• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hesham said:
Im glad we turned them down. even if its 25mill. Id much rather sell Cole to spain or Italy for 10 mill rather than Chelsea for 25.
Im mean its not like AW is going to go out and spend the money on top players anyway. not the way he works.. so id rather not sell him to a rival even if were missing out on a couple of millions of Russian bloody money.

ya..i agree with u.....
we should require as much as we can from chelsea......they got a lot of money........
they willing to pay other club's player with 30-50m.....but not for us.......jz becoz arsenal was their rival.....so we should give them a tough task b4 they can get our player mayb not at the end........
well done DEIN.........

Hearty

ChampsArsenal87 said:
hesham said:
Im glad we turned them down. even if its 25mill. Id much rather sell Cole to spain or Italy for 10 mill rather than Chelsea for 25.
Im mean its not like AW is going to go out and spend the money on top players anyway. not the way he works.. so id rather not sell him to a rival even if were missing out on a couple of millions of Russian bloody money.

ya..i agree with u.....
we should require as much as we can from chelsea......they got a lot of money........
they willing to pay other club's player with 30-50m.....but not for us.......jz becoz arsenal was their rival.....so we should give them a tough task b4 they can get our player mayb not at the end........
well done DEIN.........

£20 million was a good offer though. Just because Chelsea have lots of dough, it doesn't mean they're going to pay whatever it takes to get him. Even they have their limits..

SSN say the move is highly unlikely now.

Hearty said:
ChampsArsenal87 said:
hesham said:

ya..i agree with u.....
well done DEIN.........

£20 million was a good offer though. Just because Chelsea have lots of dough, it doesn't mean they're going to pay whatever it takes to get him. Even they have their limits..

i know mates..........but i just meant i like to see chelsea bein fool.....

but even ferdinand cost MU 30m.......so cole should match that value coz he got he class plus he is an english and most important helsea was our rival...........

not against u ya mate.....dont get me wrong......

daniel

I think it's not very smart to ask a too big amount of money. Look where it got us. Cole is still here, and it's obvious that he doesn't want to be. Do you think he'll play as good as he can if he stays, I don't think so. So the only think that can happen if he stays is that his price will fall dramatically, and then it might happen that we dont get the half of what we were asking for in the first place.

Hearty

ChampsArsenal87 said:
Hearty said:
ChampsArsenal87 said:
hesham said:

ya..i agree with u.....
well done DEIN.........

but even ferdinand cost MU 30m.......so cole should match that value coz he got he class plus he is an english and most important helsea was our rival...........

i hear you but we've got a player who doesn't want to be here and here we are turning down a £20 million offer.

Just madness to me. He'll want out next year and we'll get under half that amount this time.

Similar scenario to Vieira when we could've sold him for £23 million to Madrid, kept him for 1 more year and sold him for half the amount the following year.

daniel said:
I think it's not very smart to ask a too big amount of money. Look where it got us. Cole is still here, and it's obvious that he doesn't want to be. Do you think he'll play as good as he can if he stays, I don't think so. So the only think that can happen if he stays is that his price will fall dramatically, and then it might happen that we dont get the half of what we were asking for in the first place.

ok....i agree with u.....

but u really think the money of 20m is very important for us...?
u think we cant spend bcoz we r short of money and do u feel AW will spend entirely of the money from reyes and cole if they leave to get new player....?
and u like to see chelsea dominate the epl or finish ahead of us by strenghten their weakest position now.......

AGooner

Grampus_Eight said:
celestis said:
The fact that the newspapers quote different figures - what does that tell you ? No one really knows. So I don't see why people find it nesscessary to fling mud at DD. The facts are that he is a canny businessman and he will get the best deal possible.

As for how long Cole is staying , since we are using every rag for reference , Cole is apparently willing to stay another year according to the people newspaper .. I don't worry that he will perform because he has good relations with Wenger and the players.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for DD. He is a genius and after Wenger is the best thing to happen to Arsenal in our modern history and he is responsible for getting the Boss here too. His business skills are incredible, he has become very wealthy from the rather modest investment he made in the club a couple of decades ago and helped turn the club and even the league into a juggernaut. So he certainly isn't a ****, but we have to remember that this mess started over the issue of 5k/wk. This whole mess is all Cashley's fault and he is the one in the wrong and a legendary dipsh*t, not to mention a traitor, but in retrospect DD holding up a new deal over 5k/wk was not a good business decision to say the very least.

Just like not selling him to Chelsea for £21m would be a bad business decision if it's as high as Chelsea will go and Madrid and Barcelona aren't interested in paying anything close to that number.

Cole is not staying for more than a year at the maximum and will not sign another extensio, even a short term one, so he will be worth £7-8m at most entering the final year of his contract next summer.

So unless Cashley signs long term extension of at least 4 four years (one without a get out clause or at least for around £30m), holds a joint press conference with David Dein which invloves burying the hatchet, huggs and a maybe even a kiss on the cheek, fires Barnett, and apologizes without reservation to the supporters, we need to sell him in the next two days. Period. End of story.

I agree 100%, furthermore, the story we turned down £21m is total boll*cks. Chelsea actually win by not following up their interest and that's what they are doing.

daniel

ChampsArsenal87 said:
daniel said:

u think we cant spend bcoz we r short of money and do u feel AW will spend entirely of the money from reyes and cole if they leave to get new player....?
and u like to see chelsea dominate the epl or finish ahead of us by strenghten their weakest position now.......

I don't think it's THAT important, but i think it's better to take 20 mil then 12-13. Cause, it's obvious he'll go as soon as he can.
And do you thinnk he'll play his best if he stays?
If he will, then it wouldn't be a mistake, but what if he stays and plays like s**t just cause he doesn't want to play here... Will that help us in the league?

Hearty said:
ChampsArsenal87 said:
Hearty said:
ChampsArsenal87 said:
hesham said:

ya..i agree with u.....
well done DEIN.........

i hear you but we've got a player who doesn't want to be here and here we are turning down a £20 million offer.

Just madness to me. He'll want out next year and we'll get under half that amount this time.

Similar scenario to Vieira when we could've sold him for £23 million to Madrid, kept him for 1 more year and sold him for half the amount the following year.
javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes
em.......i think that case is a bit different mates......age was a factor that coz the value goes down.......

and if we look back......at least viera stay give us one FA cup and 2nd in the EPL that worth more than 10m...i think......jz my opinion....

anyway....i will always be the same with u all that i wont want a betrayer at our club.......

bobo69

its brinkmanship at its best...

god knows who will replace him though when he does go for the full amount asked by AFC.

daniel said:
ChampsArsenal87 said:
daniel said:

I don't think it's THAT important, but i think it's better to take 20 mil then 12-13. Cause, it's obvious he'll go as soon as he can.
And do you thinnk he'll play his best if he stays?
If he will, then it wouldn't be a mistake, but what if he stays and plays like s**t just cause he doesn't want to play here... Will that help us in the league?

absolutely not help.....but do u think AW will play him if he play bad........AW not blind......

and if he stay...i think he will really consider carefully......which the book of him cant be launch.......

i think he wont like to play badly until AW put him to the reserve plus his book cant be launch.......if he does....he will be pretty stupid...that his future...i think he will clear bout it more compare to us.....

and if he play in reserve for the years rest of his contract ......i think england will re-consider whether to pick him..........

qs

Established Member
Ginger_Reyes said:
If this was Manchester United and SAF Cole's feet wouldn't have touched the ground, he would have been straight out.

You're right but Fergies made huge mistakes when he's done that. He got way less than he shoudlve for Ruud. They lost something you couldent even put a price on when BEckham left. He got rid of Stam and their defence went to pieces.

Just cos Fergie did it doesnt mean it was the right thing to do.

Glass_Heart

Gosh, i can't fathom the apparent madness that some of you guys are demonstrating.

20m is just not a reasonable price to let go of the BEST left back in EPL and further reinforcing your STRONGEST rival.

Unless we can get Gallas in return, it's absolute bollocks to sell Cole irrespective of the situation.

I would rather sell him for half the price to an overseas rival rather than to strengthen our domestic rival.

Gooner83

Glass_Heart said:
Gosh, i can't fathom the apparent madness that some of you guys are demonstrating.

20m is just not a reasonable price to let go of the BEST left back in EPL and further reinforcing your STRONGEST rival.

Bullshit... you don't normally pay £20m for Leftbacks!

drthorne1

Ok were all getting sick and tired of this whole saga now but Chelsea have been very astute (WAN****) in the whole affair.

First there worst case scenario is they don't get Ashley Cole but have had a great time unsettling one of there biggest rivals Arsenal Football club and Ashley Cole himself.

Second they end of getting the player and from one of there biggest rivals and there for weakening them for the season ahead.

Either way its a win win situation for Chelsea Football Club they were never going to pay a high price for Ashley because the know how well AW spends his cash.

With regards to the player himself I am quite surprised because in today's footballing era when players have so much power, Ashley has not refused to play, has not come out and said "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR ARSENAL ANYMORE", and if you compare that to Gallas and Reyes he has acted quite well.

Ok don't jump down my throat because I will never forget what led us to this stupid situation in the first place but if he does stay and it looks more and more likely that we will, I think this could end up being a big plus for the player and the club because lets be honest we need him at the moment...

Glass_Heart

Gooner83 said:
Glass_Heart said:

Bullshit... you don't normally pay £20m for Leftbacks!

You are the one who is smoking weed

Ashley Cole, irregardless of how much hatred and distaste you have for him, you can't discount the fact that he's the best left back, possibly in the world and with loads of potential to improve beyond his current capabilities.

He's able to defend, support and attack. He's the embodiment of today's modern fullback, and not to mention that you are selling it to our MAIN rival. 20m for Ashley Cole? While considering the obscene amount they splashed out for second rate players and the amount of wealth they have, 20m to me is unacceptable.

It isn't as if that Arsenal right now is desperate for money.

Yea, to give you even more disincentive. Try picturing the scenario where Arsenal is head to head with Chelsea in the title race and,
Ashley Cole, in a Chelski shirt, is to create/score/assist the winning goal that relegate Arsenal to defeat and thus losing out on the championship. 20m sure seems a good deal huh?

AxlGunners

How can people on this board be angry at Dein for not selling Cole for 20m.

Firstly, the story is only a rumour.

Secondly, if it is true, then im glad they turned it down. Everyone on this board has seen Hoyte at left-back and how weak he is in that position. Clichy seems constantly injured so it could be months before he can return to the team. Chelsea have had all Summer to offer us a reasonable price for Cole, and they finally do days before the end of the window. They are trying to play us for fools, knowing we won't be able to sign a replacement in time, thus us having to put up with Hoyte until January.

There's only one way the deal will be made now, and that's if Chelsea throw in Gallas to the offer.

hellolo

sabret00the said:
drthorne1 said:
"You Dont like Henry as a person" Any reason for that ?
the way he is on the pitch, i just can't stand his attitude when i watch him, even in post match interviews, the way he's such a control freak and how his idealology of football is the law at Arsenal.

More so which makes me dislike him is the way the fans and staff are in regards to him, giving him his own way, constantly hailing him the best in the world despite never in the past 10 years being considered so by his peers. the fact our system is built around him and he's such a selfish player, it just disgusts me.

And before anyone mentions his assist record to counter my selfish thing, please...don't. i watched an episode of Charmed once where everyone had to do something selfless and the first person that failed in the situation was the girl that jumped into the bit to save everyone else, because ultimately it was about how she was seen to make the sacrifice as opposed to the action of the sacrifice itself. It's like Henry, couldn't even get a f****g clear shot on goal yesterday and when he was in front of goal never wanted to shoot and yet he took THREE f****g free-kicks all of which went pair shaped, why not think to yourself, Robin's having a better match than me, he's good at these, i'll let him take the shot.

I would prefer him to be a Bergkamp type player, he worked to bring out the best in his peers where as Henry works for the memories and accolades, like we scored the best goal or i remember when i scored a goal after 90 passes, even i made this perfect pass when i could've scored and my buddy scored. how about just playing football and not making the assist you want or that brings the most praise but one your partner will want no matter how ugly the goal is?

Honestly i have enough Henry issues to fill a notepad, but i'll always cheer his Arsenal goals and wish him the best in an Arsenal shirt.

Even Freud would say "you have issues"

burnsjed

Established Member
We are in no position to lose the money though.
We can't afford to let hime sit here and watch his value drop.
Is it a perfect situation, hell no.
But what is the alternative?
Real Madrid are not after him are they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom