think fans see him as an innocent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom